Home Main Category Personal Defense

Escaped capital murder suspect makes a mistake

MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior MemberRidgeland, MSPosts: 819 Senior Member
Synopsis: A murder suspect escapes from prison on March 2 by overpowering a guard and taking his uniform. Then this morning, he accosts a man in Vicksburg getting into his car, takes him back in the house, ties him and his wife up, and stabs him. The homeowner manages to free himself and his wife, and then (I love this part.....) they BOTH ventilate the escapee, who is now room temperature. :iwo:
Thankfully, the man only had minor injuries, while his wife and child were unharmed.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/31435693/escaped-inmate-rafael-mccloud-shot-to-death-by-homeowner?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&utm_content=buffer3bf98&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Replies

  • miketxmiketx Member Posts: 47 Member
    Synopsis: A murder suspect escapes from prison on March 2 by overpowering a guard and taking his uniform. Then this morning, he accosts a man in Vicksburg getting into his car, takes him back in the house, ties him and his wife up, and stabs him. The homeowner manages to free himself and his wife, and then (I love this part.....) they BOTH ventilate the escapee, who is now room temperature. :iwo:
    Thankfully, the man only had minor injuries, while his wife and child were unharmed.

    http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/31435693/escaped-inmate-rafael-mccloud-shot-to-death-by-homeowner?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&utm_content=buffer3bf98&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

    If people working in prison would follow policy, escapes would be rare indeed.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    The homeowner should get a sizable reward. After all, he just saved the taxpayers MILLIONS.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Ridgeland, MSPosts: 819 Senior Member
    Exactly what I was thinking. You can't get much more specific information than "He's dead on my living room floor. Y'all come get him before he ruins the carpet in the den, too."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Excellent.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Exactly what I was thinking. You can't get much more specific information than "He's dead on my living room floor. Y'all come get him before he ruins the carpet in the den, too."

    Prison should pay for the hospital bills, cleanup, and a little extra thrown in for saving them the bed space
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Agree with all above. The scum bag was wasting good air. These people should get a very nice reward. The prison should pay for the carpet cleaning, and they should give the couple some compensation for their mental anguish andxinjuries. And they should set them up with an annuity for life for saving the state and tax payers money.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Well, with my medical background, I'm not allowed to pronounce someone "dead" except for a few specific situations.

    "Officer we were shooting to stop him from hurting us, sucks for him that he died" :devil:
    :rotflmao:

    Oh anybody can pronounce somebody dead! May not be official, but people get the idy. I know because I saw the Late Great Richard Pryor do it. He said and I quote, "Da M....%#&@ Dade!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Agree with all above. The scum bag was wasting good air. These people should get a very nice reward. The prison should pay for the carpet cleaning, and they should give the couple some compensation for their mental anguish andxinjuries. And they should set them up with an annuity for life for saving the state and tax payers money.

    At least reimburse them for the ammo expended!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Oh anybody can pronounce somebody dead! May not be official, but people get the idy. I know because I saw the Late Great Richard Pryor do it. He said and I quote, "Da M....%#&@ Dade!"

    I pronounced em dead in the E.R. often enough, time of death, 1800 hrs, pupils fixed and dialated, discontinue resuscitation.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    As I worked as an EMT, we couldn't pronounce anyone dead. Had to be done by a MD. Although that's a moot point. Nor if we started resuscitation, could we stop resuscitation unless ordered by an MD. (Or a coroner.)
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member ArizonaPosts: 362 Member
    If people working in prison would follow policy, escapes would be rare indeed.
    Yes. I know of one who put on a white lab coat over prison orange and walked out Main Gate with a handmade fake ID. Main Gate officer never questioned him. If policies and procedures are followed, and maintenance gets things repaired fast, (see how many ignored maintenance issues helped the Kingman escape a few years ago), plus the money to keep us staffed AND repaired, yep, escapes would be rare indeed. Sometimes it's Admin, like the one where a single officer was sent on a hospital escort, IM in a wheelchair. Turns out he'd been faking it for 3 years, overpowered the officer and killed him with his issued sidearm. The escapee was then captured by, no kidding, a fast food restaurant manager.
    You certainly could sue the system for the escape, but good luck on that one - don't forget the huge number of private prisons around now, with closed books and no oversight, (like Kingman), that are in the business of inmates for profit. The LOVE cutting corners in the name of profit.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Colorado!Posts: 7,699 Senior Member
    Yep being in prison sucks doesn't matter if you wear orange or blue, either way your still locked up.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member ArizonaPosts: 362 Member
    Doin' 25 years, 8 hours at a time. :wink:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Armoredman wrote: »
    Doin' 25 years, 8 hours at a time. :wink:

