Full size M&P .40

MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior MemberPosts: 819 Senior Member
Does anybody here carry one of these concealed? Is it difficult to keep from printing too much? How do you carry it: appendix, 4 o'clock, etc? And what kind of holster do you like?
I've got one, and I'm going to get my CCW soon (I keep saying that, but haven't yet....but soon). I'm probably going to get a Shield later, but wanted to see if anyone else carried the full size M&P and how well that worked for you.
Thanks.

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,260 Senior Member
    They do make a 4" M&P as well as the 5".
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • GrizzzGrizzz New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anybody here carry one of these concealed? Is it difficult to keep from printing too much? How do you carry it: appendix, 4 o'clock, etc? And what kind of holster do you like?
    I've got one, and I'm going to get my CCW soon (I keep saying that, but haven't yet....but soon). I'm probably going to get a Shield later, but wanted to see if anyone else carried the full size M&P and how well that worked for you.
    Thanks.

I've tried them all seems like, have a whole box full of different styles & i like a soft shoulder holster the best .
    Ride Hard, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth !! =Cooper=
    Speak Softly & Carry a Big Stick !! =Roosevelt=
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    I've CC'd both a 5" 1911 and a fullsize M&P 9 with no issue using a IWB holster and a button down shirt untucked.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    I've CC'd both a 5" 1911 and a fullsize M&P 9 with no issue using a IWB holster and a button down shirt untucked.

Do you know or remember what kind of holster you used IWB? There's only about a million choices out there that I've been looking through....
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Take a look at Comp-Tac's products. I use their Gladiator to carry both my full size M&P45 and my M&P9c. Conceals well and very comfortable.

http://www.comp-tac.com/outside-the-waistband/gladiator-holster-10220
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Thanks.

Don't give too much thought to printing issues, so far I carry a Glock 17, and as much as I print, I have not had any problems, I wear a cover garment and I am good to go.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • GnhntnGnhntn New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    I carry at about the 3:30 to 4:00 position in a Bianchi holster with thumb break. To conceal I wear an untucked polo shirt over it, just get them in the tall sizes and should be good to go. Attached is a link to the holster I use, which even takes into consideration the thumb safety that mine has.

http://www.amazon.com/Bianchi-Serpent-Holster-Fits-Government/dp/B005PST1PC