So any gun OWNER is now a gun DEALER?

JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior MemberPosts: 1,726 Senior Member
Never laugh at your wife's choices.
You are one of them.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,380 Senior Member
    You didn't read anything yet. This may be a good or a bad thing. The devil is in the details. We will find out tomorrow.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,000 Senior Member
    NO
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,203 Senior Member
    NOTHING good comes from this. Nothing.

The next time he opens his mouth it will be to strengthen his gun grab agenda yet again after these measures don't "stop gun violence".

I won't play. Sorry Barry.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,827 Senior Member
    Gun control will do nothing.
    Let a law abiding citizen purchase a gun when they desire. Someone illegible get told no once, if they attempt to puchase again x yers in prison. Use a gun to commit a crime you get several years in prison. Shoot someone while commiting a crime you get death. Not years on death row, but public hanging within 30 days. Do not pardon criminals keep them in jail longer. If prisons are over crowded build more and hire more C/Os. Make those in prison pay formtheir up keep or their families. No TV, no gymnasiums, books and work and simple food. The list to make someone think twice about using a gun for other than legal things can cover pages, but when our president and media make heros or martyrs out of thugs what can the average person do?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "The Obama administration also plans to complete a rule, already in the works, to close another loophole that allows trusts or corporations to purchase sawed-off shotguns, machine guns and similar weapons without background checks."

Hmmmmm.....
    Without backround checks..... That sure is hella ignorant...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The extremely dark brown market in firearms just got a shade or two darker.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,203 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The extremely dark brown market in firearms just got a shade or two darker.
    Jerry

Yup.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,927 Senior Member
    We all know the agenda. Has nothing to do with making us safer. More along the lines of making us sitting ducks. Excuse me while I go puke.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,854 Senior Member
    From what I can see so far this doesn't appear to be much more than Obama jerking off into the wind for his base. He wants to be able to say he "closed the gun show loophole", which he can't really do. Luckily most of the ignorant people who want it closed have never been to a gun show and have never purchased a gun, but heard about the "gun show loophole" on Facebook or MSNBC etc. The optimist in me thinks there's a half decent chance this appeases them without much real harm to 99.999% of gun owners. A bit more worried about the trust thing depending on the details, but even that is relatively minor. It may end up screwing some people though who live in counties with LEOs who take the law into their own hands and deny citizens their rights to own NFA items.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,032 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    "The Obama administration also plans to complete a rule, already in the works, to close another loophole that allows trusts or corporations to purchase sawed-off shotguns, machine guns and similar weapons without background checks."

Hmmmmm.....
    Without backround checks..... That sure is hella ignorant...
    I wonder what the future holds for suppressors in a trust?
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,334 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Instead of speculating, go read the ATF guidance on the subject.:

"Consistent with this approach, federal law explicitly exempts persons “who makeoccasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of apersonal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collectionof firearms.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/05/atf-guidance-on-who-qualifies-as-firearms-dealer.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Intentionally vague so they can pick and choose who to charge with what?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Step away from the wine dude. There is nothing good that can come out of this administration.

Damn, so we agree again! I get so tired of having to watch that mealy mouth silver tongued BSer.

But I'm just praying right now that nobody shoots him. That would do it and make a martyr out of him and reinforce efforts to ban guns.

Nope this ain't good. Nothing good gonna come of it because his real goal IS confiscation. This just gives him more tools to accomplish it.

I have an idea. If they want background checks, give every citizen and every legal alien a back ground check when they get a driver's license. Put a water mark in their driver's license and if that person goes to buy a gun he cannot legally purchase it without that mark. This background check can serve many purposes where background checks are needed. Having it would not be a red flag of gun buying since everyone would have one. Then if you're at a gun show, just show your driver's license. If you don't have the proper water mark then you can't buy the gun. Enough said. There's no record of you buying that gun other than the 4473 form. You're not on a special list kept somewhere that shows you have guns or that you bought guns. But you have had a background check.

This will do nothing for criminals killing people because they aren't going to attain a gun legally anyway. And it won't help with the problem of illegals. That's where laws like Kate's law would be beneficial, and if the Dummycraps and Obummer were really serious about stopping the violence they'd favor legislation like that. All this will affect is those who it has been pretty much proven are not the problem in the first place. All this is about his agenda to outlaw guns in this country.

It's looking like places like Texas and several other Southern states and a few other places need to assess our resources and get ready to assume about 150 million people. We may have to circle the wagons and get ready for a mass exodus to the south and some areas of the Midwest.

