Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

America Fell a Little...

2

Replies

  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's about the only example I can think of that would be of benefit. Anything else? Nope.


    Don't be so quick to dismiss the scope of military materials. Even on a small scale, contracts making, doing things for, and selling supplies to the military can be very profitable. Much more than selling Chinese socks to Wal-Mart.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    it would make us look like loosers.


    You're absolutely correct. It would loosly make us look like losers.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Yep Wambli, Gov Kasich was just on Neil Cavuto and said he visited a shut down auto facility the Chinese just bought and invested 500 mill in.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I for one would love to see the US get closer to a trade balance again and I think Trump is suggesting that we head in that direction. 1975 is the last time the US had a trade surplus.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It will not be a global trade war, that is nonsense, a scare tactic and Trump knows that better than those politicians. It will be SMART TRADE we/they will get a fair shake from. Those who have lopsided deals now won't like it, but will have to play the new game of FAIR TRADE.

    I have taken some contracting classes as it pertains to the GOVT letting and types of contracts and it is more sophisticated than many think to use the criteria they must follow. The Best Value may not be the best price as you follow the acquisition and logistic life cycle process from cradle to grave in concept/design/prototype/test/engineering/procurement/ fielding/maintaining using the many metrics involved. I have a chart someplace about 3 feet wide and deep filled with the Life Cycle Logistics steps/milestones/processes and it will make your head swim.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Wow how capitalist of him. You are a business owner, do you take the all profits of your business ventures and then divide them equally amongst all your employees? Just curious...

    Trump has created a butt load of millionaires and high middle class folks in his lifetime. Has he screwed a few? You betcha. The only interest of a CEO is to create value to his stockholders. WE are the stockholders of the USA corporation. And this corporation has been bleeding red for a long time. That is a concept you should understand well. The ONLY thing that is of value to me is for someone to make this country profitable again...
    My point is that Trump has been and always will be about looking out for Trump. I am far from convinced that he has our citizen's best interests in mind. Trump is a narcissist. The problem with narcissists is that they do not understand how anyone feels except their own selves.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And Jerm, please you are way smarter than just trying to quote the oppositions meaningless bullet points. Bankruptcy is just a business tool to either stay in business by reorganizing debt or shutting down in an orderly manner. The USA does not NEED to go bankrupt but I can tell you that if we have anyone but a real business mind in the White House for the foreseeable future Greece will look like Disneyworld compared to what will happen here in the USA...
    I am one hell of a lot smarter than to buy your line that bankruptcy is a "business tool to either stay in business by reorganizing debt or shutting down in an orderly manner." Yes, it is a tool used for those purposes but that tool is only used for failing businesses. You are only telling half the story.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    It is HIGH time we have a real business negotiator working the system. That way we won't start with "America bend over and take it" before we even sit at the table. Kerry had never negotiated the lease for a bubble gum store and he is now in charge of global deals?!?!?! And before that we had Hillary?!?!?!?!?

    Aid to foreign nations that are our avowed enemies? Aid flowing out of this country before OUR people, military etc are taken care off? Want to funds SS forever? How about stop sending billions to Cuba, North Korea, MEXICO... How about stopping the bleeding of billions of dollars being sent out of this country by illegals every year via Western Union?
    I actually agree with all of this. 100%. I am actually glad that Trump is raising these issues. I am not convinced that Trump is the solution though.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    His Ohio speech was/is pretty good on TV .......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    ...[blah, blah, blah]...Now, more than ever, we can see why a stake must be driven through the heart of political correctness, why the press must be crushed by the voters ignoring it and it's deliberate deceptions. This election isn't just about political office, it's about salvaging what's left of our culture and national sanity, and restoring truth to our national discourses.

    The media that he rails against is doing everything in it's power to nominate him, so that they can destroy him in the general election. They give him free air time that is worth hundreds of million dollars that can never be matched by the expensive ads they sell to the PACs that are trying to take him down. That will change, soon.

    If he succeeds in winning over enough Democrats and Independents to overwhelm his Republican opponents, you will see a stark difference in the way he is covered. He will become 'Trumpy, the orange clown,' in everything from SNL skits to youtube over-dubs, that will become more popular than the hilarious Hitler over-dubs of a couple years ago. Hollywood will probably make a Michael Moore/Oliver Stone type movie that portrays him as a complete loon. Frivolous lawsuits against him will abound, with dozens of pitiful victims testifying tearfully on national TV. Moveon.org will infiltrate political bomb-throwers into every forum on the Internet, and flash mobs will suddenly appear everywhere he does.

    Anyone who was around to witness the leftist initiated protests leading up to the 1968 election will recognize what they see.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Trump Train ...........jump on board :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Ok he's a narcissist, how does that make him a potential bad president? I weigh that against all the potential positives and quite frankly I'm ok if he kisses himself in the mirror every morning. Hell I do...
    I think that just about anyone has to be at least somewhat of a narcissist to run for president so Trump isn't the only one-- they all are, but Trump seems to be by far the worst. I am not using the term lightly either. I mean genuine narcissistic personality disorder. A true narcissist does not empathize with other people. I do not think he is actually capable of truly understanding our problems and because he can't understand, he can't act on them appropriately. Electing him as president would only fuel his narcissism even more.

