Home Main Category Personal Defense

This FLA resident will most likely loose his CCW, I think

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,656 Senior Member
    I do not know how anyone can drop their gun and not feel the difference. Especially a pocket gun.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I know several people that carry a Ruger LCP in their pocket (I assume that's what the gun was as they said it was a Ruger .380 and it fell out of his pocket) and they claim that most of the time, they forget that it's there so I can see it happening but it doesn't excuse it. The real idiot was the custodian who fired it while trying to unload it. An LCP is not an easy gun to have an AD with. The local LEO that pointed out the potential hazzard with a large fuel storage facility nearby didn't exactly display intellect. It was a .380, not an RPG. I'd be more concerned about a kid picking it up.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The worker held it over a tall fence and pulled the trigger.............not the best way to determine if a gun (real or pellet) is loaded. If you don't know squat about guns, do an Eddie Eagle and don't touch it, get an "Adult"

Than God no children or anyone else were hurt.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,419 Senior Member
    "The weapon was dangerously close to massive fuel tanks."

Ok, why are there "massive fuel tanks" that close to a school? That actually bothers be more than finding some guys gun.

Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I know several people that carry a Ruger LCP in their pocket (I assume that's what the gun was as they said it was a Ruger .380 and it fell out of his pocket) and they claim that most of the time, they forget that it's there so I can see it happening but it doesn't excuse it. The real idiot was the custodian who fired it while trying to unload it. An LCP is not an easy gun to have an AD with. The local LEO that pointed out the potential hazzard with a large fuel storage facility nearby didn't exactly display intellect. It was a .380, not an RPG. I'd be more concerned about a kid picking it up.

:that:

You bring up a couple of excellent points Fish, the custodian was the big idiot, followed closely by the LEO who being a cop should at least have a glimmer of firearms knowledge to know that a .30-06 ain't probably penetrating a half inch of steel, which I would imagine that propane tank is made from. A .380 is not even a .30-06, much less an RPG. And even a .high powered rifle would probably need to strike steel that thick at a very steep angle to penetrate it, like close to 90 Degrees. Maybe this is nit picking, but it should be obvious to anyone with more than a casual knowledge of firearms and ballistics that a .380 out of a short handgun barrel probably isn't going to penetrate it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Kinda sorta makes the case for keeping your pocket gun in a frigging pocket holster duzzint it? Ya know, those pocket holsters with the grip strip that keeps everything in place ... that cost between $5 and $15 ... just sayin'.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    :that:

Yeah, I second that! Hehehehe That wouldn't give me the warm and fuzzys if I dropped my kid off at school and he went in a class room next to a 1000 Gallon tank of flammable hydrocarbon, jus sayin'

Not that I'd worry about a projectile from a .380 penetrating it, but just knowing it was that close to the buildings. What a BOMB!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "Gun found and found on campus
    Parent dropped weapon found at Citrus school"

WTSP
    A gun was found by a parent and then accidentally discharged once by an employee at Rock Crusher Elementary. No one was injured.
    Crystal River, Florida -- "You don't think it's going to happen at an elementary school so it was a shock," said Stefanie Young, a parent at Rock Crusher Elementary School.

Parents are concerned after learning a loaded gun was found early Wednesday on the campus of Rock Crusher Elementary after a parent accidentally dropped the firearm, and did not know it happened.

Here's what the Citrus County Sheriff's Office says happened.
    A parent first spotted the weapon during morning YMCA drop-off and she notified staff. Then, a custodian secured the weapon thinking it was a pellet gun. He tried to unload the ammunition, and accidentally fired one round.

"He fired a shot, one shot into the ground," said Lindsay Blair, spokeswoman with the sheriff's office.
    Detectives checked surveillance video and checked the weapon's serial number, and determined it belong to Roy Caffera of Crystal River. He has a concealed carry permit and no criminal history, but did not realize his weapon accidentally fell out of his shorts through a torn pocket while walking his child into the before school care program. "

Lol @ droopy drawers.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    There was a lot of stupid to go around there..............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    The worker held it over a tall fence and pulled the trigger.............not the best way to determine if a gun (real or pellet) is loaded. If you don't know squat about guns, do an Eddie Eagle and don't touch it, get an "Adult"

Than God no children or anyone else were hurt.

It didn't mention the custodian doing that in the story, was that mentioned elsewhere?

The only actual danger to anybody was from the yo-yo pulling the trigger...everything else is merely imagined, potential danger.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin