Chicago LEOs Illegal Gun Seizure Rate ... 19 Per Day!

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
http://www.thegunpage.com/top-20-guns-seized-by-chicago-police-in-2014/2224686?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
By December 2015, the Chicago police confiscated 6,521 illegally owned guns from criminals in the city. That’s 19 guns per day or about one every 74 minutes.

For an area with such strict gun laws and from what has been reported NO GUN SHOPS they sure have a lot of guns ... Illegal guns! More seized than LA and NY combined ...

Chicago LEOs may get bad press but looking at this simple number of 19 illegal guns per day would make me real nervous as a LEO in Chicago ... hats off to them on doing this alone.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,271 Senior Member
    So, what makes these guns "illegal?"- - - -confiscated from felons, maybe? Or are the cops just stealing every gun they encounter?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    So, what makes these guns "illegal?"- - - -confiscated from felons, maybe? Or are the cops just stealing every gun they encounter?
    Jerry

Hmmm ... you make a good observation and point. I being naive was "assuming" they were stolen, illegally possessed, etc guns. Now I wonder how many were just good people arming themselves against criminals and those good people were deemed "illegal".
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    I wonder how many of those people they are confiscating those illegal guns from are in prison or headed that way....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,271 Senior Member
    Chicago has been a hotbed of official corruption at least since the turn of the 20th. Century. Until I see some evidence to the contrary, I'm going to look at that so-called statistic with a very jaundiced eye. Whoever heard of a politician or anyone else in authority in a city run by dummycraps making up their own propaganda?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    True, in the 1920's when prohibition & Chicago corruption was at its peak or zenith it was said gun licenses were difficult to get, unless you were a Gangster, everyone ( criminals) had one.

Today, while corruption abounds as well as YamDankee gun philosophy, the people these guns are being taken from are most often flocks of hood rats selling illegal drugs acting like the idiots they are, not normal every day people going about their regular existance.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996