Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Would you vote for Trump if he ran as an independent?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,930 Senior Member
It would almost surely mean that election would go to Hillary.

There's no way I would, regardless of who the repubs ran.

Are there some conditions that would sway you to vote for Trump as an independent?
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Trump is pulling in a lot of Democrats right now. Republicans tend to be loyal to their party. If he bolts and makes it a 3 way race, I think he would lose the general election.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,397 Senior Member
    I'm not sure I would vote for him as the Republican nominee.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,930 Senior Member

:that:
    Jerry

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,147 Senior Member

Agreed
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    No.
    But as it appears right now, and before the Super-Tuesday election, the nomination is Trump's to lose. And I like that. A lot.

T R U M P
    Getting the lion's share of Democratic crossovers too.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member

Then you and others that feel this way want the Democrat candidate to win? That makes a lot of sense. :roll:
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Then you and others that feel this way want the Democrat candidate to win? That makes a lot of sense. :roll:

I'm not sure when the last time was that I actually voted for someone. Maybe Reagan. Since then, or earlier, I've voted for the lesser of two evils, and look where we are.

I know what we'll get with Hillary. I don't know what we'll get with Trump, and that scares me.

A lot.
    Jerry

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    I wouldn't vote for Donald if he paid me cash, independent or otherwise. If he is the Republican nominee, I will vote third party. If he is independentI'll still tell him to pound sand. I would literally vote for myself as a write-in candidate before I would consider Donald.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    We've been over that statement with your vote BS
    your educated do what you must, but, if too many do that we will have
    a Democrat elected and it might be Pants Suit.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    It would almost surely mean that election would go to Hillary.

There's no way I would, regardless of who the repubs ran.

Hell NO! NO Way, I'm not voting for any third party anything. Third party players have a zero percent track record and if Teddy Roosevelt couldn't pull it off, nobody can. Anybody does vote third party in my opinion is insane or really a sleeper Dummycrap. And I'm not staying home either. We may lose and lose big as in all of our constitutional rights and this country may crash and burn, but I assure you, it won't be because yours truly let the Dummycraps have the election without a fight. Albino, RINO, Anyoh, I'm voting for the Republican on the Ticket. Because as Big Chief and I have both said til we're purple in the face, anything that vaguely resembles a Republican is a hell of a lot better than ANY DUMMYCRAP! If we let a Democrat in the White House this time, I'm afraid we're doomed. The SCOTUS Pick will be a Far Left Libtard and we won't see a favorable gun decision on any case having to do with the 2A in any of our life times. People, this hard headed crap is INSANE!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    NN wrote: »
    We've been over that statement with your vote BS
    your educated do what you must, but, if too many do that we will have
    a Democrat elected and it might be Pants Suit.

A wise man once said be careful what you wish for. Sometimes the only thing worse than NOT getting you want is GETTING what you want.
    Jerry

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Third party/independent/whatever...just going to split the vote and give the Ds the white house (I can not presently capitalize due to the filth residing there).

I will need a clothes pin IF Don gets the nod.

Sad day when we have these five folks topping our election process.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
    One more point. Remember when George W. was going to appoint his friend or legal aid whatever to the SCOTUS (I think her name was Harriet Meyers or some such), and remember what happened? She may have ended up being a good pick but we'll never know because she was an unknown entity, and the Republican party wasn't sure about her, and they raised a hissy and held his feet to the fire. I remember even Rush Limbaugh was beside himself over it. And Bush backed down and appointed I think Sam Alito an known entity, who turned out to be an excellent pick.

This is what I mean when I say if we have a Republican, even a RINO, we can hold his Feet to the Fire! I think some people are getting Presidents mixed up with Legislators. Legislators are the ones that interact more with lobbyists and vote to fatten their pocket book. Presidents don't have that kind of leeway usually because they're right their under the microscope 24-7. There's 535 legislators and only one president so it's easier to keep tabs on him.

But if that would have been a DUMMYCRAP, we would have been screwed a long time back. Trump isn't my favorite, He runs his mouth and doesn't state how he's going to pull off any of these miracles he claims to be able to do. Cruz is too religious for some of you, Bush was too much a RINO, So is Kasich, Carson's too mild mannered, and Rubio is too wet behind the ears yet. What the hell do ya want? All you got left is Hillary or Bernie. Get real! Or One of them will be king before long and your guns will go Bye Bye!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I look at it this way. Trump supporters seem to want a Democrat to win. That is the only way it makes sense to me why they would want to willfully ignore otherwise loyal Republican voters that are very dead set against him. While Trump is winning at the moment, everyone that will vote for Trump is voting for him. The anti-Trump vote, that hasn't been realized yet because the race is still too wide, exceeds the pro-Trump vote.
    -Thomas Paine
    This has been going on for a long time. In head to head matchups, Clinton has been consistently beating Trump. Rubio is showing as winning, so does Cruz (by just a little) and Kasich...
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

So yea, let's go for the guy that is steadily losing to Clinton and point our fingers at everyone else saying they want a Democrat in the White House. Brilliant!
    -Thomas Paine
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I look at it this way. Trump supporters seem to want a Democrat to win. That is the only way it makes sense to me why they would want to willfully ignore otherwise loyal Republican voters that are very dead set against him. While Trump is winning at the moment, everyone that will vote for Trump is voting for him. The anti-Trump vote, that hasn't been realized yet because the race is still too wide, exceeds the pro-Trump vote.

You may end up being right. But that still doesn't warrant voting for a no way Joe Turd Party. That has never worked and I am not up to finding out if it will this time.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    I don't see how Trump can be worse than any of the other lying politicians. Politicians have been a huge disappointment maybe a business man would be better choice. Not sure how I'm going to go yet but this circus is shameful.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    This has been going on for a long time. In head to head matchups, Clinton has been consistently beating Trump. Rubio is showing as winning, so does Cruz (by just a little) and Kasich...
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

So yea, let's go for the guy that is steadily losing to Clinton and point our fingers at everyone else saying they want a Democrat in the White House. Brilliant!

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said vote for Trump in the Primary. I have consistently said vote your heart in the Primaries. Trump will only get my vote as a last resort, but if it comes down to it, he will get my vote. Because if it ends up Trump against Hitlery, or even Bernie, Trump will get my vote. That's all. But that's in the General Election when it's finally down to the Nut Cutting!
    Buford wrote: »
    I don't see how Trump can be worse than any of the other lying politicians.
    Look at the Weimar Republic and what happened to it once they elected a "strong leader" who's goal was to make Germany great again.
    -Thomas Paine
    snake284 wrote: »
    Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said vote for Trump in the Primary. I have consistently said vote your heart in the Primaries. Trump will only get my vote as a last resort, but if it comes down to it, he will get my vote. Because if it ends up Trump against Hitlery, or even Bernie, Trump will get my vote. That's all. But that's in the General Election when it's finally down to the Nut Cutting!
    I wasn't referring to you.
    -Thomas Paine
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I will not vote for Trump regardless. I must be insane, or a closet dummycrap I guess.
    Trump is used to getting his way. He's a loud mouth. He has no respect for his fellow Repub Competitors. I am with everybody on this. BUT! Trump has the drive to get stuff done. He won't be the one to figure it all out, but he knows how to pick winners, He will delegate to those who will best get the technical parts done. He is like a CEO. I've been around a couple of those and they are delegators from hell. CEOS don't handle all the technical issues personally, they delegate that to those they feel can do it best. That's what I see in Trump. As I've said, he didn't just fall off the turnip truck and he has done some things very right to make money like he has. I also think the other Repub candidates can get things done, but maybe with a different management style. They all have their different talents for getting things done. And I feel anyone of them will do us a good job. Or at least they won't kill the golden goose.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,397 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »

Well, there is spit worth of difference between their history in what they support. Hill and Bern at least know that there is a constitution. Hill would get push back from the R side and D's that want to keep their seats. Bern would get nowhere because he is a lunatic lefty independent so no party backing. With a D in the odds historically are in our favor of retaining and gaining seats in the house and senate. If the senate has a spine between them, they should get a centered nominee to SCOTUS.

With a buffoon progressive R in, he will get backed by the D's and the R's. He is a deal maker by his own admission. Carter called him "malleable", theres a ringing endorsment. Anything he screws up will be blamed on the republicans, think anything dealing with a foreign country, finance, or based on the constitution... FOREVER. The Dems will get what they want because he has ALWAYS (repeat) ALWAYS acted (not spoken like) a progressive Dem except when it was good for his personal bottom line.

So if it comes down the the clown or a Dem, I aint leaning clown at this point. More downside in the long run.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    No. I'd vote for Cruz.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Look at the Weimar Republic and what happened to it once they elected a "strong leader" who's goal was to make Germany great again.

Germany was defeated in WWI and unrealistic war reparations were levied against them, mostly pushed by France and England. Blackjack Pershing said we should have kept going deep into Germany because they will never accept the fact they lost the war.

Comparing Trump to Hitler who took over power in 1933 is not a good analogy, to me anyway.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    While I agree that Germany was set up for failure at the conclusion of WWI which did pave the way for the rise of Hitler, Trump has been setting off warning bells in my head ever since I realized he was serious as a candidate this time. I hope I don't have to find out. And if I have to find out, I hope I am wrong.
    -Thomas Paine
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    No. I'd vote for Cruz.

Well hell yeah, I think most here would vote for Cruz. But what happens in the General Election if Cruz isn't there? What you gonna do then? That's the big question here /
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Some of his mannerisms/gestures do remind me of Mussolini from old films that show him making a remark and then he turns his head and waits for a response/reaction/lets it sink in a moment, then replies .......not that that observation changes my support for him one bit......lots of leaders...........good and bad..........know how to captivate an audience or, at least, keep their attention.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!