Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Donald Trump muses about Marco Rubio's eligibility to run for president

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Now this may have some merit.......Rubios parents came from Cuba and were not US Citizens when he was born here. So what exactly does "Natural Born" mean as it applies to the constitution and being the POTUS?

Seems like Obammy's sketchy history would have taken down a candidate if any of this Birther stuff could, but his mother was a US Citizen and some confusion of what the law was at the time.

Why can't these issues be answered early on before these folks get started in the race? Are we so low on potentials who can pass the litmus test that we have one or more run with this issue coming up every election?

Reminds me of an advanced planted sleeper conspiracy like The Manchurian Candidate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/22/donald-trump-muses-about-marco-rubios-eligibility-to-run-for-president.html?intcmp=hpbt3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«1

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Don't get me wrong, his parents were hard working Cuban immigrants unlike the scum they dumped on us in later years that were undesirables.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    It means Trump is lying if he says he isn't a politician. Think LBJ. "I have seen no evidence that my distinguished opponent is a homasexyul." :tooth:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It means Trump is lying if he says he isn't a politician. Think LBJ. "I have seen no evidence that my distinguished opponent is a homasexyul." :tooth:

    Who was he talking about?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Who was he talking about?


    It's just an old story about LBJ's first run for Congress - there are dozens of them - some may even be true. :jester:
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    The reason a "controversy" like this suddenly pops up now is because Trump sees Rubio as a threat. This is a completely fabricated line of crap on Trump's part. This is stupid. There is no merit to it at all. If his "smart people" are totally ignoring section 1 of the 14th Amendment, you better pray he doesn't put the same "smart people" in his cabinet or nominate them as Supreme Court justices because either they are cynically ignoring the Constitution to serve Trump's agenda, or they are ignorant of the Constitution completely.

    This is a prime example of why I find Trump dangerous. The Constitution is meaningless to him.

    14th Amendment says...
    Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think this question of eligibility was raised back when Barry Goldwater was running for president. He was born in Arizona territory, but it wasn't a state yet when he was born, so they said he wasn't natural born or born a US Citizen!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Goldwater was running against LBJ and moderates in his own party didn't like him. I remember that election, I was 11 years old, but I still remember what the older folks were saying fer some reason.. in my family............most of it wasn't pro LBJ, that's fer sure.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Use Anchor Babies as boat anchors :yikes:..............yep we are a mean uncaring lot :jester:


    I say give the mother and baby healthcare/protection and when able send them home.

    I agree with the Pope, we should build bridges that funnel all the illegals to border patrol checkpoints after the wall is completed. :applause:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Yep, much of Trump's campaign is targeted at 'drive-by voters.' It's why he does so well in rural areas. That doesn't mean that country folks are dumb - they just spend more time outdoors, instead of watching TV.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    Trump is best at cutting a big, old, greasy, smelly fart and walking away, leaving others to deal with it.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Trump is best at cutting a big, old, greasy, smelly fart and walking away, leaving others to deal with it.

    GREAT analogy! Drive by fart!!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Now did Rubio step in crap with his gang of 8 amnesty? Most certainly. He needs to be held to the fire for that. Everyone also needs to see Rubio's attacks on Cruz regarding immigration during the debates as dishonest. Everyone knows that Cruz's proposal was a poison pill. Rubio is acting like it wasn't.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,152 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It means Trump is lying if he says he isn't a politician. Think LBJ. "I have seen no evidence that my distinguished opponent is a homasexyul." :tooth:


    Exactly. "Hey, that unfounded attack worked on Cruz. Let's try it on the other Latino sounding candidate."
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    This. He doesn't actually believe he currently currently isn't eligible to be president, but he wants people to talk about the fact that his parents are Latino immigrants, and he wants people to think of him as an anchor baby. Lots of people who are potential Trump voters don't want illegal immigrants to be considered citizens. There is an active movement to eliminate birthright citizenship within the anti-illegal immigration crowd which is a major Trump support block.


    FIFY
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 316 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Yep, much of Trump's campaign is targeted at 'drive-by voters.' It's why he does so well in rural areas. That doesn't mean that country folks are dumb - they just spend more time outdoors, instead of watching TV.

    Do you ever think about the stuff you post? More TV time makes you smarter!
    I think your Trump hate has affected you, get back to your TV.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    john.41 wrote: »
    Do you ever think about the stuff you post? More TV time makes you smarter!
    I think your Trump hate has affected you, get back to your TV.

    Pot, meet kettle. As I recall, you posted the following.

    "How many of you Donald Trump haters secretly voted for Barrak Obama?

    Stand up in the back so I can get a good count..................yep just as I thought, the vast majority.

    And I guess you are quite happy with the course President Obama has set for our Nation and families into the future.

    Wake up America! I see Donald Trump as an alarm clock, and it is time to get up and get the steering wheel out of the hands of these PC whining Liberals and change the path we are headed down before it is too late.
    We are at the tipping point where working people are outnumbered by the government supported do nothings, luckily a lot of them don't vote, they just run their mouths.

    Flame on haters!"

    Maybe it's you who needs to think about the stuff you post? It might even help if you spend a little more time outdoors and away from the keyboard.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,664 Senior Member
    BAM!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • casinoroyalecasinoroyale Member Posts: 68 Member
    When Trump says "I don't know, but I think Cruz and Rubio might not be eligible to run...", the news talks about it for days. Trump isn't actually going to go to sue Cruz or Rubio, because he'd lose and he doesn't want to be seen as a loser. He's happy to just throw out an accusation and let the media talk about it for days. It's killing two birds with one stone - it plays well amongst more xenophobic individuals, and it lets Trump control the media cycle.

