Trump campaign manager charged with simple battery

1246

Replies

  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    Technology today allows for people to vote, count votes, most votes wins. If enough people vote for Wambli, game over, we have a new warlord, i mean president, if bisley gets the most votes he wins. But if busley gets the most votes some rep can say all those people are wrong i say bigchief wins and that iis who we get to vote for? That is was the GOP is whispering about doing
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    . Then throw in the folks who nearly had a heart attack when he said he would consider using nukes in the Middle East, or possibly even Europe.

    Yeah, right - everything is going according to plan - he will just win all these people over, as soon as he wins the nomination - no sweat. What a genius.

    Have you been living in the dark when we were in a Cold War in Europe for decades, Nukes were never off the table. Why do you think we had them over there for show and tell......they were Tactical Nukes, think about that and what they would have been used for if a war with the Soviet Union had broke out, the Balloon went up.................

    Middle East, that option should remain open especially to use them on Iran, if necessary.

    All you guys are all of a sudden agreeing with the Lefties on issues like Nukes/Abortion because Trump said something about them. Jumped right on their anti-Trump bandwagon with them.

    Oh he hates women, demeans them just like Pantsuit says right??????????????

    No option should be taken off the table when it comes to our national defense/survival by any POTUS (potential).
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Im not emotionally invested either. This is just an observation but I'm still amazed that folks think anything that comes out of his mouth, even what some see as screwup is not 100% on purpose. That last statement about abortions tickled the hardline Christians conservatives pink, makes the supporters think he was set up by the "bad" press and apologizing later keeps his middle ground appeal in NY and CA intact. His "screw ups" only give a woody to his hardcore detractors, and no one is changing their mind. If I was running his campaign and I'd seen that question in an advance copy I'd have advised him to answer it exactly the way he did and then follow up exactly the way he proceeded. It's all bout selling to the target markets and you can't make them all 100% happy all the time...

    I disagree. I don't know anyone who applauds his statement of abortion; in fact, he's received disapproval from the right and left. No one is applauding his abortion views, even the most dedicated Right to Lifers have condemned his statement.

    He's not in control of his mouth, regardless. Everything he says is not wise or directed to a specific audience, he just runs his mouth with a stream of consciousness. He fails to put his mind in gear before he puts his mouth in motion. Chris Matthews ass-whipped him, and for that interview, for ANY interview, he is simply not prepared.

    Can't win on the votes of a few white males. He treats the electorate like he's running that Apprentice TV show. He's in charge, he makes the final decision on everything, he's the boss, so he must be right.

    Rather than giving me a woodie, he's an embarrassment to the Republican party. He won't be the final choice for the ticket. It's going to be a brokered convention, where cooler and more reasonable heads will choose someone who has a chance to win. A year ago, that chance looked pretty good but due to Trump, that chance looks more remote.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Technology today allows for people to vote, count votes, most votes wins. If enough people vote for Wambli, game over, we have a new warlord, i mean president, if bisley gets the most votes he wins. But if busley gets the most votes some rep can say all those people are wrong i say bigchief wins and that iis who we get to vote for? That is was the GOP is whispering about doing
    So you are advocating changing the rules that have been established for decades that will allow the person with the most votes, but less than a majority (currently Trump) to get the nomination. All the candidates knew these rules before they entered the race. This is not some sort of gotcha moment here.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Tell me again what he said on abortion that was wrong, it was a HYPOTHETICAL question that stated IF abortion were made Illegal should the women having them be punished for breaking the law if the new law said they should be..............

    Seems to me the pro-lifers would love to see them wicked women punished for their evil ways, murdering an unborn fetus in the womb and all that.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Have you been living in the dark when we were in a Cold War in Europe for decades, Nukes were never off the table. Why do you think we had them over there for show and tell......they were Tactical Nukes, think about that and what they would have been used for if a war with the Soviet Union had broke out, the Balloon went up.................

    Middle East, that option should remain open especially to use them on Iran, if necessary.

    All you guys are all of a sudden agreeing with the Lefties on issues like Nukes/Abortion because Trump said something about them. Jumped right on their anti-Trump bandwagon with them.

    Oh he hates women, demeans them just like Pantsuit says right??????????????

    No option should be taken off the table when it comes to our national defense/survival by any POTUS (potential).


    You miss the entire point.

    All he had to say is that it wouldn't be necessary, with ISIS, and that all options are on the table with nuclear nations. His comments scared the hell out of the peaceniks and gave the Democrat opponent more ammo - big ammo. Remember the LBJ commercial that ran one time against Goldwater, but was replayed hundreds of time on news programs?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Tell me again what he said on abortion that was wrong, it was a HYPOTHETICAL question that stated IF abortion were made Illegal should the women having them be punished for breaking the law if the new law said they should be..............

    Seems to me the pro-lifers would love to see them wicked women punished for their evil ways, murdering an unborn fetus in the womb and all that.

