Home Main Category Personal Defense

Man accidentally shoots friend while showing off gun

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,088 Senior Member
How in the bloody blue blazes do you not know if your own gun is loaded or not!?

This is exactly the kind of idiocy the Anti's eat up with a smile...

http://www.guns.com/2016/01/25/man-accidentally-shoots-friend-while-showing-off-gun/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=56a7d9a204d3013aafaf50d2&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I've shown firearms to friends numerous times. Never had the desire to point one at any of them.

From what I see daily in traffic, we live in an increasingly impulsive sociopathic society.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    Quote from the article....................."Gorecki put the gun to Golabek’s head and pulled the trigger, apparently not realizing the gun was loaded."

Words escape me...............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    You know, this reminds me of what I told one of my dance sisters who is afraid yet fascinated with guns: You have to violate at least TWO of the gun safety rules to have something bad happen. This situation just underscores that factoid...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    :agree: Yep....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Savage99Savage99 Member Posts: 43 Member
    A new gunshop opened in the next city. When I walked in the senior gentleman behind the counter spotted a guy walking past his window on the sidewalk in front of his store.

The customer handed him a revolver and he immediately raised it up, aimed it out his window towards the street and started to pull the hammer back!

I spoke up and said "YOU DIDN'T OPEN THE CYLINDER TO SEE IF IT'S LOADED!"

He said: "Don't slam the door on your way out."

I will never go there again.
    Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes!
    When we go to the eye doctor they ask us what lens we like! They have us look through lens's and find what we see best with! Do that with your shooting optics.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I guess people are that stupid, but, the story kinda smells funny to me.

1. People are that damn stupid. On the plus side, he will not be making an babies while in prison.

2. Even though the story does not pass the smell test I PROMISE people are that damn stupid.

You should meet some of the crayon eating, window lickers we get at work. A lot of them tried very freaking hard to smoke themselves ****. They kept trying until it stuck.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    People are in fact that stupid, Marine shot another just that way here a couple of years back at a party in off base quarters.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    They are probably Croatian immigrants.
    Maciej Gorecki, 32 & Zdzislaw Golabek, 37

2nd degree manslaughter...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Much as I hate to say it, there are people that need gun laws. Like, "No man, you put the gun down, you're too stupid to own one."
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    The Darwin gun law has always worked pretty well to weed out the non hackers....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    10003498_1690797694540484_2807883406065857058_n_zpsazxl3dbz.jpg
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    They are probably Croatian immigrants.
    Maciej Gorecki, 32 & Zdzislaw Golabek, 37

2nd degree manslaughter...

Polish.

What's missing from this short article is that these guys were drinking heavily. Initially, Gorecki claimed that they were playing Russian Roulette, then changed his story, then finally admitted to shooting his friend "thinking" that the gun was not loaded.
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    What do you know about Polish people? :tooth:
    Overkill is underrated.

Hahaha...they live in Poland and the women do a hell of a job shoveling snow! :tooth:
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
    The women shovel snow?

Looks like Polish men aren't as dumb as people make them out to be...
    Overkill is underrated.
    The women shovel snow?

Looks like Polish men aren't as dumb as people make them out to be...

Exhibit A:
    12552680_10207663436177951_6376169790196872596_n.jpg?oh=dbd73024746635e8f0c1d638e36f9c0f&oe=572E491D
    I think I saw a pic of what her spouse was doing while she was doing that. He's a smart dude.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    Some day I'll tell since I married one even if from here.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member

When I was in high school, I had a bumper sticker that pointed out that Poland was the "ski" capitol of the world.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    There were many decent Polish folks in my old neighborhood.