Home Main Category General Firearms

Speaking of Triggers

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
I installed my Hiperfire 24C into my 15-22 today. Let's just say I'm impressed. ZERO pretravel, 2 1/2 lb pull, ZERO overtravel. I would bet the total travel is slightly over 1/8". Haven't shot it yet but it's supposed to be the fastest resetting trigger on the market. I've shot RRs and Giessles before and while nice triggers, I don't think they stand up to Hiperfire. Add the fact that even with such a light pull, they actually increase the hammer force over stock mil-spec triggers. It has 2 additional springs that determine trigger weight and when released, add to the hammer force. Pretty cool design. I may have to get another one or two.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Well y'all may not have anything to say about it but I'll tell you what, that trigger is everything I've heard and more. After a couple of test shots, I did a mag dump of about 20 rds and the rangemaster came outside thinking I had an automatic. No lie. I than started sighting in my new c-more red dot on it and that too impressed me. I zeroed at about 20 yds, about the max we shoot speed compititions, It is very bright in sunlight and easy to aquire. I'm going to kick some ass this yr.

Now to build my 22/45 lite, got all the parts and another c-more for it. 4 months til the state match, 8 til the worlds. Gonna be a good summer

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,808 Senior Member
    Glad you like it. I have an unfired 15-22 sitting in the safe that was an impulse buy. I'm debating between dumping it or hot-rodding it. Tough choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,133 Senior Member
    That must be one heck of a trigger. Must say the $$$$$ price tag would make me hesitate. Different thought point for a competitive shooter i guess.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Yes. I like the shoe. It kind of makes you be consistent in you finger placement and is wide so you get more feeling.

I will be bringing it to Jerry's Chris.

Diver, no more expensive than a timiney or geissle. They do have one more expensive, same design, better materials I think.

Gonna try and time myself this weekend, I've done 6 rds, same target in like 1.5 seconds, pretty sure I can get close to 1. Seen good shooters do it under one. Something to try for.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,133 Senior Member
    I would like to give that a try at Jerry's.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5