    More on narcissistic personality disorder....
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Here is the list of reasons the organizers put out against Trump....

    The Facebook page is here...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1060752830629598/
    Reasons for protesting:
    -Trump has called for the complete and total shutdown of all Muslims entering the United States. He has claimed that Islam and Muslims are hateful and terrorists and must be barred entrance until he decides otherwise.
    -Trump has generalized the entire Mexican immigrant community as criminals and rapists. He calls for the mass deportation of 11 million adults and children alike regardless of how long they have lived in the United States. He also calls for the building of a giant wall to separate us from our long-time allies in Mexico.
    -Trump has advocated FOR war crimes such as but not limited to torture-interrogation, mass murder as a warning, the intentional murder of entire civilian families, and the indiscriminatory bombing of countries in the Middle East.
    -Trump has consistently refused to disavow and condemn the white supremacist hate groups such as the KKK that support and work for his campaign.
    -Trump has preyed on the fears of poor and middle class whites while at the same time not offering any policies that would support them in overcoming the very serious and real challenges that they also face in America.
    -Trump's nativist, nationalist, and fascist stances parallel the most evil leaders this world has seen such as Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini.
    -Trump shows a childlike temperament that would jeopardize our national security and potentially start unnecessary conflicts.

    There are surely many other reasons that one may choose to condemn Trump's campaign. All are valid and acknowledged. The list grows with every passing day...

    Trump has been known to provoke and encourage violence towards protesters in the past. Past protests have seen individuals be spit on, kicked, hit, shoved, and assaulted in various other ways. With that being said, our strength will lie both in our numbers and our ability to show these Trump supporters a higher class of behavior. We do not condone and will condemn any physical contact with supporters attending the rally; please keep your hands and items to yourself. Our goal must be to show the attendees the empathy, acceptance, and love that we strive to see in the world. Keep any signs and chants aimed at Trump and his campaign, instead of individual supporters.
    To shift the conversation back a little. When I read the list of above grievances, while I do not agree with all of them, what they had to say and how they advocated saying it, is completely legitimate. This is what we are about as a country and a value that I believe is sacred. The fact that violence broke out really disturbs me.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I don't think I'd take it that far but I can tell you the more important and powerful the man, the more narcissistic he becomes. It's the nature of the beast whether they show it or not.
    Many of those traits are also characteristics of some very successful people. Unfortunately, it tends to make them ass holes too.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well he mentioned the story/legend/some call a myth or partial truth about Black Jack Pershing and shootin Muslim Terrorist in in the Philippines in 1919 with bullets dipped in blood and turning one loose to tell the others .....................Oh boy even though I like it (many on here have mentioned it before too) and the crowd howled cheering the idy, but he has really opened himself up this time.


    He also had a scare on stage there today when somebody threw something on stage or grabbed his leg. Quickly surrounded by SS agents...............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,906 Senior Member
    Wambli, I have a question. I admit I do not understand all the ins and outs of world trade but what happens to our exports when we slap a 45% tariff on imports. I believe that they will do the same to ours which will crash ag prices which rely on exports. That puts me out of business and I won't be able to take bankruptcy and have anything as I am not a corporation but a business owner with my name on the line.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Wambli, I have a question. I admit I do not understand all the ins and outs of world trade but what happens to our exports when we slap a 45% tariff on imports. I believe that they will do the same to ours which will crash ag prices which rely on exports. That puts me out of business and I won't be able to take bankruptcy and have anything as I am not a corporation but a business owner with my name on the line.


    Relax. The Donald only mentioned a tariff as a threat to force our trading 'partners' to stop currency manipulation, which has become in its own perverse way a workable substitute for outright tariffs. The Donald will be applying 'tough love' to our 'friends' out there only if they persevere in unfair trade. And even if he does have to impose tariffs, it will only be for a very short term - such a measure will encourage compromise and cooperation, long before it actually begins.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    My businesses are set up as limited liability corporations that give me some protection of my personal assets. The problem I run into is that for any lines of credit, I have to personally back them-- meaning they can come for my house, my guns, or whatever if they don't get their money. It also ruins my personal credit if they don't get paid.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,906 Senior Member
    compromise and cooperation, according to who? I have been through some of this before, the market crashes at just the possibility of embargoes by other countries. Jerm I know what you mean, I am not even a llc just my butt on the dotted line. I really fear that trump will do great harm to my business.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    People complain about The Donald shouting his opponents down and all we hear is "waahh...bunch of crybabies" Thousands of people do EXACTLY the same thing to Trump and folks want to talk about the death of liberty.

    But that's none of my business....

    Frankly, I'm with you in this instance...I also feel that Trump should not have pussed out and called the rally.

    As for 'solidifying his support', we'll see.


    Most of your argument is on point, but to lay blame squarely upon Trump or GOP strategy in general is giving both far too much credit.

    Nixon may have set the stage for identity politics back in '68, but Ds have turned it into an art form. It really seems like someone in the DNC decided sometime after the first Obama inauguration that straight white males born after 1980 and not in the 1% of income (or famous) are no longer welcome.

