Pretty stirring ad by Donald Trump

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 7,148 Senior Member
Here's a link to his latest ad. It probably won't change the minds of the Trump haters, but personally I won't have any trouble voting for him if he wins the primary. It's only 3.5 minutes and worth a watch.

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=2649
JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Replies

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    T R U M P
    Everybody else is owned.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    We need a pit bull, he's the only one running.So far he's my guy.
  • Murphy's LawMurphy's Law Member Posts: 313 Member
    While I still like Ted Cruz, I'm starting to realize he's running too much of a passive campaign which is starting to infuriate me because I've seen what he's been capable of in the past. His unrelenting aggressiveness and coolness under pressure when debating on topics such as gun control has demonstrated his intelligence and knowledge of our Constitution. Why he can't find that same aggressiveness on the Campaign trail is beyond me. I'm starting to think Ted's more of a benefit to us in Congress. With that said, I'm still wary of Trump however, although I do like the fact that he's aggressive and can't be bought off. It will be interesting his choice as a VP pick at the National Convention. I just hope it's not some decision soley based on appeasing the masses through ethnicity or women voters. Hope he plays it smart on his choice. Time will tell.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    Here's a link to his latest ad. It probably won't change the minds of the Trump haters, but personally I won't have any trouble voting for him if he wins the primary. It's only 3.5 minu25 tes and worth a watch.

Did you see the video with Trump and Oprah on her show 25 years ago? He was saying the same things he's saying today. To me that proves he's for real. He's not like some, making it up as they go along just to get elected. No question he wants to get elected, but I would think it's because he has a lot more at stake than the run of the mill politician.

Oh well, one more thing, he seemed a lot more humble back then.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,697 Senior Member
    While I still like Ted Cruz, I'm starting to realize he's running too much of a passive campaign which is starting to infuriate me because I've seen what he's been capable of in the past. His unrelenting aggressiveness and coolness under pressure when debating on topics such as gun control has demonstrated his intelligence and knowledge of our Constitution. Why he can't find that same aggressiveness on the Campaign trail is beyond me. I'm starting to think Ted's more of a benefit to us in Congress. With that said, I'm still wary of Trump however, although I do like the fact that he's aggressive and can't be bought off. It will be interesting his choice as a VP pick at the National Convention. I just hope it's not some decision based on appeasing the masses through ethnicity or women voters. Hope he plays it smart on his choice. Time will tell.

I pretty well feel the same way. I want to like Trump but my memory is not as short as some folks and Trump has spouted rhetoric in the past that was contrary to what he says now and he was a friend of the Clintons who he now calls opponents. He is skilled at "working the room" and telling people what they want to hear. I'm getting sick of hearing him point out his position in the poles also, as I prefer to hear what he plans to do and how he will do it rather than than what the public thinks of him. I prefer to make my own decisions.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Trump should be POTUS. Ted Cruze is good and would make a good VP. The Congress needs an enima and Cruze has some rubber gloves. The rest of the Good Old Boys having to answer to Trump and Cruze would be perfect. :applause: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    While I still like Ted Cruz, I'm starting to realize he's running too much of a passive campaign which is starting to infuriate me because I've seen what he's been capable of in the past. His unrelenting aggressiveness and coolness under pressure when debating on topics such as gun control has demonstrated his intelligence and knowledge of our Constitution. Why he can't find that same aggressiveness on the Campaign trail is beyond me. I'm starting to think Ted's more of a benefit to us in Congress. With that said, I'm still wary of Trump however, although I do like the fact that he's aggressive and can't be bought off. It will be interesting his choice as a VP pick at the National Convention. I just hope it's not some decision soley based on appeasing the masses through ethnicity or women voters. Hope he plays it smart on his choice. Time will tell.
    From what I understand, Cruz is running a pretty effective campaign in Iowa, and is ahead in the polls. I think he is holding himself back from attacking other republican candidates because he believes in Reagans 11th commandment: thou shalt not attack fellow Republicans. I support that idea. Bush, Rubio and a couple others really piss me off with what they say in debates. I favor Cruz as well and will vote for him in Florida's primary, but if Trump wins that, I'm not going to be that disappointed. I just hope Trump picks Cruz as the VP, although I do think he has been very effective in the senate.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    snake284 wrote: »
    Did you see the video with Trump and Oprah on her show 25 years ago? He was saying the same things he's saying today. To me that proves he's for real. He's not like some, making it up as they go along just to get elected. No question he wants to get elected, but I would think it's because he has a lot more at stake than the run of the mill politician.

