Home Main Category Personal Defense

How could this happen....in CHICAGO? It doesn't fit the agenda....

bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior MemberPosts: 2,543 Senior Member
We've kicked around similar scenarios like this here on the board: a robbery attempt at a T-mobile store stopped by a person carrying concealed. The twist: the defender worked there. The bigger twist: note the "no concealed weapons" sign on the door.

http://www.tmonews.com/2016/01/t-mobile-store-employee-with-concealed-weapon-shoots-two-would-be-robbers/

Not a bad outcome, I'd say.
Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Better aim might be nice.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    Finally, a feel good story about Chitcago!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,462 Senior Member
    Good for them, as it should be.

I wonder how many years the employee gets? I bet he will still be in jail while the perps are out walking around stealing. After all he did shoot them while they were just supporting thier kids Bla Bla Bla puke! The worst part is the perps will probably sue t mobile and the employee and win. They will get more from the suit that the robbery...
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Notice where he shot them? Maybe the groin shot will at least slow down the rate at which new gangbangers get produced! The Mozambique triple-tap would be a better idea!
    Jerry
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    Elk Creek is right - the store is guilty of false advertising, in that it advertised a defenseless victim zone, and the company failed to follow it's own advertising. Ergo, law suit time, and T-Mob has deep pockets. See, if the store had simply followed it's own policy these young thugs would have been able to steal enough money to turn their lives around, doncha know! :)
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Waiting for TMobile to force the manager to fire the employee with the carry permit.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I like that the manager backed the employee's play. That took guts.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.