    Always hated prisons and having to surrender my sidearm and shield / ID etc... getting out again, priceless.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • miketxmiketx Member Posts: 47 Member
    Armoredman wrote: »
    Yes. I know of one who put on a white lab coat over prison orange and walked out Main Gate with a handmade fake ID. Main Gate officer never questioned him. If policies and procedures are followed, and maintenance gets things repaired fast, (see how many ignored maintenance issues helped the Kingman escape a few years ago), plus the money to keep us staffed AND repaired, yep, escapes would be rare indeed. Sometimes it's Admin, like the one where a single officer was sent on a hospital escort, IM in a wheelchair. Turns out he'd been faking it for 3 years, overpowered the officer and killed him with his issued sidearm. The escapee was then captured by, no kidding, a fast food restaurant manager.
    You certainly could sue the system for the escape, but good luck on that one - don't forget the huge number of private prisons around now, with closed books and no oversight, (like Kingman), that are in the business of inmates for profit. The LOVE cutting corners in the name of profit.

    You are correct. We had one turd letting the con call his family from the hospital room. They would always tell us "security comes first" but in reality the whims of the LT or Sgt. comes first. Funniest day I recall, I was the seg officer and policy stated NO offender was to be allowed out of a cell with being cuffed. We had a SGT that always ignored things like this. One day he went in (I was off) opened up a cell without restraining the con, and BLAM! Got his butt whipped. One stupid sob, because that was the second time that had happened to him and he still wasn't fired.
  • miketxmiketx Member Posts: 47 Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Always hated prisons and having to surrender my sidearm and shield / ID etc... getting out again, priceless.

    I understand, but a large number of cons could easily over power you.
  • Captain OCaptain O Banned Northwest OregonPosts: 22 New Member
    Another s#** stain bites the dust...I love a happy ending!
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Don't know the story yet, but, our EMS pronounced someone DOA today.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Captain O wrote: »
    Another s#** stain bites the dust...I love a happy ending!

    Welcome aboard.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    As I worked as an EMT, we couldn't pronounce anyone dead. Had to be done by a MD. Although that's a moot point. Nor if we started resuscitation, could we stop resuscitation unless ordered by an MD. (Or a coroner.)

    Yeah, but after about 20-30 minutes even two people can get pretty winded, so what if you get real slow? hehehe! Like I said just whisper out the side of ya mouth "In my opinion, Da boy be dade!!!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    miketx wrote: »
    If people working in prison would follow policy, escapes would be rare indeed.

    Yeah, like that ding bat woman in the prison in New York that was having an affair with one of the scumbags and furnished them with stuff to make their escape. They need to lock that ugly &$%^@ up and throw away the key. Too bad that one died because making woopie with her shoulda been punishment enough for anybody.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    As I worked as an EMT, we couldn't pronounce anyone dead. Had to be done by a MD. Although that's a moot point. Nor if we started resuscitation, could we stop resuscitation unless ordered by an MD. (Or a coroner.)


    I made the mistake of calling someone on the radio once. The medic arrived and said that couldn't be done unless a strip was ran. Our reply, sure, we will round up all the pieces for you.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • miketxmiketx Member Posts: 47 Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah, like that ding bat woman in the prison in New York that was having an affair with one of the scumbags and furnished them with stuff to make their escape. They need to lock that ugly &$%^@ up and throw away the key. Too bad that one died because making woopie with her shoulda been punishment enough for anybody.

    Where I worked we had women that would get it on with the convicts. Most of them were older. I can't understand how a 50+ something fat woman can swoon all over herself when a convict tells her how good looking she is. I mean she looks in the mirror right?
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    miketx wrote: »
    Where I worked we had women that would get it on with the convicts. Most of them were older. I can't understand how a 50+ something fat woman can swoon all over herself when a convict tells her how good looking she is. I mean she looks in the mirror right?


    Yep. It's pretty amazing, the things people can convince themselves of.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • miketxmiketx Member Posts: 47 Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Yep. It's pretty amazing, the things people can convince themselves of.

    It most certainly is.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Swamps of south FloridaPosts: 863 Senior Member
    Instant rehabilitation, 100% fan of it
    Grumpy old gearhead
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement