Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Doomberg for President???

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberNorth CarolinaPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
http://news.yahoo.com/michael-bloomberg-may-launch-independent-u-presidential-bid-152658508.html

Yeah, right. The only way he'd win is if he'd buy enough votes. That would cut in to a Hildabeast's or Suanders votes I'd think ...
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,244 Senior Member
    Or he could start making pro gun, pro conservative speeches and no one will look at what he stood for last week. Its working for one guy pretty well.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Great idea! Let Bloomerburger slice off some of the far left wacko vote from Sanders, and that gives the Republican candidate a better shot at winning the whole magilla!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I don't think Bloomburgler has anymore chance than Bernie in a general election, but they both have a chance at defeating Hitlery in the primaries. Then it will be a bit easier for a Repub to win the general in November.

There's some talk about Bloomburgler running as a third party in the General. Even though he is registered as a Republican, everybody and his Dog know's what a progressive libtard he really is and he will only milk votes away from the Dummycrap in the General insuring a Repub win. Shades of Ross Perot on the other side of the aisle.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    I'd like to see him and the Bern in a wealth tax debate!!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Bloomberg is a YamDankee carpetbagger Northern agitator if ever there was one.

And a RINO, and a gag-a-maggot eating ........:angry::angry::angry:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    I hope wisdom prevails and this is what happens as far as losing votes, it is just that Bloomberg seems to have such a huge following, I shudder to think he might be able to swing an election, I hope I am just plain wrong etc....

I WANNA EAT CROW on this one !!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • earlyearly Senior Member Thornton COPosts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Can he save us from the evils of super sized soft drinks?
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    early wrote: »
    Can he save us from the evils of super sized soft drinks?

OH YES early, he already did! Thou SHALT Not drink a 16 oz sweet, fizzy drink!!! All Hail King Michael!

What do they have? A cyber chip that records total volume of sweet carbonation going in your stomach? Well Kiss my Grits and send me to my room! I bet there's no limit on beer. Remember, kids under what is it now, 21 or 18? can't vote anyway, but I bet they don't limit alcohol or COFFEE! because those are more ADULT beverages and ADULT's Vote.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Run Michael run! Bloomberg for President! Go for it!

T R U M P
    If Bloomberg runs, we win
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Another jackass billionaire from New York? Sure. Why not?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Silver Spring, MD 20906Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Another jackass billionaire from New York? Sure. Why not?

The sheer, presumptuous arrogance of that gun-hating, elitist dwarf really gets my goat! Does he really think
    he can generate enough votes throughout the nation to even influence an election, much less win one? I can't believe
    this fool's conceit. If he'd just stop hugging and kissing himself for five minutes, he "might" see the error of his ways.
    What a load of kosher, katzenjammer horsecrap!

Growl-l-l-l-llllll..............
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member WyomingPosts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Great idea! Let Bloomerburger slice off some of the far left wacko vote from Sanders, and that gives the Republican candidate a better shot at winning the whole magilla!
    Jerry

Exactly what I thought ....he'd be doing what Ross Perot did. Colonel Sanders or Hildabeast would lose votes to him. A republican's dream.
    The sheer, presumptuous arrogance of that gun-hating, elitist dwarf really gets my goat! Does he really think
    he can generate enough votes throughout the nation to even influence an election, much less win one? I can't believe
    this fool's conceit. If he'd just stop hugging and kissing himself for five minutes, he "might" see the error of his ways.
    What a load of kosher, katzenjammer horsecrap!

Growl-l-l-l-llllll..............
    Again its working for another pompous arrogant elitist NY lefty, Why not him?
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    ...........Even though he is registered as a Republican, everybody and his Dog know's what a progressive libtard he really is and he will only milk votes away from the Dummycrap in the General insuring a Repub win. Shades of Ross Perot on the other side of the aisle.
    Actually he WAS a Democrat, switched to Republican to run for mayor of NYC, and is now an Independent.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Actually he WAS a Democrat, switched to Republican to run for mayor of NYC, and is now an Independent.

I didn't do a proper research on him but I figured as much. He's a scumbag that has no values of his own. He will claim any belief or any party to reach his goal. He has no conscience, he just has an agenda, like Obummer.

Does he have bad hair also? I think I saw his twin.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I didn't do a proper research on him but I figured as much. He's a scumbag that has no values of his own. He will claim any belief or any party to reach his goal. He has no conscience, he just has an agenda, like Obummer.
    Between trying to ban large sugary drinks in NYC and taking away everyone's guns I think he would make a great member of the Nazi party.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    That extra large soft drink ban was such a waste of time and a symbolic joke, yet anyone could still guzzle 2 liter bottles of Coke or whatever !

Not only that, diet drinks were excluded, so anyone can substitute non diet drink, at those self service fountains.......

Rush said it best; "Symbolism over substance."
    NEW YORK TIMES

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/nyregion/city-loses-final-appeal-on-limiting-sales-of-large-sodas.html?referer=

"By MICHAEL M. GRYNBAUM
    JUNE 26, 2014
    The Bloomberg big-soda ban is officially dead.

The state’s highest court on Thursday refused to reinstate New York City’s controversial limits on sales of jumbo sugary drinks, exhausting the city’s final appeal and dashing the hopes of health advocates who have urged state and local governments to curb the consumption of drinks and foods linked to obesity.

In a 20-page opinion, Judge Eugene F. Pigott Jr. of the New York State Court of Appeals wrote that the city’s Board of Health “exceeded the scope of its regulatory authority” in enacting the proposal, which was championed by former Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg. Judge Pigott wrote that the complexity of the proposal and its reach into the everyday lives of millions meant that the City Council ought to address it instead."