    What's referred to as the regressive left seems to be dominating the conversation in the current DNC.

    And I can't be the only millennial lib with that opinion, judging by the demographics of Bernie voters vis a vis Clinton.

    Trump is a wily opportunist to take advantage of this, but he didn't create it.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Many of those traits are also characteristics of some very successful people. Unfortunately, it tends to make them ass holes too.

    Damn, I didn't know you could say that on here........:jester:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    You can say the two words individually, but combine them into a compound word and it gets deleted. Like this... .
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Fell to BLM/Occupy Wall Street/Facebook-Snapchat Generation/Pantsuit-Bernie Supporters and those who don't wanna hear any side except their own and want to shutdown Free Speech.

    Ted and little Marco got on the bandwagon, as well.

    Wonder how many Illegals and drug dealers were in the crowd. Bill Ayers was there too!


    Occupy had nothing in common with BLM or Bill **** Ayers. Nothing.

    When the Ne'er do Wells moved in and decided squalid public squatting was a form of protest is when I moved out. But the original Occupy was every bit the other side of the coin as the original Tea Party.

    That both movements were able to be either co-opted or distilled into MSM, partisan talking points drives me nuts.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    This is not about limiting imports. No one here wants to live without cheap Samsung HD flatscreens!!!!! What we want is equal opportunity and ease to export to THEM! And we've never been smart enough to insist on it.


    Other than Nike shoes (which aren't manufactured here) and Beats headphones (which also aren't manufactured here) what does anybody in China want that we have? Demanding equal opportunity of sales is not the same as equal trade. You can point to agriculture as our stock in trade with China, but if they tell us to kiss off, then what? I nderstand they need grain, etc. more than we need cheap flat screens, but with South American countries becoming HUGE players in that market, I fear our leverage is minimal at best.

    Your reply in no way answers kansashunter's question...what happens when Trump does what he says he's going to do and implements (with or without the help of congress) the tariff's he's threatening to levy? What may (or may not) be a good thing for the country can be devastating to individual citizens. It's all fine and dandy to say that some will have to 'take one for the team', until you find out you're the one taking it.

    Will Trump be a tough president? I'm sure he would be...but is that enough? Obviously, I'm not sold.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    My truck was built right up the street from me and my Chevy Traverse was built 50 miles away in Lansing, MI.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    I buy used, right here in 'Murica! :usa:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I'll GUARANTEE, more Americans got paid for building my "****" (Toyota) pick-up (in northern California) than ANY of you driving a full sized GM manufactured (Canadian built) pick-up.
    Those are the half ton trucks. My full sized Chevy 2500 HD is assembled in Flint, MI. The Duramax engine was cast and assembled in Ohio. My Allison transmission was made in Baltimore, MD. Most of the body panels were stamped at the stamping plant that my parents retired from around the corner from the truck assembly plant.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Actually, Canadian content isn't a bad thing at all. We have a fair and excellent trade relationship with Canada (our biggest trading partner). They tend to ship a bit more goods to us, but we make up the balance with services. When you start messing with NAFTA, only a fool would screw up our relationship with Canada. The biggest port of entry for Canadian goods is Detroit, MI. Mess that up and my area is more screwed than it already is.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Personally, I am all for free trade. I just wish that Mexico's biggest export wasn't their workers. I know that part of the trade imbalance with them is going toward finally developing their economy-- I just wish they would hurry up. China-- their ongoing industrial revolution has lifted more people from poverty than any other time in the history of humanity so I don't feel all that bad buying a Chinese product. But I do feel they need to be a little more fair about buying our crap.

    After I have the capacity, I hear there is a huge demand for American whiskey in east Asia. That, and there is a guy in New Zealand I have in mind for distribution in that country. I don't need no stinking trade wars!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Relax. The Donald only mentioned a tariff as a threat to force our trading 'partners' to stop currency manipulation, which has become in its own perverse way a workable substitute for outright tariffs. The Donald will be applying 'tough love' to our 'friends' out there only if they persevere in unfair trade. And even if he does have to impose tariffs, it will only be for a very short term - such a measure will encourage compromise and cooperation, long before it actually begins.

    A bluff, or a threat, only works when the person being bluffed stops believing that it is a bluff. China will know that when the angry Americans who vote Trump into office start having to pay the same prices for goods as they were refusing to pay for union made American goods, they are going to be angry, again.

    Where do you think all of Trump's crossover Democrat votes are coming from? They are unemployed union workers. That's fine - they have always railed against illegal immigrants and demanded trade wars to force Americans to buy the products that they are paid high wages to make. But, don't think for a minute that creating more inflation is going to solve the economic problems in this country.

    If it was Bernie Sanders who was standing up there and calling for a trade war to force Americans to buy union made products, Trump would not be on top in the Republican primaries. I'm not saying that Trump is pro-union, but I am saying that he is exploiting them to get elected. He is a Democrat, folks. He has plainly said that he has no intention to shrink the size of government by reforming Social Security, or cutting any entitlements, abolishing Planned Parenthood, or any of the other conservative principles.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement