Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Students in fear!

FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior MemberPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
I was in my office and listening to Fox news in the background and heard a report that someone had written "Trump 2016" in chalk at several locations around the campus of Emory University in Atlanta and several students claim that it's a racist attack and now they don't feel safe on campus. The university is offering "emergency counciling" to all the traumatized students that require it. What the heck kind of society are we creating where young adults are traumatized by the printed name of a political candidate? Were any students traumatized or offered counciling when obama's name was splashed all over the country seven years ago?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/03/24/someone-wrote-trump-2016-on-emorys-campus-in-chalk-some-students-said-they-no-longer-feel-safe/
snake284 wrote: »
For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
.

Replies

  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,825 Senior Member
    Sounds like domestic terrorism!! Ban chalk!!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,659 Senior Member
    What's that saying of Twain's that applies to school boards and administrations? :mad:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    You know what's REALLY sad? When the Zombie Pockyclipse happens those traumatized students will be further traumatized when the zombies just walk past them. (Zombies eat brains, and those idiots don't have any. :tooth:)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I was in my office and listening to Fox news in the background and heard a report that someone had written "Trump 2016" in chalk at several locations around the campus of Emory University in Atlanta and several students claim that it's a racist attack and now they don't feel safe on campus. The university is offering "emergency counciling" to all the traumatized students that require it. What the heck kind of society are we creating where young adults are traumatized by the printed name of a political candidate? Were any students traumatized or offered counciling when obama's name was splashed all over the country seven years ago?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/03/24/someone-wrote-trump-2016-on-emorys-campus-in-chalk-some-students-said-they-no-longer-feel-safe/

    I agree, and any educator that would pander to the feelings of bunch of wimps needs to find employment elsewhere. I have so much to say about this I don't know where to start. That Amelia Sims, of the College Republican group said it all pretty well, that college is a place for diversity of ideas. Reading what she wrote was sort of a cool drink of water in the desert. But some of these idiotic libtards are an embarrassment to their college and the various groups they represent. For one thing I think this was a joke and should be viewed as such. Anybody that takes it anymore serious than that is way far over the top.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'd SERIOUSLY like to grab a bubnch of guys and just act like we were gonna go all Northside (it's a local thing)on the stupid ing ****. I've got $20 that says I could literally make them piss their pants and never lay a hand on them.

    Well, I don't think I'd want to touch any of those pecker headed Wimps for fear of catching whatever brain rot virus it is they've got that makes their brain resemble a Female Reproductive Organ. This tempts me to Pull off their HEAD and POOH Down their NECKS!!! What a bunch of CraP!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Woosification of America,its all part of the big plan.Just go to any school or college campus and look around, girly men everywhere. Conflict
    resolution and such teaches men to be passive and God forbid you actually punch a bully in the nose
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I agree, and any educator that would pander to the feelings of bunch of wimps needs to find employment elsewhere. I have so much to say about this I don't know where to start. That Amelia Sims, of the College Republican group said it all pretty well, that college is a place for diversity of ideas. Reading what she wrote was sort of a cool drink of water in the desert. But some of these idiotic libtards are an embarrassment to their college and the various groups they represent. For one thing I think this was a joke and should be viewed as such. Anybody that takes it anymore serious than that is way far over the top.

    It's the educators of today that made the wimps.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    It's the educators of today that made the wimps.


    Actually politicians run the educational system. The front line teachers have almost every move they make scripted for them and all they can do anymore is follow the guidlines that are forced upon them. They teach kids how to pass specific tests to determine their rating against other schools in the county, and state, and country. This rating is what determines how good of a job everyone is doing and it determines pay and raises. The fact that the kids aren't learning any independant thinking or problem solving skills, or gaining any maturity or self confidence is irrelevent. School now is to teach them to pass tests.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'd SERIOUSLY like to grab a bunch of guys and just act like we were gonna go all Northside (it's a local thing)on the stupid ing ****. I've got $20 that says I could literally make them piss their pants and never lay a hand on them.
    LOL, I just posted my reaction to this on Facebook: OH, THE POOR, PUSSIFIED PUPILS ARE PISSING THEIR PANTS OVER A POLITICIAN!!!!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    "Where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    LOL, I just posted my reaction to this on Facebook: OH, THE POOR, PUSSIFIED PUPILS ARE PISSING THEIR PANTS OVER A POLITICIAN!!!!!

    Hehehe Noel, you're a poet and don't know it! Or maybe you do, but that was indeed "Poetic Justice!"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    It's the educators of today that made the wimps.



    Well yeah that's exactly right. Of course, they had help from the media and other Commie bastards!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Actually politicians run the educational system. The front line teachers have almost every move they make scripted for them and all they can do anymore is follow the guidlines that are forced upon them. They teach kids how to pass specific tests to determine their rating against other schools in the county, and state, and country. This rating is what determines how good of a job everyone is doing and it determines pay and raises. The fact that the kids aren't learning any independant thinking or problem solving skills, or gaining any maturity or self confidence is irrelevent. School now is to teach them to pass tests.

    Oh I love all this Fishhead! It's right up my ally of thinking. The kids are programed to do what? To make the system look successful, not to participate in life within the greatest Republic on the planet and in the history of the universe. No, they're programed on how to take it down, one stone at a time.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Oh I love all this Fishhead! It's right up my ally of thinking. The kids are programed to do what? To make the system look successful, not to participate in life within the greatest Republic on the planet and in the history of the universe. No, they're programed on how to take it down, one stone at a time.


    This isn't really theory or just opinion, the woman I live with has been teaching for 36 years and I get to hear all the complaints about how and why the educational system is so screwed up today almost on a daily basis. In two more years Debbie will retire if she can stand it for that much longer.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    This isn't really theory or just opinion, the woman I live with has been teaching for 36 years and I get to hear all the complaints about how and why the educational system is so screwed up today almost on a daily basis. In two more years Debbie will retire if she can stand it for that much longer.

    And may God bless her for putting up with all the changes and the way the kids have evolved over the years.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    This isn't really theory or just opinion, the woman I live with has been teaching for 36 years and I get to hear all the complaints about how and why the educational system is so screwed up today almost on a daily basis. In two more years Debbie will retire if she can stand it for that much longer.
    Yep!

    I hope she will endure, because sounds like a good teacher and we need all those in place we can find.

    :up::up::up:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    I like hearing about all the 'commie bastards' and politicians that have screwed up our education system....I wonder who it was put all of those useless idiots in charge of making and implementing the **** we're experiencing these days? Piss and moan all you want, this mess is ours. Bought and paid for by you, me and all the rest that settle for what Uncle allows us or tells us we should accept.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hang in there, Debbie- - - - -there really is life after the education system- - - - -although I was tempted to be a volunteer at the zoo, cleaning up after the elephants, to get my self-respect back after 30-something years in public ed!
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hehehe Noel, you're a poet and don't know it! Or maybe you do, but that was indeed "Poetic Justice!"
    Haha....the technique is called alliteration and is when a sentence is made up using all or most of the same letter at the beginning of each word in the sentence. It only comes to me once in a while.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    And these "kids" are going to be our future leaders...?

    Where am I going, and why am I in a hand basket?

    :uhm:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    BOLO
    chalk-wanted_zpsoj1jicom.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement