Anti-Trump Groups Threaten ‘Largest Civil Disobedience Action

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 890 Senior Member
Anti-Trump Groups Threaten ‘Largest Civil Disobedience Action of the Century’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/16/anti-trump-groups-threaten-largest-civil-disobedience-action-of-the-century/

The operation, calling itself Democracy Spring, is threatening “drama in Washington” with the “largest civil disobedience action of the century.” The radicals believe this will result in the arrest of thousands of their own activists.

The group is backed by numerous organizations, including the George Soros-funded groups MoveOn.org, the Institute for Policy Studies, and Demos.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,779 Senior Member
    Excellent. Can't think of a better way to bring disrepute to the liberal cause.

Then again, this may be the start of worse things...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,122 Senior Member
    Nothing says "tolerence" and "peace" like a massive mob assaulting citizens and destroying buildings and cars.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,694 Senior Member
    It is the time of radicals. We have all of the 'usual suspects' on the left promising civil disobedience that they will undoubtedly deliver against either Republican candidate, if it looks like they have a chance win, and veiled threats from the so-called 'populist' candidate that his people will riot if the idiots who we refer to as the 'Republican establishment' try to enforce the rules that everybody knew before they began their candidacies.

Just imagine what it would be like if the rock-ribbed conservative was leading in the polls, and threatening to sweep an even greater majority of Constitutional conservatives into Congress, and appoint 1-3 Constitutional originalists to the Supreme Court. This is an election year that features disgruntled voters from every walk of life and all different stations in society, who agree on nothing...EXCEPT that government has been failing the general public for a long, long time, and it IS going to change. Either they are going to get the hell out of our lives, or fix everything, as they have been promising for the last 50 years.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,176 Senior Member
    I'm really looking forward to 1968 all over again.....:guns:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

It's probably a self-fulfilling prophecy - the media is salivating at the mere thought of so much great video.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,772 Senior Member
    Yeah we'll see. If you actually read the article, doesn't seem like this group has all that many actual supporters. Basically making massive claims to garner media attention so that they might actually get a few people to show up. Meh. I'll believe it when I see more than a dozen people walking from Philly to DC.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

1968? How about the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch?!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    1968? How about the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch?!
    Trump's trying to get elected, so no need for that, yet. We'll see what he does after the election in November.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I didn't necessarily mean Trump - there are other possibilities.

Trump's trying to get elected, so no need for that, yet. We'll see what he does after the election in November.

If the Congress building mysteriously burns, I'll start worrying.
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Remember, remember! The 5th of November....
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    The mindset is pathetic. I was raised to support what you believe in, not tear down what you disagree with.
    Sad times, indeed.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
    bisley wrote: »

Snort!

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Remember, remember! The 5th of November....

I always remember...it's my birthday.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,493 Senior Member

And I will clap gleefully.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    And I will clap gleefully.
    I'll bring marshmallows and hot dogs.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The conduct and rhetoric of Democracy Spring will be sure to add a percentage point or three to Trump's polling numbers, and another million or more votes to his primary totals. The Donald's reaction to their antics should be good for another $10 or $20 million in free publicity from the feckless press.
    horselips wrote: »
    The conduct and rhetoric of Democracy Spring will be sure to add a percentage point or three to Trump's polling numbers, and another million or more votes to his primary totals. The Donald's reaction to their antics should be good for another $10 or $20 million in free publicity from the feckless press.

If your predictions keep up, soon we'll be hearing how Trump will be pulling somewhere between 130 &150% of the world's population in each primary, due to inhabitants of other planets beaming in to vote for him as well. Why, the very mention of his name engenders the lame to dance and the mute to break into song.

I'm feeling a little of the miracle that is The Donald...I've been stopped up for a couple of days now but suddenly have the urge to do what needs doing. Hail Trump!
    George Carlin
    cpj wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed about Trump, he has RABID supporters. Like... they need to wipe off their chin, supporters.
    I simply don't get the worship of people, especially politicians.

It's not so much that we like him, it's more that we hate them.
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    If your predictions keep up, soon we'll be hearing how Trump will be pulling somewhere between 130 &150% of the world's population in each primary, due to inhabitants of other planets beaming in to vote for him as well. Why, the very mention of his name engenders the lame to dance and the mute to break into song.

The last poll (March 12) shows Trump in the lead with 44% on the Klingon home world, and tied with Cruz at 41% on Vulcan.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,706 Senior Member
    I always remember...it's my birthday.

That's two of us.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,330 Senior Member
    It must be all those Democrats that are signing on to vote for Trump.
    The last poll (March 12) shows Trump in the lead with 44% on the Klingon home world, and tied with Cruz at 41% on Vulcan.

Well, he cured my constipation...and Klingons are awfully grumpy. Maybe it's working for them too?
    George Carlin

Who doesn't?

It is not only the Trumpeters who have rejected all of the candidates that the king-makers have trotted out. Why waste all of the 'young Turks' that a grass roots movement has managed to get elected? There are some good guys and gals out there who are trying to serve their constituents and restore the Constitution. They cannot get it done, as back bench Senators and Representatives, unless their numbers are far greater.

In a fit of emotional righteousness, we are on the verge of choosing someone to represent us who more nearly represents a carnival hawker than a dedicated servant of the public. His words are not backed by deeds. He has demonstrated that he will attempt to gut his opponents one day, and say he loves them the next. He uses people and then he discards them. Why would anybody think that he would treat voters differently?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member

Amen to that!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Can we hurry up and finish importing those thousands of ISIS "refugees" from Syria? I can't think of a better place to drop them than in Washington DC, right in the middle of those "protesters". Maybe BATFE can get another Fast & Furious operation revved up on short notice!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    Who doesn't?

It is not only the Trumpeters who have rejected all of the candidates that the king-makers have trotted out. Why waste all of the 'young Turks' that a grass roots movement has managed to get elected? There are some good guys and gals out there who are trying to serve their constituents and restore the Constitution. They cannot get it done, as back bench Senators and Representatives, unless their numbers are far greater.

In a fit of emotional righteousness, we are on the verge of choosing someone to represent us who more nearly represents a carnival hawker than a dedicated servant of the public. His words are not backed by deeds. He has demonstrated that he will attempt to gut his opponents one day, and say he loves them the next. He uses people and then he discards them. Why would anybody think that he would treat voters differently?

yeah yeah yeah yeah, and Hitlery wouldn't?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,330 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    yeah yeah yeah yeah, and Hitlery wouldn't?
    So besides the letter R, as Clinton would say, "What difference does it make?"
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member

Over-the-Hillary has 100% of the voters on Uranus.
    Over-the-Hillary has 100% of the voters on Uranus.

:spittingcoffee::rotflmao:
    George Carlin