Oh well, one more thing, he seemed a lot more humble back then.

Trump was a Reagan supporter. There are pictures of them together at campaign rally's. I think he was playing it "business smart" when he said things about democrats that seemed to favor them. He had to make nice to get things done, IMO.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Trump should be POTUS. Ted Cruze is good and would make a good VP. The Congress needs an enima and Cruze has some rubber gloves. The rest of the Good Old Boys having to answer to Trump and Cruze would be perfect. :applause: Later,

Yeah, if that happens I hope they kick ass and take names...LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    From what I understand, Cruz is running a pretty effective campaign in Iowa, and is ahead in the polls. I think he is holding himself back from attacking other republican candidates because he believes in Reagans 11th commandment: thou shalt not attack fellow Republicans. I support that idea. Bush, Rubio and a couple others really piss me off with what they say in debates. I favor Cruz as well and will vote for him in Florida's primary, but if Trump wins that, I'm not going to be that disappointed. I just hope Trump picks Cruz as the VP, although I do think he has been very effective in the senate.

Good points. I totally agree with you. Cruz's Constitutional knowledge would benefit a Trump/Cruz bid in many ways.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member
    I saw it the other day but had to watch it again. That is a pretty moving ad. If he gets the nomination I would like to see Cruz as VP.
  • TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    No one I'd rather vote for!
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,657 Senior Member
    I don't trust Trump, but if he wins, I hope he has the good sense to appoint Ted Cruz (or Trey Gowdy) to Attorney General. VP would be a waste of a damned good constitutional lawyer, and I want to see some of these Obama/Hilary cronies go to jail.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,330 Senior Member
    Abroad (At least in L.A.) he's seen as a pistol-toting cowboy/Hitler mix by the (pinko) mainstream media and the "tippy toe" talking heads.

To me, he's a showman, a character and a businessman; as the purpose of an election is winning, he's doing everything in his power to achieve this goal. Love the way his mere presence turns livid all the professional politicians that try to answer with PC, conciliatory "warm water" rhetoric his front line blabber, throwing a wrench into what would otherwise be a dull, boring campaign, with a very good possibility of having the pantsuits lady win by a landslide.

If I could, I'd vote for him.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,536 Senior Member
    Cruz is ahead of Trump in some Iowa polls, and withing the margin of error on the rest. He is holding on to his cash because he doesnt need to spend it right now. He is doing a shoe leather campain that is working for him.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Here's a link to his latest ad. It probably won't change the minds of the Trump haters, but personally I won't have any trouble voting for him if he wins the primary. It's only 3.5 minutes and worth a watch.

I dont hate him. What he says now does not erase what I know he has done and stood for in the past. I dont trust him as far as I could throw him. We are getting over the reign of a narcissist in about a year, why would putting another in make any real difference?
    I dont hate him. What he says now does not erase what I know he has done and stood for in the past. I dont trust him as far as I could throw him. We are getting over the reign of a narcissist in about a year, why would putting another in make any real difference?

I would be willing to replace an evil commie narcissist with a well meaning, business-savvy one.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Excellent video and I have no doubt that he truly feels that way.

One observation, while the media keeps saying that Trump would loose to Hillary as shown in the polls I had a dinner party at my house recently and counted 5 Northeastern liberals that all told me they will vote for Trump. These folks were solid New England Democrat voters all their lives and fairly socially liberal on issues like abortion and welfare, BUT they are all pro-gun and fairly conservative on crime and tax issues. Their main reason? They feel the government is too powerful and corrupt, with no accountability and we need to shake things up. In my own family (which by the way has quite a few liberals/democrats in the ranks) almost 100% of the Democrats have said they favor Trump over Hillary. Not a "Republican", TRUMP!

Interesting that many folks on BOTH sides are so looking for a real outsider to bring in a cleanup crew.
    I have seen reports on Facebook that say Democrats are deserting the party in droves. This is one time I don't care where his votes come from, as long as he or some other Republican could win.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I would vote for D.T.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    I would vote for Trump based on the fact that a "community organizer" didn't work, career politicians haven't worked, governors and lawyers haven't worked. We need to try something new.

I could get behind Rubio as POTUS/VP as well. Cruz...eh, maybe. But I keep seeing things lately that he can not serve either position from being born to a Citizen, but in Canada.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    ...I keep seeing things lately that he can not serve either position from being born to a Citizen, but in Canada.

This a LBJ style red herring that Trump has seized on because he knows how many folks take a superficial look at candidates, before the field has been narrowed.

Cruz was born to an American citizen, living in a foreign country, and he lived there for less than five years - no different from John McCain, who was born in Panama. All the legal experts except those employed by the DNC agree that this is settled law. Only the media, a few loudmouths who don't mind looking like fools, and Donald Trump will pursue this avenue.
    I would be willing to replace an evil commie narcissist with a well meaning, business-savvy one.

So who would that be? Not DT by past practice. Trump does for Trump and Trump only, PER his history. He is running on selective history, sound familiar? He has made a lot of money, for himself, and when he screwed up it was XXXX anyone else. That is legal, and part of business, not taking responsibility for it shows all of his character that anyone should need to know. He is not at all against running over anyone to get his way, right, wrong or quasi legal.

Edit,

I guess if Bloomberg ran that ad, you would be OK voting for him. He is a well meaning business savvy narcissist.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    I received this email explaining why so many people like Trump.
    Why does trump look so attractive to people who want the country fixed?

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with rats. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean rats have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately so you hire a guy. A pro. You don't care if the guy smells, you need those rats gone pronto and he's the guy to do it! You don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has plumber's crack...you simply want those rats gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best. Period.

That's why Trump. Yes he's a bit of an ass, yes he's an egomaniac, but you don't care. The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republican Party is two-faced & gutless, illegals are everywhere. You want it all fixed! You don't care that Trump is crude, you don't care that he insults people, you don't care that he had been friendly with Hillary, you don't care that he has changed positions, you don't care that he's been married 3 times, you don't care that he fights with Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell, you don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist,...this country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo and Hamid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don’t even recognize the country we were born and raised in; “AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED” and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want. You're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, Republican Party, and sick of illegals. You just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but doesn’t have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn’t have political correctness restraining him, all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also not a politician, he's not a cowardly politician. And he says he'll fix it.

You don't care if the guy has bad hair. You just want those rats gone. Out of your house. Now.

Makes sense to me.
    Makes sense to me that people have to think that way to support Trump. I'm just not yet convinced that he can get rid of the rats.
    I guess if Bloomberg ran that ad, you would be OK voting for him. He is a well meaning business savvy narcissist.
    Yeah, right
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Nomadac wrote: »

You want them gone immediately so you hire a guy. A pro. You don't care if the guy smells, you need those rats gone pronto and he's the guy to do it! You don't care if the guy swears, you don't care.....

Then Delbert McClintock is your Man! ...oh wait, that was for spiders.
    ........... You're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, Republican Party, and sick of illegals. You just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but doesn’t have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn’t have political correctness restraining him, all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also not a politician, he's not a cowardly politician. And he says he'll fix it.

You don't care if the guy has bad hair. You just want those rats gone. Out of your house. Now.

Makes sense to me.
    That just about sums it up. The two things that Trump has that non of the others have is the lack of political correctness and he tells the truth. He is brutally honest and admits our situation is dire. I believe him and/or Ted Cruz are the only ones running that can REALLY do something about this mess we're in. The rest are just blowhards, and as much as they tell you they will fix things......THEY WON'T ! We need radical change, and not what Obama has and wants to bring us.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I received this email explaining why so many people like Trump.
    Why does trump look so attractive to people who want the country fixed?

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with rats. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean rats have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately so you hire a guy. A pro. You don't care if the guy smells, you need those rats gone pronto and he's the guy to do it! You don't care if the guy swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has plumber's crack...you simply want those rats gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best. Period.

Makes sense to me.
    If you do a search on his name and company and you will find out that he has only gotten rid of the rats he wanted to, left a lot of houses in bad shape when he left after cashing the check first, tells you he didnt have anything to do with the houses that he fixed that fell inwards while he was working on them and stole from the neighbors on a bunch of jobs, do you still hire him because he has a good ad on TV?