Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Enough from the "Entitled Leaches"!

12346»

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    You want Uncle to buy your groceries and pay your rent? Grab a ing broom. When you're done with that, empty the trash. No more freebies. Workfare, not welfare.

My grandfather tried to hire some of those "starving" people back in the depression when he needed coal unloaded from rail cars so he could sell it. He offered twice the daily "minimum wage" that WPA workers got. He got very few takers, because even hungry people can be too lazy to do an honest day's work. My grandmother would buy a 15 cent pack of cigarettes and sell them for a penny apiece to their workers who didn't think they could afford to buy a full pack. Nicotine was the addictive drug of choice for a lot of stupid people back then, just like today.
    Jerry
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    You might have missed a few. I have friends that have come up in the high 60s when they ran the numbers. The property taxes on my old house in NY were a healthy 5 figures by themselves...

True, but this is Florida... No state income tax (yet).

Luis

ps. Our property tax is only ~$700/ yr. :tooth:
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    My grandfather tried to hire some of those "starving" people back in the depression when he needed coal unloaded from rail cars so he could sell it. He offered twice the daily "minimum wage" that WPA workers got. He got very few takers, because even hungry people can be too lazy to do an honest day's work. My grandmother would buy a 15 cent pack of cigarettes and sell them for a penny apiece to their workers who didn't think they could afford to buy a full pack. Nicotine was the addictive drug of choice for a lot of stupid people back then, just like today.
    Jerry

Today, it's not just the nicotine and is not just drugs. Govco has got plenty of folks by the short and curlys and most of those folks are just as hooked as the average tweeker.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin