Home Main Category General Firearms

Gifting a C&R rifle

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I am almost positive I can, but can't reference it. I want to gift my oldest brother one of my C&R rifles. He lives in FL and can legally own and has a CCW.

So where can I reference this. My my late brother did one for me and just logged it in his C&R bound book and wrote my DL# in it as a gift, I believe, if I remember correctly.

Thanks
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,636 Senior Member
    Sell it for $1?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • StenfieldStenfield Member Posts: 41 Member
    If your C&R is currently active you must log it out of your bound book using his drivers license info . Note it as a gift if your C&R is not currently active it would be handled like any other private sale,transfer a receipt between the two of you with drivers license info should suffice.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    Stenfield wrote: »
    If your C&R is currently active you must log it out of your bound book using his drivers license info . Note it as a gift if your C&R is not currently active it would be handled like any other private sale,transfer a receipt between the two of you with drivers license info should suffice.
    That sounds correct to me :agree:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It might be easier just to send the rifle from one FFL to another FFL, that way its all covered...
    And gifts are legal and covered in the legal definition.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996