Open Carry...Lesson Delivered

2»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I am not a fan of open carry for myself, I do like the protection OC being legal offers in case of accidental exposure.
    I do however, question the negative hostile attitude some express towards people that do OC, it almost seems to mirror the hostility expressed by Anti Gun folks.

After watching some OC people, they seemed vacuous, much to be pitied rather than reviled.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    About the time I OC is when I'm hunting or stomping around the hills, not too many of those in my new digs. I see no need to draw attention to myself here in Ohio to the local LEO or sheeple. I shoot at an indoor range that quite a few LEO's shoot at and let's say that the training budget for these departments must SUCK! I would have been put on probation and remedials if I had shoot as poorly as these dodge jockeys do, and in uniform no less. If I happen to be shooting near them or next to them I try real hard not to engage them in any way. Ya don't want to make a cop feel inadequate:wink:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,417 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Ya don't want to make a cop feel inadequate:wink:

Gotta be careful about taking a restroom break, right?
    :jester:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite