FBI Investigating Clinton Foundation

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior MemberPosts: 2,725 Senior Member
Hummmm....I wonder what's going on? FBI investigating Clinton Foundation for money laundering :popcorn:! Wonder what's going on? Surely this must be a mistake, or maybe politically motivated? The Clintons would NEVER become involved in anything illegal, would they!

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    Hummmm....I wonder what's going on? FBI investigating Clinton Foundation for money laundering :popcorn:! Wonder what's going on? Surely this must be a mistake, or maybe politically motivated? The Clintons would NEVER become involved in anything illegal, would they!

Let's see now, there was, Whitewater, Vince Foster, Chinagate, Travelgate, Filegate Scandal, Cattle-Futures Miracle, Lootergate, Drug Dealer Donor Scandal, Ponzi Scheme and Political Favor Scandal, and to top it all off, Benghazi. Oh no, these are all mistakenly associated with these fine people. They are beyond reproach, of course.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    "What would Carlos Hathcock do?"

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Let's see now, there was, Whitewater, Vince Foster, Chinagate, Travelgate, Filegate Scandal, Cattle-Futures Miracle, Lootergate, Drug Dealer Donor Scandal, Ponzi Scheme and Political Favor Scandal, and to top it all off, Benghazi. Oh no, these are all mistakenly associated with these fine people. They are beyond reproach, of course.
    Hillary's Camp Freaking Out As This Video Goes Viral…
    http://www.wor710.com/onair/mark-simone-52176/hillarys-camp-freaking-out-as-this-14485019/#ixzz43gmzJVmR

Everyone that is considering voting for Hillary should watch this video.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Since Obama, Holder and now Lynch have turned the Justice Department into the Just Us Department, expect nothing to happen to Mr. & Mrs. Clinton. Some poor staffers may take the fall but the First Family Emeritus is out of reach.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Then it is time for open rebellion in this Country. I'm totally opposed to violence and certainly to violent disposal of politicians as we commonly see in the more Latin nations, but IMO it is time for modern-day Founding Fathers like we had with Franklin, Jefferson, Washington and the others to step forward and lead the way. The ETHICAL teachings of Christianity along with the moral code of Freemasonry should be the guideline. Question is, with our people being herd animals who must be led, how do we do it?
    Then it is time for open rebellion in this Country. I'm totally opposed to violence and certainly to violent disposal of politicians as we commonly see in the more Latin nations, but IMO it is time for modern-day Founding Fathers like we had with Franklin, Jefferson, Washington and the others to step forward and lead the way. The ETHICAL teachings of Christianity along with the moral code of Freemasonry should be the guideline. Question is, with our people being herd animals who must be led, how do we do it?

Calm down there brother - there won't be any open rebellion. Nobody has enough time off available to do a revolution. A few weeks vacation, some sick days, and then it's over. We'd all have to be back to work. And what would you overthrow? We're not a third world emerging nation, where all you have to do for a coup d'etat is capture the capital and take over the TV and radio station, proclaim the new government and voila you just made "dictator." The federal government? OK, but after that there are 50 state governments, all with National Guard units, waiting for you. After that, there's 3,100 County sheriffs. Only Wikipedia knows how many municipal police departments you'd then have to take out. Our government is so decentralized it cannot be overthrown, only the total destruction of the entire nation could accomplish that.

But don't despair - there is something you can do - something we all can do - and that's VOTE. And ya know what? We get to do it pretty soon - just some months from now. If you're unhappy with what the Democrats have wrought, vote against them, and FOR the only viable opposition party - the GOP.

T R U M P
    Hopefully, more voters will hate the status quo more than they hate him.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,494 Senior Member
    I wish we had a cheerleading emoticon. We could really make posting great again. Trust me, it would be so great.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,179 Senior Member
    The Clinton trail of crookedness is a mile wide and 40 years long.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    I know, my brother, that you are correct. It simply saddens me to see what has happened and what will continue to happen with our Country to slow us down in our progress. But we will survive it. An adherence to moral values is deeply needed, however!

I think a lot about life now that I'm in my advanced 70's. But that's beside the point..................I've not yet had a little "snort" of Buffalo Trace tonight, but I'm going downstairs and mix me a little taste to relax and not worry too much more about this election.....:jester:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    Clinton Foundation facilitated the sale of a HUGE amount of U.S. uranium to the Russians, and got a huge amount of money pouring into the Clinton Foundation in return, all while Hillarybilly was Secretary of State. Conflict of interest, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,773 Senior Member
    If ever there was a year for an independent to take the presidency it's this year. Very few liberals I know want Hillary and obviously we know how few people here trust Trump. Unfortunately I'm doubtful it will happen because the fearmongers have everyone scared enough that most people will still pull the D or R lever no matter what.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    If ever there was a year for an independent to take the presidency it's this year. Very few liberals I know want Hillary and obviously we know how few people here trust Trump. Unfortunately I'm doubtful it will happen because the fearmongers have everyone scared enough that most people will still pull the D or R lever no matter what.

The folks that vote "X no matter what" have always been there and always will be. Let's face it, it's just easier and much less scary to not have to think about your vote.

Thinking is hard.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    What will happen if much of the country goes independent is that Hillary will get elected
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,726 Senior Member
    In another thread someone mentioned that for the last several elections they have cast a write in vote.
    Wish I had asked; How did that work out?

With electronic voting and the amount of voters casting ballets today, write ins have a very slim chance of winning a presidential election.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,773 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    In another thread someone mentioned that for the last several elections they have cast a write in vote.
    Wish I had asked; How did that work out?

With electronic voting and the amount of voters casting ballets today, write ins have a very slim chance of winning a presidential election.
    No a write in candidate won't win, but in the end we are going to end up electing a candidate that maybe 20% of the country actually wants. In the end the majority of the rest of the people will hold their nose and vote for one or the other because they'll "be better than the other guy no one wants.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    What will happen if much of the country goes independent is that Hillary will get elected

Stand up Mr. Independent.

Trump steps back from Republican support pledge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-35923658

"US Republican front-runner Donald Trump has dropped his pledge to support the party candidate if he does not win the nomination for the November election."

Step forward Ms. President

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,601 Senior Member
    No a write in candidate won't win, but in the end we are going to end up electing a candidate that maybe 20% of the country actually wants. In the end the majority of the rest of the people will hold their nose and vote for one or the other because they'll "be better than the other guy no one wants.

And take a long, hot shower when they're done. As I said before, I don't recall the possibility of two more damaged candidates vying for the nation's highest office.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    The folks that vote "X no matter what" have always been there and always will be. Let's face it, it's just easier and much less scary to not have to think about your vote.

Thinking is hard.

Spoken like a true elitist. It's nobody's problem but yours that you don't have even the slightest comprehension of the essential nature and implications inherent in our 2 party political system. Those of us in the know understand that you vote the candidate of your choice in primary elections (the one you believe best able to lead his party and inspire the electorate), and then the party of your choice in general elections (the party who's platform best reflects your positions).

Plenty of thinking, even hard thought, goes into voting for that 'X' of your choice. If the 'right man' wins, but so does the 'wrong party' you achieve nothing. You get nowhere. The only chance the 'right man' has of doing right, is if his party wins along with him. Otherwise you have a voice crying out in the wilderness, and you're the only one listening.

It is laughably misguided to look at the race for the House of Representatives as 970 candidates vying for 435 seats. They're just the trees. The mature, informed voter sees the big picture - a race between 2 forests. The winning forest stands, the losing forest gets cut down - including any 'best men for the job' that happen to be there.
    That's funny...you called me elitist and stupid in your first two sentences. Makes me wonder if you understand the meaning of either word, Mr. "In the Know". :roll:

Telling folks you're 'in the know' while talking down to them is a hallmark of the elitist. A hallmark of the stupid is expounding on things you know little about. Pot, kettle...

To further dispel your illusions of my elitism; I've got your 'lack of comprehension'...right here.
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    Don't fall for the troll's behavior.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Hey horselips, read history much? Here's some choice words on political parties from the Founding Fathers. Knowledge is power, providing you look for it and can see the truth. Political parties are to good government what anthrax is to good physical health. Sayin'.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/07/the-founding-fathers-tried-to-warn-us-about-the-threat-from-a-two-party-system.html
    John Adams said:

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.

George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

Some more of that knowledge stuff:

https://polsci101.wordpress.com/2009/12/13/idealistic-views-of-the-founding-fathers-compared-to-contemporary-dichromatic-politics/

Some more of that knowledge stuff with links to other knowledge:

http://freedomoutpost.com/founding-fathers-loathed-political-parties/
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike - I wasn't defending the 2-party system that has evolved in the USA over the centuries - just expounding on the reality of the situation. If the Founders were resurrected today they would be appalled at a lot of what has happened since their time. I have no doubt they would see the 17th Amendment as the beginning of the end.

