Home Main Category Personal Defense

Open carry in Texas and no blood in the streets yet?

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Got up this morning, started the BBQ, got a brisket cooking and while I'm passing the time waiting on it I decided I'd better fuel up the truck before work tomorrow. With the weather being so nice today I thought Why not give open carry a test. I already had my STI Electra in the quite awesome San Antonio Spurs holster so I hopped in the truck and drove up to Buc-ee's to fuel up. While I was standing there with my gun hanging out in the breeze I had a grand total of nobody acted like they noticed. I finished fueling up and hit the road, no chaos, no screaming children, swat teams didn't descend on me and the world did not implode.

While I don't plan on open carrying as a habit it was nice to see it is nothing exciting, at least around here! What was exciting is the $1.56 a gallon for diesel!

5141FDCB-91F1-400F-9EF3-67E5151423D7_zpsylz0gj2a.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    You mean....the sky is NOT falling???
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Sorry for the anti's but NO, the world is still turning!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    I am pretty sure they can't see it from your right side:jester:, how were you standing when you were pumping gas?:jester:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I've seen more people OCing lately. I carry IWB but have not been all that concerned about the length of my shirt or printing in public. I think people are becoming used to it around here. Went to family resturant friday and saw a guy with a glock and 2 spare mags on his belt. No biggie.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure they can't see it from your Left side with all that belly in the way:jester:, how were you standing when you were pumping gas?:jester:

FIFY!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    FIFY!

As long as the wife thinks it is gas tank for a sex machine you are good:applause::jester:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    As long as the wife thinks it is gas tank for a sex machine you are good:applause::jester:

Scared to ask what she thinks of it!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I watched a guy strolling around WalMart a few days ago with a Glock on his belt- - - -no obvious retention devices evident, and he passed within arm's length of me several times. I could have disarmed him easily, but why bother? I had a 1911 stashed away under an untucked shirt!
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    I watched a guy strolling around WalMart a few days ago with a Glock on his belt- - - -no obvious retention devices evident, and he passed within arm's length of me several times. I could have disarmed him easily, but why bother? I had a 1911 stashed away under an untucked shirt!
    Jerry

Maybe you could have, maybe you could have drawn back a lot of pain; all depends on how aware he was. You never know who you are dealing with. Don't think it would be wise to try.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    He had both hands very well occupied with the kid he was carrying while his wife did the shopping. The gun was pretty obviously a redneck fashion accessory.
    Jerry
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    I haven't seen anyone OC yet. My little brother told me he's done it twice, both times like you, gassing up. My CHL expired :nono: so I can't carry until my new one comes in. I won't be OCing anyways.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Try not to let your CCW expire...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996