Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

VA comes around

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,730 Senior Member
Looks like VA Gov Terry McCaulif finally got some sense and rescinded the VA attorney general's rule that negated reciprocity with other licenses from other states. The NRA supported this settlement, and I don't know the details, but one rule is that anyone with a current Protective Order isn't allowed to carry a gun. I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember them. They seem to make sense and I got no problem with that.

So the dumbass Attny Gen flew a kite that was vastly unpopular and I hope a number of people learned a political lesson.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Look for the hook, in anything McAuliffe gives to the opposition. His MO as DNC chairman was to do something to outrage opponents, then walk it back to whatever he wanted, to begin with. He is an evil SOB.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I have not fully read everything but the order ending reciprocity was set to go in to effect March 1, 2016 and this new bill is effective July 1, 2016 ... it may be 4 months (March, April, May and June) where my CHP is not valid in VA. Depends on what stop gap order(s) were issued.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    I have not fully read everything but the order ending reciprocity was set to go in to effect March 1, 2016 and this new bill is effective July 1, 2016 ... it may be 4 months (March, April, May and June) where my CHP is not valid in VA. Depends on what stop gap order(s) were issued.
    That sucks. I'll be up near Johnson City NC after the SE Shoot riding motorcycles with a friend, and one of the routes I have planned leads us into VA, so I'll have to stash my CCW into the saddlebags when I get near the state line.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!