Home Main Category Personal Defense

CHL saves Deputy

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,008 Senior Member
http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2016/01/28/veteran-credited-saving-bastrop-deputys-life/79482456/

I know the common wisdom is to not intervene when you see a crime being committed, But when this CHLholder saw a deputy in a struggle where a suspect was trying to get the deputy's gun- he intervened and saved the officer.
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    It's good that things worked out and no one was seriously hurt or killed but, the deputy shouldn't have put himself in that position. Once the woman and child were safe and the perp ran, the deputy should have waited for backup before going after him. The article stated that the perp was quite a bit larger than the deputy and the deputy tried to physically subdue him when he wouldn't follow his commands. That deputy was very lucky.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,758 Senior Member
    Well done!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    The article stated that the perp was quite a bit larger than the deputy and the deputy tried to physically subdue him

Could be a case of SGS (short guy syndrome)- - - - -might be the reason he's a deputy in the first place!
    Jerry