More proposed anti-freedom bills introduced in CA

TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior MemberPosts: 6,045 Senior Member
Had an honest and open discussion with my wife tonight about leaving this God forsaken state. The conclusion was, we aint going nowhere anytime soon. Then I see an email from our local gun club about some of the anti-freedom bills being introduced in this year.

And the cherry on top is the line at the beginning of each of these proposed bills that reads:

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

I may vomit! :vomit:

AB 1663
Reclassifies semiauto, centerfire rifles as "assault weapons" by redefining the term "fixed magazine" as "an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action." Requires registration of currently owned semiauto rifles that are "featureless" or those that utilize "bullet buttons".

AB 1664
Redefines detachable magazine to include bullet buttons or similar means of creating a fixed magazine under current law. Would reclassify firearms utilizing bullet buttons, etc. as assault weapons.

AB 1673
Expands the definition of firearm to include metal or plastic, unfinished, incomplete castings, forgings, moldings, etc. (ie. "80% lowers or frames").

AB 1674
Would extend the CA handgun purchase restriction to all guns (including rifles and shotguns), so that a person could not purchase/receive more than one firearm per month. Would also eliminate the private party exemption to one handgun/firearm month restrictions.

AB 2459
Would require gun dealers to videotape all gun and ammunition purchases and to keep recordings for 5 years.

SB-1446*
Would ban sales and possession of any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds and even bans sale/possession of magazines permanently altered to hold no more than 10 rounds. Legal magazines will be those that are “only of sufficient size to hold no more than 10 rounds”.

Replies

• ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 343 Member
    Step to your east - AZ needs more good gun people. Free AZ is calling, sir.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Armoredman wrote: »
    Step to your east - AZ needs more good gun people. Free AZ is calling, sir.

Yes, all you good people come to the land of the free. Then we can hope that pest hole of lawless law makers will soon fall off in the Pacific.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,065 Senior Member
    I'm working on it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,345 Senior Member
    What are you bitching about?!? Think of the crime these measures will eliminate! It's for the children, man!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Of course, these are not laws, just bills to be introduced. Yes, I know it's California, so no one is safe. If the democrats get a liberal on the supreme court, we won't even have hope there. Don't forget CalGuns.net for state based organizational resistance. We all need to support not just NRA but also our state organizations. Just be sure and vote republican, even if you have to have a shot of bourbon first!
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,487 Senior Member
    I've been around a long time , I have never heard the term "bullet buttons " before. What are they ??

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,539 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    I've been around a long time , I have never heard the term "bullet buttons " before. What are they ??JAY

The way that their law is written, on a removable box magazine fed rifle like an AR, you have to require a tool to replace the magazine so someone came up with a mag release modification that requires a tool to push the button in and the tip of a bullet qualifies as that tool. They call it a "bullet button".
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Elections have consequences. Anyone who has (1) ever voted, even once, for any Democrat, for any office - federal, state or local - for any reason whatsoever, OR (2) who has failed to vote for every Republican running for every office on the ballot, every time without exception, OR (3) if you squandered your vote on any third party candidate, richly deserves all the regulation and restrictions that resulted from your folly. Liberalism is a choice. Quitcher bitchin' - you asked for it, you got it.

If you are innocent of the above atrocious acts of deliberate self-degradation and political suicide, your only option is to run for your life. CA is not going to change - ever. Whatever it is you do for a living there, you can do elsewhere, so start packing.

T R U M P
    Elections have consequences and everybody else is owned.
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Horselips, our election system and the electoral college are left in place, even though largely obsolete, to assure that only a candidate from one of the two major parties can win, even without a majority of the popular vote. Alternatives have been suggested, especially the "instant runoff", where you vote your first and second choice. That way you can vote a third party candidate without risk that your vote is wasted. If the third party guy doesn't come in first or second, your second choice candidate gets your vote. With that system, you could have voted for Perot. So could I. As it turned out...well, you know how it turned out. The only real choice is to hold your nose, if necessary, and vote the republican no matter what.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    bowserb wrote: »
    Horselips, our election system and the electoral college are left in place, even though largely obsolete, to assure that only a candidate from one of the two major parties can win, even without a majority of the popular vote. Alternatives have been suggested, especially the "instant runoff", where you vote your first and second choice. That way you can vote a third party candidate without risk that your vote is wasted. If the third party guy doesn't come in first or second, your second choice candidate gets your vote. With that system, you could have voted for Perot. So could I. As it turned out...well, you know how it turned out. The only real choice is to hold your nose, if necessary, and vote the republican no matter what.

Au contrere - I do not consider the Electoral College to be obsolete. I consider it an essential protection, thin as it is, against pure democracy and mob rule, and to protect the sovereignty and rights of the states - especially since the Senate no longer represents the interests of the states in the legislative process. We are informed by future history, that a century or so from now, astute observers will note that the 17th Amendment was the beginning of the end...
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    R U M P 2 0 1 6

Butt Jerm for President
    Who Better to Crap on the Country than a True Butthole?
    Why Leave the Job to Amateurs?