Home Main Category General Firearms

2016 SHOT Show

N454casullN454casull MemberPosts: 563 Senior Member
So as mentioned by Sixgun I went to SHOT again this year. As always it was a good show. Best part for me was getting to meet Lee Child and have him sign his newest Jack Reacher novel. Also had a really good conversation with Colin Nior awesome guy easy going great to chat with. Got to meet and chat with my 3 outdoor hero's for about 45min the guys from the tv show the Habit. All in all a good time.
Oh and the Miculek family is awesome!

Nothing really new out there, only 2 things caught my fancy the Sig Kilo2000 range finder and the Weatherby 6.5-300.

The Sig is amazing it uses some new propitary software as well as a 4x per second refresh rate to range animals out past 1000yrds. Also in talking with the head of development he said wait 90 days there's more to come. He hinted at the Kilo having the ability to Bluetooth with your phone to provide more detailed shooting solutions as well as a couple other models. I'm in agreement with Sixgun personally I'm not looking to spend 3x the money for that feature. Best thing about it is right now $400 gets you an amazing rangefinder.

The Weatherby well it's a Weatherby and I have been on a fast 6.5 kick they project a 129gr bullet at just under 3,700fps.

Just as it was last year if you are hardcore into ARs you would love the show. There was more new brands of ARs and AR accessories than you could almost look at in 4 days. A lot of big bore ARs as well especially in the 300win mag variety.

The gun business is just that a business and you make what sells the best and a majority of people want. I'm not an AR hater by any measure but I will be ok if it dies down a little.

Also lots and lots of custom 1911 in the $2500 range. Saw the Cabot meteorite 1911 cool I guess. They do make some cool Damascus Steel slide guns. Damascus also seemed to be a big thing for 1911 this year. Met Jesse James as the Cabot booth went over to Jesse James Firearms after that interesting guns but he basically wants double what everyone else wants. Saw and held the Arsenal Dueller double barrel 1911 it's huge. It would be interesting to shoot.

Last night we were in Vegas we got to watch them filming a big car chase scene for the upcoming Bourne movie. That was kind of interesting and a pain they completely shut down the strip.

All in all it was fun and interesting trip we also drove to LA for another trade show for our other business. When it was time to come home I was more than ready.