Home Main Category Clubhouse

Couple having sex in car parked on N.J. street found dead of carbon monoxide poisonin

Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
Couple having sex in car parked on N.J. street found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/couple-sex-car-n-street-found-dead-article-1.2578056
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Posts: 78 Member
    from the link:
    Police have since debunked earlier reports that the couple was having sex when they died. The two were "fully clothed" and appeared to have been "sitting there talking, hanging out together," Detective Capt. Patrick Coffey told the Bergen Record.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    The vehicle was parked outside on the street ... not in a garage? Something doesn't sound right with them dying of CO poisoning outside.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Posts: 6,637 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The vehicle was parked outside on the street ... not in a garage? Something doesn't sound right with them dying of CO poisoning outside.

Suspicious? Possibly, though certainly not unheard of.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Posts: 8,811 Senior Member
    All it takes is a leaky exhaust system. If the tail pipe does not extend from under the body, the fumes will filter into the car.
  • Gene LGene L Posts: 12,815 Senior Member
    Poisoning by carbon monoxide poisoning is pretty easy to determine. The faces turn very red from the monoxide.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    You have to remember, CO doesn't kill quickly and violently, it gets it's victims quietly and slowly. First you become very comfortable, then you lose your judgement, then you feel tired an close your eyes "jet for a few seconds"...then you end up in the news as a cautionary tale.
    George Carlin
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Talk about going out with a bang.

Oh come on, you know you guys missed me!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • shushshush Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    ............... it gets it's victims quietly and slowly. First you become very comfortable, then you lose your judgement, then you feel tired an close your eyes "jet for a few seconds"...then you end up in the news as a cautionary tale.

Sounds more like the consequences of frequenting a certain South East Shoot to me.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    All it takes is a leaky exhaust system. If the tail pipe does not extend from under the body, the fumes will filter into the car.

Right Al, and also the car may have had rusted-out floorboards due to road salt. I've replaced my share of those in Wisconsin.
    I always called them "Fred Flinstone mobiles".
    Talk about going out with a bang.

Oh come on, you know you guys missed me!

:wink:
    George Carlin
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »

Yup. I had a Dodge pickup that had the exhaust dumped under the bed right in front of the axle. Driving in town was no fun with the exhaust fumes seeping up from underneath.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13