    I'm sure the GOP isn't happy about this, but Trump is just doing to other Republicans what they (and Trump, to be fair) did to Obama. It's kind of funny in that regard.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    When Trump says "I don't know, but I think Cruz and Rubio might not be eligible to run...", the news talks about it for days. Trump isn't actually going to go to sue Cruz or Rubio, because he'd lose and he doesn't want to be seen as a loser. He's happy to just throw out an accusation and let the media talk about it for days. It's killing two birds with one stone - it plays well amongst more xenophobic individuals, and it lets Trump control the media cycle.

    I'm sure the GOP isn't happy about this, but Trump is just doing to other Republicans what they (and Trump, to be fair) did to Obama. It's kind of funny in that regard.

    AKA a Trump stink bomb.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Maybe it's you who needs to think about the stuff you post? It might even help if you spend a little more time outdoors and away from the keyboard.

    If you look at post count he don't spend a lot of time at the keyboard.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    This. He doesn't actually believe he currently currently isn't eligible to be president, but he wants people to talk about the fact that his parents are Latino immigrants, and he wants people to think of him as an anchor baby. Lots of people who are potential Trump voters don't want people like Rubio, children of non-citizens, to be considered citizens either. There is an active movement to eliminate birthright citizenship within the anti-immigration crowd which is a major Trump support block.

    Bingo.

    I still think it's a mistake though. Why potentially alienate reliable GOP voters like Cubans, especially ahead of Florida? One of his first major F' ups, IMO.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If you look at post count he don't spend a lot of time at the keyboard.

    And your point is?

    It's a lot more about quality of posts than quantity.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It means Trump is lying if he says he isn't a politician. Think LBJ. "I have seen no evidence that my distinguished opponent is a homasexyul." :tooth:

    He's also quoted, and recorded, as saying he'd have "those n-words voting Democrat for years".

    He was a piece of .
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    The reason a "controversy" like this suddenly pops up now is because Trump sees Rubio as a threat. This is a completely fabricated line of crap on Trump's part. This is stupid. There is no merit to it at all. If his "smart people" are totally ignoring section 1 of the 14th Amendment, you better pray he doesn't put the same "smart people" in his cabinet or nominate them as Supreme Court justices because either they are cynically ignoring the Constitution to serve Trump's agenda, or they are ignorant of the Constitution completely.

    This is a prime example of why I find Trump dangerous. The Constitution is meaningless to him.

    14th Amendment says...

    NO man, Trump is only blowing smoke. He isn't concerned whether what he's saying is correct according to the law. He knows that the masses got no clue. and if truth be known he isn't sure himself. He"s just trying to worry the Rubio crowd.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If you look at post count he don't spend a lot of time at the keyboard.

    It's hard to get a big post count typing with one hand!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    NO man, Trump is only blowing smoke. He isn't concerned whether what he's saying is correct according to the law. He knows that the masses got no clue. and if truth be known he isn't sure himself. He"s just trying to worry the Rubio crowd.
    So he thinks we are idiots? His strategy to win is based on us being idiots. That actually makes sense. That does explain his success.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    john.41 wrote: »
    Do you ever think about the stuff you post? More TV time makes you smarter!
    I think your Trump hate has affected you, get back to your TV.

    I don't hate Trump. If I actually believed any of his BS, I might even support him. The problem is that his rhetoric turns people like you into giggling groupies, and I've already been enduring the results of that phenomenon since 2008, and don't know if the Constitution can survive another one. People with your mentality want a king who does whatever the hell he wants and then tells you that you like it. You are probably too clueless to even have 'buyers remorse,' after you find out Trump is a bigger liar than Obama.
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 316 Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Pot, meet kettle. As I recall, you posted the following.

    "How many of you Donald Trump haters secretly voted for Barrak Obama?

    Stand up in the back so I can get a good count..................yep just as I thought, the vast majority.

    And I guess you are quite happy with the course President Obama has set for our Nation and families into the future.

    Wake up America! I see Donald Trump as an alarm clock, and it is time to get up and get the steering wheel out of the hands of these PC whining Liberals and change the path we are headed down before it is too late.
    We are at the tipping point where working people are outnumbered by the government supported do nothings, luckily a lot of them don't vote, they just run their mouths.

    Flame on haters!"

    What does that post have to do with TV time making people smarter? If that was true, we could do away with all the teachers, schools, and universities. Just think of the savings!

    I guess it is the first half of the quoted post that bothers you, maybe no one here voted for the President. Oh yea.....just that one guy. How about the last half? I missed the disagreements with that.
    Well, gotta go to work now I'm not on the government dole.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    john.41 wrote: »
    What does that post have to do with TV time making people smarter? If that was true, we could do away with all the teachers, schools, and universities. Just think of the savings!

    I guess it is the first half of the quoted post that bothers you, maybe no one here voted for the President. Oh yea.....just that one guy. How about the last half? I missed the disagreements with that.
    Well, gotta go to work now I'm not on the government dole.

    Trump is as pro big government as anybody out there. The fact you fanboys don't recognize that would concern me, if it wasn't so amusing.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    john.41 wrote: »
    What does that post have to do with TV time making people smarter? If that was true, we could do away with all the teachers, schools, and universities. Just think of the savings!

    I guess it is the first half of the quoted post that bothers you, maybe no one here voted for the President. Oh yea.....just that one guy. How about the last half? I missed the disagreements with that.
    Well, gotta go to work now I'm not on the government dole.

    The point I was making is you need to think about what you post before your fingers touch the keyboard. I just used your own words to drive that point home.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement