Exec. Order details

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 1,793 Senior Member
This link is to a local CBS affiliate's website. I felt the article was too long to copy and paste.

http://www.wcbi.com/local-news/breaking-president-unveils-executive-orders-on-guns/

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,897 Senior Member
    I didn't see anything about teaching gun safety back in our schools.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,097 Senior Member
    So other than the issue with the trusts that can easily be eliminated with a stroke of a pen a year from now, it really isn't much of nothing.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,408 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So other than the issue with the trusts that can easily be eliminated with a stroke of a pen a year from now, it really isn't much of nothing.

I disagree. This obviously isn't the end of the world, but when have we seen our federal government willingly relinquish powers given to it's various facets? Who among the front runners would bother eliminating these measures? This doesn't look like much on it's surface but, I would almost bet my life that even if nothing more comes of this, there will be at least a few 'unintended' consequences.

The fact that selling more than two guns a year, or selling a gun held in my possession for less than a year might land me in hot water with Uncle doesn't sit well at all...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,935 Senior Member
    My biggest worry would be the SS part because some typo could ruin someone's life; clerks cannot spell, know better than you do how to spell your name etc.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

The fact that documentation will be sent to your local CLEO about your NFA item pretty much is a form of registration. Many CLEOs in NC refuse to sign (either because they don't want the political BS to splash back on them from liberals in the election mud slinging or the idiot State AG has bullied them into not doing so) so now what was once not in the office files, even though they have CHP records, now is. Just more information out there than was before.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I disagree. This obviously isn't the end of the world, but when have we seen our federal government willingly relinquish powers given to it's various facets? Who among the front runners would bother eliminating these measures?
    Cruz, Paul, and supposedly Trump but I don't believe a damn thing he says.
    NN wrote: »
    My biggest worry would be the SS part because some typo could ruin someone's life; clerks cannot spell, know better than you do how to spell your name etc.
    The SS thing-- Yes, SS screws up everything. But I will have to agree that if you are incapable of handling your own finances, then you really have no business with a firearm. It probably isn't as cut and dry as that though and I am betting that someone that doesn't deserve it will get screwed.
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    The fact that selling more than two guns a year, or selling a gun held in my possession for less than a year might land me in hot water with Uncle doesn't sit well at all...
    We need to lobby Congress to create a "Hobby FFL" that will allow for that. Basically, it gives Obama his NICS check, and we get to order guns straight from distributors or out of state without using an FFL middleman. It also closes the "gunshow loophole" that liberals are crying about.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,683 Senior Member
    What will this do to existing trusts? What if I want to add another can or SBRto my existing trust? Is it grandfathered? Do Ihave to go back and get a background check for my existing trust and suppressor?

Will my CHL work for a background check for a suppressor like it does for NICS?

But I can see a problem popping up if I need to liquidate some guns to cover an unexpected expense. Do I have to get raped by a FFL, or get my own FFL just to pay my insane deductable from Obamacare?

This is stupid, and will hurt us.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Or not already registered?
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    We need to lobby Congress to create a "Hobby FFL" that will allow for that. Basically, it gives Obama his NICS check, and we get to order guns straight from distributors or out of state without using an FFL middleman. It also closes the "gunshow loophole" that liberals are crying about.

No.

We need to lobby congress to get the f out of our lives.

Ffff Obama and what he "wants". He's got a year left. Resist him to the bitter end.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Ok. So I'm confused on the issue of trusts.
    Say I have a trust. Say I buy a NFA item. I send all the info to the EIEIO, including my fingerprints.
    How in the <THE dirty word right there that the censor zapped)is that not a "background check"?

I went the trust method. Still had to do a 4473 when I took possession. Background check accomplished.

Going through the process made me realize even more how freaking dumb the process is.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    No.

We need to lobby congress to get the f out of our lives.
    https://youtu.be/HKh6XxYbbIc?t=26s
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    This is a no-brainer. Obama springs this on the same day that he releases 17 more of our murderous enemies from Guantanamo, and who knows what other insane acts of treachery to this country that don't even make the news. He dangles this in front of us with one hand, while doing the really important stuff behind the scenes. This guy, and the party he represents has made a career out of misdirection and bait and switch, and only a fool would identify this as anything different.

Nobody should have to even be bothered to examine the actual content of a dictatorial edict from a leader with a 7 plus year history of subverting the Constitution that he solemnly swore to uphold. Forget that, if you prefer, and just look at all the documented lies and broken promises he has made to his own supporters, much less the 50% of citizens whom he doesn't even attempt to justify himself to. He panders to those who hate freedom, and belittles those who love it.

This country has a process for making and reforming law, and this spoiled child doesn't even pretend to recognize that process as the law of the land. He speaks to the ignorant masses and ignores the voices of reason, on any subject, including our basic national security. He is a traitor to this country, plain and simple, who is propped up by foreign entities, other native born traitors, and the terminally ignorant masses that help him overwhelm the basic freedoms that have been guaranteed to us for more than two centuries.

We have a full year left of this creeping disaster, and lacking a Congress that will impeach and convict this traitor, our only non-violent recourse is to simply disobey, hopefully led by our state and local governments. We won't be sure that we have rid ourselves of this bastard till we see him walk out of his palace and board his plane to Hawaii and beyond. That, of course, assumes that our electoral process will even still be in place, by November.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    Look through the smoke

I bet there is something more sinister going on behind the scenes. Every time this guys does this and the news covers it in depth, something else happened and it hardly got a mention even though it was something that effected many.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Look through the smoke

I bet there is something more sinister going on behind the scenes. Every time this guys does this and the news covers it in depth, something else happened and it hardly got a mention even though it was something that effected many.

The Social Security thing along with the mental health possibility end round for doctors to "judge" competency without due process are a good start for the camel's nose. Now the for sure part that Congress needs to watch is the spending of what someone mention $500M on various pieces of it from new hires to improved databases to studying gun violence not to mention the development of "smart" guns. That number I'd bet if allowed could be padded real easy and the "study" money would not yield anything new ... criminals will always find a gun illegally and if they can't do that they'll use a knife, machete, hammer, golf club (except a 1 iron cause we all know not even God can use a 1 iron) or other "tool"/object.

While the stomping of the 2A is major, another thing is the waste of money on crap that will likely so 0% return.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,825 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    This link is to a local CBS affiliate's website. I felt the article was too long to copy and paste.

http://www.wcbi.com/local-news/breaking-president-unveils-executive-orders-on-guns/

I didn't really see much new there. It's the same old game. And that spill about people should have a Federal Firearms License to sell guns retail anywhere has been on the books like forever. Those people at gun shows are FFL dealers already. How stupid do these people think we are?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,825 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The Social Security thing along with the mental health possibility end round for doctors to "judge" competency without due process are a good start for the camel's nose. Now the for sure part that Congress needs to watch is the spending of what someone mention $500M on various pieces of it from new hires to improved databases to studying gun violence not to mention the development of "smart" guns. That number I'd bet if allowed could be padded real easy and the "study" money would not yield anything new ... criminals will always find a gun illegally and if they can't do that they'll use a knife, machete, hammer, golf club (except a 1 iron cause we all know not even God can HIT a 1 iron!)

FIFY
    Iffin you're gonna use such quotes (This one by Lee Trevino) get it right because when you screw it up using the wrong words it loses its original humor and effect!

The reason I say your original statement lost meaning was as you probably know this was in reference to being struck by lightning during a thunder storm on a golf course (and this was one of my favorite Trevino sayings). It's a fact that Trevino was struck twice by lightning during his career. And Hit (like getting hit by lightning) just goes MUCH better than USE here.

OK Everybody back to your routine, Thread Highjack over,

:rotflmao:.....:rotflmao:.....:rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    The SS thing-- Yes, SS screws up everything. But I will have to agree that if you are incapable of handling your own finances, then you really have no business with a firearm. It probably isn't as cut and dry as that though and I am betting that someone that doesn't deserve it will get screwed.
    That wasn't the point, all an anti gun person that works there has to do is put some thing untrue in your record and you would have fun getting it corrected.

Good grief, it has been put our there that all war vets have PTSD.

How about babies on the no fly list
    think again if you think that gets wiped out of every computer file when corrections are made.

If some idiot at the Post Office makes a mistake entering your address in computer files and you never liver there
    think that goes away
    well it don't.
    Run a computer check on me
    I never lived in Trenton NC; but, it shows up.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Getting gun owners together to do anything is a lot like herding feral cats. BUT...................if it could be done JUST ONCE, if every gun owner in the U.S. could afford to apply for an 01 FFL within a months time, the BATFEIEIO would be plagued with employees suddenly developing explosive diarrhea on an epic scale. And a few hundred thousand Class III applications for some nice toys the same month would be icing on the cake.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    What in the H-E double hockey sticks is the U.S. Digital Service?...Universal Background Checks equals Federal Gun Registry...I would bet a size-able amount of $ that there will be a real time searchable database of gun serial numbers tied to current addresses and owners in the next 10 years. Including a serial number history...I'm dreading where that leads...
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Under no circumstances should anyone cherishing their civil rights ever visit a shrink, or seek counseling of any kind, never say to your doctor that you're depressed or angry about anything, or mention firearms, or say anything denying man-made climate change (lest he consider you mentally ill for that) because now you will be reported to the NICS and you will lose your freedom.

The President's speech has had a chilling effect on the free speech of the rest of us, not to mention our gun rights. Obama is a very dangerous man.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,606 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm just stating facts. The decision on whether it's worth it is very individual. To me, it's worth it :cool2:

It's only a pain until everything is complete then you have the NFA items and tax stamp in hand, that's when it's all worth it!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Under no circumstances should anyone cherishing their civil rights ever visit a shrink, or seek counseling of any kind, never say to your doctor that you're depressed or angry about anything, or mention firearms, or say anything denying man-made climate change (lest he consider you mentally ill for that) because now you will be reported to the NICS and you will lose your freedom.

The President's speech has had a chilling effect on the free speech of the rest of us, not to mention our gun rights. Obama is a very dangerous man.
    :agree:
  • Macdaddy17Macdaddy17 New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    horselips wrote: »

Yes, this is the part that I have the biggest problem with. So now that we have gov't-run healthcare, the doctors will be REQUIRED to ask about guns and ammo and report back to authorities. It also means that all the anti-gun crowd needs to do next is broaden the definition of what it means to be mentally unstable. If they, for instance, decide that it should include anyone that is tired, angry, depressed, ... or Christian... or conservative - they'll effectively disarm a bunch of people w/o actually enacting "gun specific" legislation.

I guess the best thing to do is eat an apple a day!
    Macdaddy17 wrote: »
    !
    Welcome aboard
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,809 Senior Member
    Yes, this is the part that I have the biggest problem with. So now that we have gov't-run healthcare, the doctors will be REQUIRED to ask about guns and ammo and report back to authorities. It also means that all the anti-gun crowd needs to do next is broaden the definition of what it means to be mentally unstable. If they, for instance, decide that it should include anyone that is tired, angry, depressed, ... or Christian... or conservative - they'll effectively disarm a bunch of people w/o actually enacting "gun specific" legislation.

I guess the best thing to do is eat an apple a day!

People can write whatever they want on my intake forms, I don't judge them for content, gun ownership has no bearing as to why they are in my office, unless they tripped and fell over one or dropped it on themselves.

Welcome!

I am having a hard time following what keeping track of you "financial affairs" has to do with gun safety. Most people have a HELL of a time understanding their insurance these days, are they ineligible for firearm ownership?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,993 Senior Member
    You guys remember the 1994 mid-term election when the dems got CREAMED as a direct result of the Clinton AWB?

BarriO has simply managed to give millions of gun owning voters a fresh dose of rage 11 months before an election in which his party's chosen replacement for him is spouting exactly the same brand of gun-grab nanny-statism. I don't think his timing could be much better. . .FOR US.

He's pissed off a lot of folks with the ACA.

He's set us back at least 20-30 years on race relations.

He's pissed off a lot of folks with his handling of the middle east.

In short, if the Republicans can't manage to pull off a MAJOR landslide in November with this climate, they're even bigger bumbling idiots than BarriO is. People want their country back, and it's not hard to see who's taking it away at this point.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,934 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    You guys remember the 1994 mid-term election when the dems got CREAMED as a direct result of the Clinton AWB?

HOWEVER...have any of you noticed the change in tactics? The theme is now "Stopping Gun Violence" Brilliant! Who on earth could have a problem with stopping gun violence? ...and by default, anyone who's against this stuff is OK with gun violence...Far be it from supporting 2A Rights...you're OK with killing kids!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,934 Senior Member
    the doctors will be REQUIRED to ask about guns and ammo and report back to authorities.

...and anyone who is stupid enough to tell their Dr. about what's in their gun safe deserve exactly what they get....just write NOFB on the form...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"