Home Main Category Personal Defense

A victory for common sense.

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,111 Senior Member
Guy shoots down drone with a shotgun after it flies over his back yard and hovers above his teenage daughter who is sunbathing. He gets arrested and charged with 2 felonies........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWuC0IWobg

Judge dismisses all charges............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSjIAdImW_4
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    WOW!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    That drone was toast ! a 40 mm pistol ? lol

All kidding aside, how does anyone excuse a peeping tom by remote control ?
    It is somewhat moronic, and to get arrested too.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    There is every chance extent that adjudication of such incidents will result in gross injustice. Something to keep in mind IMO.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Good!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Gross injustice to whom ??
    The peeping tom or the victims ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    The victims.
    I don't trust an injustice system that charges protecting parents with felonies. Worked out this time, next time who knows.
    We had this topic before, and I did not think it wise to use firearms to destroy a drone, I still don't, use some sort of jamming or a water jet, get it done in a way that will not grt you arrested.
    Yea, I'm glad there was some satisfaction in the destruction. I just kinda have a phobia about what happens in court's.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    We had this topic before, and I did not think it wise to use firearms to destroy a drone, I still don't, use some sort of jamming or a water jet, get it done in a way that will not grt you arrested.

I can see a money making opportunity for cpj, on the horizon.

A slingshot that throws 3 golf balls tied together with 100lb fishing nylon., (similar to a Bolas).
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    I am all for smashing drones, it is an aversion to handcuffs, pretty much as a cat to water......
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    I can see a money making opportunity for cpj, on the horizon.

A slingshot that throws 3 golf balls tied together with 100lb fishing nylon., (similar to a Bolas).

I have an air powered potato cannon that would make very short work of a drone firing out a wad of paracord strands. Plus, I could probably use the drone afterwards
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "That drone looks a little dirty- - - - -get it close enough and my 3,000 PSI pressure washer will clean it up nicely!"
    :devil:
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    Yea, I'm glad there was some satisfaction in the destruction. I just kinda have a phobia about what happens in court's.

And Rightly so early, you never know how things will go in a court of law nowadays.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Oh come on.
    It's only a drone with camera, what harm can it do after all.........................................:uhm:.

Iran 'flies surveillance drone over US warship'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35443879
    1 hour ago

_88004594_44d7f089-bc0e-4281-a8b0-ae01e3e6a65a.jpg

"Iran's navy commander praised the operation for getting so close to a warship,

"to get such accurate footage of the combat units of foreign forces".

An Iranian light submarine also closely participated in the surveillance operation, Iran's state-run Irna news agency reported.

Adm Habibollah Sayyari, Iran's navy chief, told state TV it was a sign of the

"bravery, experience and the scientific capabilities of our drone operators".

_88004595_77916c77-8fe1-4f13-b1b3-f0ce0e7452b8.jpg

"The US said an Iranian drone had flown over one of its carriers recently, but did not say if it was this incident.

It had not posed a risk to the USS Harry S Truman, but the move was "abnormal and unprofessional", Reuters news agency quoted a US navy spokeswoman as saying."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Phalanx target practice, anyone? Didn't some of those defensive fire control operators get pretty good at "seagull skeet" awhile back before some bigwig admiral got wind of it?
    Jerry
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    These days, I'm sure we can get a guidance system miniaturized enough to put on an Estes model rocket. One "innocent" hobby collides with another "innocent" hobby. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    These days, I'm sure we can get a guidance system miniaturized enough to put on an Estes model rocket. One "innocent" hobby collides with another "innocent" hobby. . .
    Damn. That would be cool! Most of my model rockets were only ever launched twice-- the first time with the recommended motors to see if it actually worked, then the second time I usually wonder if I can get it to go higher and strap some "D" motors in, and successfully launching it into real orbit, never to be seen again.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Damn. That would be cool! Most of my model rockets were only ever launched twice-- the first time with the recommended motors to see if it actually worked, then the second time I usually wonder if I can get it to go higher and strap some "D" motors in, and successfully launching it into real orbit, never to be seen again.

HAR! That pretty much perfectly describes my first experience with "C" motors, which fit into the same space as the much less powerful "A" motors. After a couple of 300 foot "A" flights in my new 14-15" long by perhaps 1.5" wide lightweight rocket, the first "C" motor took it up about half a mile, where the prevailing winds caught the parachute and carried my painstakingly crafted baby to parts unknown.

My brief teenage experience with "D" motors was not good, as a bad run of them destroyed the first rocket on its first ever launch, gave a really cool failure on the warranty replacement rocket where the fuel separated from the cardboard casing and kept going, and then a third failure which destroyed this second rocket as well after less than five successful flights.

While I was rather pissed at the time, in retrospect, historical accuracy was achieved - the rockets were Estes' replicas of the German V2.:tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    HAR! That pretty much perfectly describes my first experience with "C" motors, which fit into the same space as the much less powerful "A" motors. After a couple of 300 foot "A" flights in my new 14-15" long by perhaps 1.5" wide lightweight rocket, the first "C" motor took it up about half a mile, where the prevailing winds caught the parachute and carried my painstakingly crafted baby to parts unknown.

My brief teenage experience with "D" motors was not good, as a bad run of them destroyed the first rocket on its first ever launch, gave a really cool failure on the warranty replacement rocket where the fuel separated from the cardboard casing and kept going, and then a third failure which destroyed this second rocket as well after less than five successful flights.

While I was rather pissed at the time, in retrospect, historical accuracy was achieved - the rockets were Estes' replicas of the German V2.:tooth:[/QUOTE

You guys are lucky to have been born a bit later. I was stuck in the U Control model airplane age. I had everything from a McCoy 35 to a Super Tiger 35 that I could run on pressure and would turn over 18 grand and put out 7/8s HP WOW! I also had a beautiful Fox 35 that you could idle down running rich at about 7000 RPM for stunt work. On my Nobler with working flaps it could almost stand still in the air and do beautiful square loops. I put the Super Tiger on a Top Flite Combat Streak that I converted to workable flaps and it flew its ass off running about 80 MPH in a circle with 60 foot wires. That thing would damn near screw you into the ground so there were plenty of over the top loops and lots of going between upright and inverted flight. It would turn over on a dime at max speed which I attribute to the great design of that plane.

I wish I would have gotten into Rockets.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.