.22 ammo test

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,518 Senior Member
Cool and accelerated video so we don't have to listen to all the unnecessary yak yaking like in some videos.

Of course, YMMV with same or different kind of guns and .22 ammo

Which brands/rifles have you tried and does your experience show about the same or different results?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObQmssVY6UM
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,627 Senior Member
    An impressive video, impressively well produced. And certainly not the results I would have expected.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    I killed a Zombie earlier today with my .22 M&P, nice little group in the forehead with Auto Match
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,518 Senior Member
    JeffnBama wrote: »
    I killed a Zombie earlier today with my .22 M&P, nice little group in the forehead with Auto Match

.22s are/can be funny/ picky, even the same models using the same brands can have different results.

One will say his 10/22 shot group will look like a shotgun pattern and next will swear by such and such a brand of ammo.

I do think there has been more lot to lot variations and QA/QC issues with .22 ammo since the shortages than I can remember from before, though.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    So far have shot CCI Standard and Winchester Super X . Have been several times with Auto Match the 1st and 2nd Round do not fire. What about Thunderbolt?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,518 Senior Member
    JeffnBama wrote: »
    So far have shot CCI Standard and Winchester Super X . Have been several times with Auto Match the 1st and 2nd Round do not fire. What about Thunderbolt?

I have never had a Thunderbolt not fire I can remember, dirty chamber and maybe not feed on some semis, but always went bang, when chambered. Some say their $$$ bolt rifles really like them, be it as it is............I dunno?