Sig Sauer Elite Performance Pistol Ammunition... tried it?

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 17,565 Senior Member
I've seen it mentioned on a couple of the "shooting" shows and seen ads for it in a few "gun rags", I was just wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with it???
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,152 Senior Member
    I have not seen it available locally yet.
    This message has been deleted
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,026 Senior Member
    I want to, but haven't got around to it yet.

1-9mm124JHPE9MMA2Sig-20-2.jpg

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,565 Senior Member
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,245 Senior Member
    There is a new high tech type range that just opened not to far from work that is a Sig Elite Dealer and they have the separate Sig area with quite a bit of that stuff. I looked a little but my bologna budget don't go far with the filet mignon pricing. I wonder who is producing it ... their own in house group or contracted out?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,208 Senior Member
    Friend of mine has tested the 9mm FMJ rounds in his Sig P228 and says it works fine; other friends have used .380ACP FMJ (Most in Glock 25s) and report no issues and good accuracy, but nothing better than Winchester rounds or such.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,710 Senior Member
    Got a box, it goes bang :zzzz:

Doesnt seem to be taking the world by storm, it's on sale all over the place pretty cheap. Might buy some just based on pricing for SD ammo.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,205 Senior Member
    I know someone who bought a couple boxes of .380 for plinking, he said it worked fine and seemed accurate. Don't know about expansion.

Another ammo out, Ruger has put their name on a polymer bullet with those twisty groves on it. I saw some yesterday, 80 gr 9mm, 1435 fps. Looked hookie.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician