Home Main Category General Firearms

Forged Damascus steel double rifle, follow it from start to finish

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
This guy builds a fine double rifle from Damascus forgings, all hand forged / hand made, lots of detailed hand fitting and finishing etc....

Really very informative !

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/3761057511/p/1

The finished rifle is $ 5,000 it does leave one with the impression, that it is a fair price given the amount of painstaking hand work and hours involved.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Wow - I read all 5 pages of that thread - what an incredible craftsman!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Double rifles are an intensive study in mechanical wonder. Someday I May get a book on the subject.

One thing that I read about that was really cool is called a Jones under leaver. Thing puts a double mortise bite in the mono block so strong that they were used many years after being surpassed be easier passive systems.

Fascinating subject.

Edit
    Wow! Great read Doc. I think I'm tired from seeing all that.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,149 Senior Member
    Dude knows his stuff. That was an impressive, informative thread.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Were I a younger man, with more years to shoot ahead of me, $5000 would be a steal for that.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain