Finally a Buck at my Feeder

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,269 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the same buck to me. Look at the front of the right antler. The original pic seems to curve inward with a longer sweep. The end of the second buck's antler seems shorter.

The right G3 on the original pic appears longer.

Maybe, maybe not. Wish I had more pics of that first deer.

But If they're different deer, I still think they're both too small.

Whatever, I was too bushed to go out this morning. I may go this afternoon to close out the season. My ML is shooting good now with the Magnum No. 11 caps. No hesitation and it fires off real snappy like. And, it has a bit more recoil.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I don't know if this is the same deer, but this one looks to be a shooter.

01140280_zpscffnfqd5.jpg

01140281_zpsxopuxfpr.jpg

01140282_zpsfwwjualt.jpg

01140283_zpszjboujur.jpg

01140284_zpsfqaycfjc.jpg

01140285_zpsliekztr1.jpg

01140286_zpspxq08plu.jpg

This is a shooter. I shot at another one this afternoon about 10 minutes before the end of legal shooting time. It was bigger than the one in the pictures. I feel like I hit it. I called my Son In Law and he and my daughter came out along with my ex and her Boy Friend. We looked for about 3 hours and didn't get home until about 10. It's cold tonight so it will probably be ok if the coyotes don't get it, so I'm going out in the morning and give a good look around. The front blade sight on my Muzzle Loader was right on the back of his neck. The only thing was it was pushing the max distance for my 50 Cal Renegade. It would have been a fitting end to a slim season if I'd have dropped him in his tracks. But that wasn't to be. I figure if I hit him he ran into the brush so I'll go give it a good going over and see if he's out there. IT WOULD BE NICE.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    My 50 Cal.Muzzle Loader is shooting very well with the CCI No. 11 Magnum Caps. I'm back to using 777 again. No more misfires.
2»