Nationwide CCW reciprocity

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
There is now Legal precedence for Nationwide CCW reciprocity

Under LEOSA the Federal Government has forced CCW reciprocity for Qualified retired LEOs with the appropriate "Retired" status as LEOs able as such to carry in all 50 States !

I think it is time for regular CCW holders to cash in on National reciprocity for CCW and end all the State border issues associated with CCW as it now stands.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    OOORAW
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    There is now Legal precedence for Nationwide CCW reciprocity

Under LEOSA the Federal Government has forced CCW reciprocity for Qualified retired LEOs with the appropriate "Retired" status as LEOs able as such to carry in all 50 States !

I think it is time for regular CCW holders to cash in on National reciprocity for CCW and end all the State border issues associated with CCW as it now stands.

It won't happen. Unless, of course, Trump or Cruz wins in November, nominates a conservative judge to the Supreme Court, the Senate confirms him, and then some brave soul brings the issue and the Court decides to hear the case.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    It can be presented as an Amicus Curiae, I believe it can happen !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,825 Senior Member
    It can happen but I sure wouldn't hold my breath waiting...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I was not holding my breath for Constitutional carry and shall issue as much as we have now, even Puerto Rico a final NO ISSUE hold out, is Constitutional carry, a major feather in the CCW hat, how long so you really think it will take for all those RV hounds that CCW to start screaming for National CCW ?
  • KSDeputyKSDeputy Member Posts: 55 Member
    Yes, but where ever you carry under LEOSA, you must obey local laws. We now have constitutional carry in KS. You can carry concealed or openly without any sort of permit.