Law enforcement are already demonized...what if the Dems get elected?

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,096 Senior Member
Recently Hillary and others have made (paraphrased) comments about police officers--inferring specifically white officers--either resemble or are worse than ISIS or terrorists in general. Add to that their desire and persistent attempts to confiscate firearms from law abiding people and I see no hope for this country if Democrats get another 4 years, or worse, 8.

Congress is useless. They won't help us.

Cops will have guns and so will criminals. Cops will be used more and more to do the bidding of progressives. They'll become as bad, or worse, than the criminal threat.

My position is clear, but their are 799,999 more like me than I can't be sure about...
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    The Democrat Party has finally revealed itself to most semi-intelligent folks, now. They have, for a couple of decades, been able to cloak the hatred they spread for anyone who opposes their Big Brother ideology, with emotional pleas for the weak and disadvantaged. Many of the people who have bought into it for years are wising up to their deceits, because lefties have become so confident in their eventual 'victory' that they don't even recognize the idiocy of what they promote on a daily basis.

Hang in there, if you can. There is still hope that sanity can return, in some places, to some extent, and for a while, anyway.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,065 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Cops will be used more and more to do the bidding of progressives. They'll become as bad, or worse, than the criminal threat.
    So the only remaining question is, will their shirts be brown or black?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    Mass resignations, maybe? Let the dummycraps do without their protectors for awhile! Chicago, Baltimore, Noo Yawk, Atlanta, and a few more bastions of progressive politics come to mind when the cops sort of look the other way. What would happen if the vast majority of them just quit?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,724 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Mass resignations, maybe? Let the dummycraps do without their protectors for awhile! Chicago, Baltimore, Noo Yawk, Atlanta, and a few more bastions of progressive politics come to mind when the cops sort of look the other way. What would happen if the vast majority of them just quit?
    Jerry
    There will always be a few or some that will follow thier twisted ideas, history is full of examples. Not all will quit, not all have pricipals that will stand that sort of test.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It is interesting to note that until the 1980s, police work was considered a " Blue Collar" occupation, even in cities like NYC, hard to believe, but true, 99% of police officers before that era were NOT antigun, regardless of what Hollywood or the media would have people believe.

The major switch began in the 1980s with the hiring of college graduates with a far left liberal leaning fostered by mainstream liberal proffesors, even though the brass, Chiefs and up were old school, they toed the liberal appointed ranks philosophy.

Problem starts with a Police Commisioner that is APPOINTED by the Mayor and can be fired at the Mayors discretion or at will, appointed LEOs tend to be prissy pants polyannas protecting their jobs, not the people.

That is how you create a Liberal Democrat **** Police force, have all the decissions made by APPOINTED political hacks !

The rank & file Police Officer has Mothers & Fathers, Sisters & Brothers, Children & Grandchildren etc... Any wonder they want them to be protected by CCW ? any LEO that has ever responded to a shots fired call and found a helpless dead unnarmed victim will feel this way, unless they are a stupid unreasoning lump.

Specially APPOINTED NON LE brass are especially stupid and perhaps really believe non LEOs are NOT capable of using firearms to defend themselves.

I don't know the how & why of what a LEO thinks or does not think become apparent without talking to many LEOs and finding out how they really think, apart from a few bad ones that get notoriety while the good LEOs benefit the bad reps earned by bad apple LEOs.

The average encounter ( NYC ) between a LEO and civilian CCW used to go thusly;
    Discounting of course obvious Gang bangers or thugs hanging out on a street corner.

Average Joe Q. Public's sidearm is briefly seen by a uniformed LEO,
    Is courteously asked, do you have a permit for that gun ?
    answer: Yes Officer, would you like to see it ?
    Answer: no, that won't be necessary, have a nice day !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    ........The major switch began in the 1980s with the hiring of college graduates with a far left liberal leaning fostered by mainstream liberal proffesors, even though the brass, Chiefs and up were old school, they toed the liberal appointed ranks philosophy...........
    I can't say I disagree with much of what you say, other than the timeline for required college degrees. In 1969 when I first applied for my P.O. job in suburban NY, there was no degree requirement, but after 3 years in the military come 1973, the new requirements were that you needed a 2 year degree. I had some college credits but not a degree, so the only reason I got hired was that I was grandfathered in under the old rules, having been on a hiring list while in the service. Other departments were adopting the same requirements around that time as well.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I know that by 1988, ( NYCPD, NYSPD ) you could hire on after taking the civil service exam title; "Police Officer" with barely more than a H.S. diploma, college advised, for example night classes at John Jay college...

Other requirements could be waved for special circumstances hires.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    T R U M P
    Because the alternative is too horrible to contemplate
    "Law enforcement is already demonized...what if the Dems get elected?"

Short answer; not a thing that has not happened before.
    At the end of the day, Democrat Libtards accomplish nothing, LE has always survived Libtard mouth storms.