What would we call such a place? Why the United States of America of course. This is all about our Constitution as it was originally written, the ones left behind are the problem. Let them change THEIR name.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,695 Senior Member
    I too was confused by "His Holiness" spewing that his decree will prevent dealers on the internet and at gun shows from selling guns without a background check. What? The only gun (I am using "gun" because "firearm" is technically a NFA restricted item.) transfer I'm aware of that a FFL dealer is legally allowed to complete without a background check is with another FFL dealer. I understand now. 0bama ("zerobama" not one of my usual typos) is playing the "name game". It seems to me he is creating a non FFL "boogyman dealer" who is selling guns to anyone and everyone with no background check. Determining what constitutes a non FFL dealer is yet to be determined. Huh? I am not a FFL. It is being implied I can list a gun for sale on the internet. Another non FFL can purchase the gun no questions asked and I can ship it directly to them. I guess I could attempt to do that if I were willing to violate at least a couple of existing federal laws and risk at least a decade of incarceration. This EO backed by blatant lies and the usual deception could be much, much worse than we could imagine!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Gun control will do nothing.
    Let a law abiding citizen purchase a gun when they desire. Someone illegible get told no once, if they attempt to puchase again x yers in prison. Use a gun to commit a crime you get several years in prison. Shoot someone while commiting a crime you get death. Not years on death row, but public hanging within 30 days. Do not pardon criminals keep them in jail longer. If prisons are over crowded build more and hire more C/Os. Make those in prison pay formtheir up keep or their families. No TV, no gymnasiums, books and work and simple food. The list to make someone think twice about using a gun for other than legal things can cover pages, but when our president and media make heros or martyrs out of thugs what can the average person do?

:that:

You're preachin' right outta my book bro. Word for word you're matching my thoughts. There's a big difference between not allowing cruel and unusual punishment and being Stupidly naive. And this can be carried further into treatment of spies and terrorists too! Whoever said those people had rights? The rights they are talking about are for US Citizens, not foreigners who would kill us or over throw us! This is more insanity from the left that will be the end of us all.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,032 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Damn, so we agree again! I get so tired of having to watch that mealy mouth silver tongued BSer.

But I'm just praying right now that nobody shoots him. That would do it and make a martyr out of him and reinforce efforts to ban guns.

Nope this ain't good. Nothing good gonna come of it because his real goal IS confiscation. This just gives him more tools to accomplish it.

I have an idea. If they want background checks, give every citizen and every legal alien a back ground check when they get a driver's license. Put a water mark in their driver's license and if that person goes to buy a gun he cannot legally purchase it without that mark. This background check can serve many purposes where background checks are needed. Having it would not be a red flag of gun buying since everyone would have one. Then if you're at a gun show, just show your driver's license. If you don't have the proper water mark then you can't buy the gun. Enough said. There's no record of you buying that gun other than the 4473 form. You're not on a special list kept somewhere that shows you have guns or that you bought guns. But you have had a background check.

This will do nothing for criminals killing people because they aren't going to attain a gun legally anyway. And it won't help with the problem of illegals. That's where laws like Kate's law would be beneficial, and if the Dummycraps and Obummer were really serious about stopping the violence they'd favor legislation like that. All this will affect is those who it has been pretty much proven are not the problem in the first place. All this is about his agenda to outlaw guns in this country.

It's looking like places like Texas and several other Southern states and a few other places need to assess our resources and get ready to assume about 150 million people. We may have to circle the wagons and get ready for a mass exodus to the south and some areas of the Midwest.

What would we call such a place? Why the United States of America of course. This is all about our Constitution as it was originally written, the ones left behind are the problem. Let them change THEIR name.

I hope nobody shoots the SOB too, but because "Buckshot Biden" would take the helm of this sinking ship!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,230 Senior Member
    I hope nobody shoots the SOB too, but because "Buckshot Biden" would take the helm of this sinking ship!
    Not me....Biden would be a breath of fresh air compared to this evil, conniving little bastard.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • agewonagewon Senior Member Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Another tactic that hasn't been thought out; or has it?
    I've read multiple reports that using the Internet to sell your firearm will require you to be an FFL. now if I go list on gunbroker, or armslist, does that mean I need an FFL license? If so seems to me they want to start building a registry

Edit:
    This article was the first to mention the hobbyist exclusion, which I suppose we fall in to.