Like it or not, for better or worse, American political life is controlled by 2 big parties, each recognized and protected in law. That's the hand we're dealt, that's the hand we must play.
    horselips wrote: »
    tennmike - I wasn't defending the 2-party system that has evolved in the USA over the centuries - just expounding on the reality of the situation. If the Founders were resurrected today they would be appalled at a lot of what has happened since their time. I have no doubt they would see the 17th Amendment as the beginning of the end.

Like it or not, for better or worse, American political life is controlled by 2 big parties, each recognized and protected in law. That's the hand we're dealt, that's the hand we must play.

Joshua was the computer in the movie "War Games". The following quote is about both the game tic tac toe and total thermonuclear war. I think it also should include two or more party politics. The last two are national suicide, and all three are no win scenarios. The end game of two (or more) party politics usually ends in a dictatorship or worse. More of that nasty history stuff.

Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

As for myself, I will play my hand by voting against Trump in the elections that I am offered and by opposing him at every step of his presidency if he is elected.

This assumes (of course) he doesn't decide to completely dismantle your beloved Republican party by eschewing his possible nomination in favor of a third party tilt. Either way, it won't matter to me...I'll know I did what I could to avoid it.
    George Carlin
    tennmike wrote: »
    Joshua was the computer in the movie "War Games". The following quote is about both the game tic tac toe and total thermonuclear war. I think it also should include two or more party politics. The last two are national suicide, and all three are no win scenarios. The end game of two (or more) party politics usually ends in a dictatorship or worse. More of that nasty history stuff.

Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Fine, don't play. Sit the election out. On the morning of January 20, stand in front of your mirror and practice saying "President Hillary Clinton." Then well-up with pride and satisfaction. Being a death-wish conservative Pharisee is fine - I just hope your decision to die on the hill of self-righteous indignation doesn't take the country down with you.

As for Joshua the chess-playing computer - before deciding not to play the game of thermonuclear war, he should take a page from Captain James Tiberius Kirk - there no such thing as the no-win scenario. Remember Kobayashi Maru.
    You don't get it. None of you trumpeters gets it. You want your beloved party to win so badly, you're willing to look past the bold-faced fact that he can't win. You tout his lack of care for all things PC while completely ignoring his pissing off yet another segment of the voting public. I have never seen so many so completely willing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...and so completely adamant to blame others for this failing.

This is the part where I say I'll never say "I told you so", but doing so would be pointless, you'd never listen anyway.
    George Carlin
    horselips wrote: »
    Fine, don't play. Sit the election out. On the morning of January 20, stand in front of your mirror and practice saying "President Hillary Clinton." Then well-up with pride and satisfaction. Being a death-wish conservative Pharisee is fine - I just hope your decision to die on the hill of self-righteous indignation doesn't take the country down with you.

As for Joshua the chess-playing computer - before deciding not to play the game of thermonuclear war, he should take a page from Captain James Tiberius Kirk - there no such thing as the no-win scenario. Remember Kobayashi Maru.

Never said I was sitting anything out. You made that up in your own head. Death wish conservative? More stuff made up in your head; I'm a libertarian with anarchist leanings. YOU are so far left of me that I'd need the Hubble space telescope to make out your fuzzy outline! :roll2: Die on the hill of self-righteous indignation and take down the country with me? Another load of maggot infested machinations made up in your own mind. Both parties are mostly made up of people that will vote for the R or D come hell or high water. If Joseph Stalin was on the D ticket and Adolph Hitler on the R ticket, the R and D voters would pull the lever/punch the button without even batting an eye or looking who they were voting for because the other guy/gal belongs to the wrong party. And that's how dictatorships and communist regimes arise. More history that you're ignoring. But what the hey, it couldn't happen here, could it. Just because a democratic socialist and a criminal nutcase are running in one party and a bunch of questionable folks are running in the other party isn't a concern. As long as YOUR candidate of choice wins, it's all good.

The party line hacks that vote for their respective party's choice regardless of their candidate's fitness for holding the office are the problem. You DO know who has been POTUS for the last 7 1/4 years, right? It is the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. It's also a sign that the average voter is less intelligent than a carrot.

And as for the Kobayashi Maru reference and Capt. Kirk, that's a good one. He cheated on the test. Like the Dems voting illegal aliens and the graveyards. And the party in power Gerrymandering districts to carve out districts that exclude people on purpose. Your bringing that reference up suggests you think cheating to win is acceptable; it isn't. But that's none of my business.