Interesting hybrid 1911?

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 26,710 Senior Member
Playing around... Combination of the Colt Commander slide and the Detonics Combatmaster frame. I might have to play with this to see if it works because it it does I might have some ideas for further experiments or even a full custom.

101E5A6B-6625-479B-910B-769DD1870D99.jpg
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,152 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    This message has been deleted
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,365 Senior Member
    The mix master!. Kimber made a Custom Compact a while back. It was an officer sized frame with a commander slide and barrel. It looks very similar to the unholy Union you assembled there:tooth:. I owned one and loved it. It was my BUG when I was a police officer. Sadly it went down the road to pay for something during "the lean year".
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,365 Senior Member

For your viewing pleasure.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,311 Senior Member
    Detonics used to make a long slide/ compact frame version back in the early 80s I think. For IWB carry, it makes sense.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,082 Senior Member
    OSI1911A1p123_zpsff82e210.jpg

I carried one for many years as a Special Agent with AFOSI. Liked it a lot.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,992 Senior Member
    Since title is in the form of a question, I'll answer.

No.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,710 Senior Member
    OSI1911A1p123_zpsff82e210.jpg

I carried one for many years as a Special Agent with AFOSI. Liked it a lot.
    I was waiting for you to show me of those. That's actually where I got the idea remembering one of your old posts. I think I might take it to the range tomorrow to see if it'll function ok. The extra weight up front will probably make it behave rather nicely!

Actually what I'm thinking of doing at a later date is finding a micro 3" top and having it fitted to the Detonics frame. Then I would truly have the worlds smallest 1911 :tooth:
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Elk creek wrote: »
    For your viewing pleasure.
    The frame in the Detonics is actually smaller grip than the ULtraCarry frame.
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Thought maybe you were eyeballing one of the new polymer 1911s coming to market. ATI specifically uses the "Hybrid" moniker. EAA's got a more conservative looking model.

Your idea has merit, too.

:jester:
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,247 Senior Member
    Aww, you invented a CCO! That's cute.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Aww, you invented a CCO! That's cute.
    Nope, grip is shorter and I still want yours.
    article-2509087-14860554000005DC-974_306x423.jpg

You caaaaaaan't have it!!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    article-2509087-14860554000005DC-974_306x423.jpg

You caaaaaaan't have it!!
    Just like any hot chick saying no. It just starts the sales job and I'm always WELL above quota in all my objectives. :devil:
    Hey, if you think Roger Daltry is a hot chick, you got other issues more important!

NRA Endowment Member
    Hey, if you think Roger Daltry is a hot chick, you got other issues more important!
    I'm talking about you... :wink:
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,236 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm talking about you... :wink:

That still qualifies as having more important issues!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    That still qualifies as having more important issues!
    Have you seen Larry in skinny jeans. :love:
    Not since 1985...

NRA Endowment Member
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,992 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Have you seen Larry in skinny jeans. :love:

No.
    And I don't want to.
    Ever.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee