Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Ccl renewal now sucks

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
My CCL expires on 4/3. Used to be you went to the sheriff, they printed a new one, you paid and left. Now since BATFE said we can buy guns with our CCL as long as it's been issued in the last 5 yrs, they do the backround check every renewal which you must fill out online and you have to wait up to 30 days. I'm not sure if it's the whole state or just my county as it does not have an issued date on it so sellers don't know if you fall in that 5 yr window.

The nice thing is they LET you pay for it online, for $4.00 in fees but you still get to show up at the sheriffs office to pick it up. I'll give them cash then and save the $4.00.

Leave it to the feds to screw up a good thing.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    My CCL expires on 4/3. Used to be you went to the sheriff, they printed a new one, you paid and left. Now since BATFE said we can buy guns with our CCL as long as it's been issued in the last 5 yrs, they do the backround check every renewal which you must fill out online and you have to wait up to 30 days. I'm not sure if it's the whole state or just my county as it does not have an issued date on it so sellers don't know if you fall in that 5 yr window.

The nice thing is they LET you pay for it online, for $4.00 in fees but you still get to show up at the sheriffs office to pick it up. I'll give them cash then and save the $4.00.

Leave it to the feds to screw up a good thing.

I would not complain if I were you. My renewal is $75.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    90 day wait here and it is actually about 83 days

$75; but, they laminate the card :applause:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Which is the real reason why sheriff depts oppose constitutional carry, they make to much money off of permits.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I recently did my renewal after 7 years. I don't remember what the fee was, but I did it online and had my new card in less than 10 days.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Don't complain, you could live in California!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

Touche
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    I recently did my renewal after 7 years. I don't remember what the fee was, but I did it online and had my new card in less than 10 days.
    Mine is coming due and IIRC the fee is $60. I can go to my local office, do all teh paperwork, picture, give the money and walk out with my renewal in about an hour
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    Mine is coming due and IIRC the fee is $60. I can go to my local office, do all teh paperwork, picture, give the money and walk out with my renewal in about an hour

I did the paperwork online and pre-paid the fee. I did have to send new pics though. I could have done it your way too, but didn't feel like driving to where I needed it done.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Driving to mine is 5 minutes from work, ezpz. Otherwise I would send it in.
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member

Me too! about 10 days
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    Waited over 40 days for my Madison Co. 5 year ,maybe it will help to submit new app 30 days before expiration. Alabama Counties have different Fee's and wait time
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    State law is shall issues NLT 30 days.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Meanwhile, in Idaho, constitutional carry is waiting for the governor's signature.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Red HorseRed Horse Member Posts: 96 Member
    JeffnBama wrote: »
    Waited over 40 days for my Madison Co. 5 year ,maybe it will help to submit new app 30 days before expiration. Alabama Counties have different Fee's and wait time

Got mine renewed for 5 years about a year ago. Fee was $20 per year for a maximum of $100 for a 5 year permit. Wait time was about 15 minutes, which included writing the check, getting a picture made and being handed a laminated card. Jeff s right ---- every county is different and revenues from pistol permits are the Sheriff's.
    zu Gleich

"Better is the enemy of Good"
  • Red HorseRed Horse Member Posts: 96 Member
    zorba wrote: »

Been there - done that. Never again. I would rather have a root canal with a pocket knife!!!
    zu Gleich

"Better is the enemy of Good"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Red Horse wrote: »
    Been there - done that. Never again. I would rather have a root canal with a pocket knife!!!

I don't blame you. Beautiful state, crappy politics.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in Idaho, constitutional carry is waiting for the governor's signature.
    Of course all 50 States and territories should have constitutional carry. Oregon has open carry per the state constitution including plain sight in a vehicle. Many larger cities prohibit it. The state constitution prohibits municipalities and counties from pre-empting state constitutional law. Several cities prohibit open carry. Their prohibition has no "teeth". They can issue a citation that will be overturned by a county district court. Why bother? Democrats took over the state in 1986 and it has been all downhill since. 80% of the liberal population lives in the larger city liberal cesspools while nearly 100% of the conservative population lives in the rest of the state so we can't vote them out. That is somewhat similar to Idaho. A few years ago I went to Cabela's in Boise with my Grandnephews. The 17 year old was purchasing a box of 12 gauge target shotshells. The clerk denied his purchase because he was not 18. I reminded the clerk Idaho law allowed him to purchase them at the age of 14. The clerk very snarkely replied, "I think the GCA 1968 trumps that"! We left and purchased the shotshells at a hardware store. I have not and will never again enter a Cabela's. STATE'S RIGHT'S MATTER!!!!!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Where does it say Oregon is open carry ? I am not arguing the point, I have heard it said often enough, however, the open carry advocate videos always have the Portland Oregon Police asking for CCW.

"STATE'S RIGHT'S MATTER!!!!!"

State's have authority and powers, not rights, Constitutional rights belong to the people.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I mailed my Florida renewal on 3-11 and I'm curious as to how long it will take.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Where does it say Oregon is open carry ? I am not arguing the point, I have heard it said often enough, however, the open carry advocate videos always have the Portland Oregon Police asking for CCW.

"STATE'S RIGHT'S MATTER!!!!!"

State's have authority and powers, not rights, Constitutional rights belong to the people.
    Portland is the largest municipality illegally pre-empting the Oregon State Constitution concerning open carry. State Constitutions cannot override the Constitution of the United States of America.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    You are correct, that is how LEOSA could tell the States to pound sand, as far as not respecting qualified retired LEOs and their ability to carry across State lines and in all 50 States.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996