Current lawsuit that attracted my attention

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,569 Senior Member
This was reported on local TV news Saturday morning. What caught my ear was the defendants named were an Oregon pawn shop and a internet gun dealer. Wow! Has the Gun Control. I'm sorry. Common Sense Gun Laws movement actually identified one of their current "Boogeymen" Hoards of internet gun dealers supplying prohibited persons with any gun they desire without background checks violating federal firearm laws? In a word. No.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/01/family_of_slain_woman_plans_to.html

I checked the "internet gun dealer's" website. They are a sporting goods distributer with a retail store co-located with their warehouse and have been in business since 1946. I copied their procedures for internet sales to a non-FFL customer.

J&G II, Inc. FAQs info
• What do I have to do to buy a gun online or by phone?
Legally when an individual wants to buy a gun through the mail they must have it shipped to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder. However if you do not have an FFL you can still order online.

First find a local gun store or other FFL holder in your area and get their permission to have a gun shipped to them from J&G. Most dealers will do a transfer for you for a small fee.

Second have them send us a signed in ink, legible, copy of their FFL via fax, email, or mail. (C&R licenses can be mailed, or are also accepted via fax or email if a copy of the driver's license with matching name is included.) Please include the phone number and contact name. This only needs to be sent once as it is kept on file until it expires.

Third once we have the FFL on file you can order online being sure to enter the FFL's info in the space for shipping address and your info in the space for billing address. We can then ship to the dealers place of business and you can pick up your gun from them meeting all local state and federal laws. If you order and we have no FFL on file we will email you back explaining that you need an FFL causing your order to be delayed. All items are subject to prior sale, an order is not considered complete until all documents are received.

If the pawn shop (FFL) had the Mother complete an ATF Form 4473 and she passed a background check they were required to transfer the guns to her. If she was intentionally purchasing the guns for her Son and lied on the form she is the only one in violation of the law. Why isn't she being sued? She probably has little or no assets. Why wasn't she prosecuted? Like nearly all people caught lying on an ATF Form 4473 that are not prosecuted. I don't know. said Weigardt's attorney Tom D'Amore. "This lawsuit alleges that the gun dealer defendants were negligent in ignoring red flags regarding multiple fire arm sales over a period of months." Three guns? Months? Red Flag? Baloney!!!