    Any politician who gets sucked into a hpothetical question on abortion, from Chris Mathews, is a lost cause.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Technology today allows for people to vote, count votes, most votes wins. If enough people vote for Wambli, game over, we have a new warlord, i mean president, if bisley gets the most votes he wins. But if busley gets the most votes some rep can say all those people are wrong i say bigchief wins and that iis who we get to vote for? That is was the GOP is whispering about doing

    OK, maybe that will work better for us than it did for ancient Greece.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    It may be necessary with ISIS someday/someplace, never take that option off the table. Or Iran or North Korea or any other place in the world that threaten our very existence.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    OK, maybe that will work better for us than it did for ancient Greece.
    Liberals were screaming for the elimination of the Electoral College because Gore lost when he had more votes.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Gotta admit, Donald gets folks talking about him and what he says more than any candidate that I can think of in my 62 years.

    Y'all be sure to stay home on election day if Trump is the nominee and admire the winner......................


    [IMG][/img]PantsuitBern_zpszaqzfd2f.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,520 Senior Member
    Can we change the subject please?

    I'd like to discuss how Trump is uniting the GOP?
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Can we change the subject please?

    I'd like to discuss how Trump is uniting the GOP?
    :roll2:
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Tell me again what he said on abortion that was wrong, it was a HYPOTHETICAL question that stated IF abortion were made Illegal should the women having them be punished for breaking the law if the new law said they should be..............

    Seems to me the pro-lifers would love to see them wicked women punished for their evil ways, murdering an unborn fetus in the womb and all that.

    It's been covered before, but it was a hypothetical question based on an impossible situation. Like "What if the First Amendment was overturned, would you punish the people speaking out?" Roe V Wade is not going to be overturned. Any half-way smart person would have recognized this was a trap and said so. And it wouldn't be on the 8:00 news. Trump was completely unprepared for this interview and showed his usual arrogance by assuming he could BS his way through the interview. He showed a great weakness and an inability to think on his feet.

    I know plenty of Pro Lifers, and none I know would like to see women who have abortions punished. That ought to be pretty clear; the Pro Lifers have NEVER favored punishment for women. Even when abortion was illegal was never a woman punished for having one.

    If Trump can't overcome Chris Matthews, how would he do in negotiations with Vladimir Putin?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    OK, maybe that will work better for us than it did for ancient Greece.
    Bisley this comment is well, STUPID
    This is 2016, count votes, most votes wins.

    Or maybe you guys realize Cruz just cant win the popular vote? If the person regardless who with the most votes does not get the delegates it proves our system is outdated.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Can we change the subject please?

    I'd like to discuss how Trump is uniting the GOP?

    How is Cruz uniting the GOP, they despise him almost as much as Trump as anti-establishment.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    How is Cruz uniting the GOP, they despise him almost as much as Trump as anti-establishment.
    They seem to be (reluctantly) warming up to him now. And for what it is worth, I find a guy that can recite lines from A Princess Bride, wrote the amicus brief for the states in DC v Heller, and has read Green Eggs and Ham into the Congressional Record a bit more relatable than a billionaire with a private jet, helicopter, and a model wife that is young enough to be his daughter.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    I hope you pro-Trump guys don't think your personal views on Trump fall anywhere in the majority. Don't be blinded to the truth by a personality cult.

    I don't like Cruz very much, but he's a lot more palatable than Trump or Clinton.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So you are advocating changing the rules that have been established for decades that will allow the person with the most votes, but less than a majority (currently Trump) to get the nomination. All the candidates knew these rules before they entered the race. This is not some sort of gotcha moment here.

    In the future, absolutely. Count the peoples votes, not count the votes and if some representative does not like how the people voted they get to choose whomever they desire.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    But that is the whole premise of a republic, not the democracy that you are suggesting. Our whole country is based upon a republic.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    In the future, absolutely. Count the peoples votes, not count the votes and if some representative does not like how the people voted they get to choose whomever they desire.

    That's pretty well the way it is, isn't it? Congress runs every two years, so if you're dissatisfied with your congressman, vote him out.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,520 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    How is Cruz uniting the GOP, they despise him almost as much as Trump as anti-establishment.

    You're pettifogging, Chief. This is about Trump, not Cruz. Besides, Trump is the one who is now claiming he will unite the GOP.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Bisley this comment is well, STUPID:

    "This is 2016, count votes, most votes wins."

    FIFY
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    You're pettifogging, Chief. This is about Trump, not Cruz. Besides, Trump is the one who is now claiming he will unite the GOP.

    And crossover voters/undecideds/moderates would probably vote for Trump before they would Cruz in the general election.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    FIFY

    Really bis, I am good with that. Count the votes, most wins, cruz, trump, you or wambli.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    Fine. You want what you want and you won't listen to anything else, examine history, answer questions, or entertain any suggestions contrary to your opinion. That is your absolute right - you don't have to justify it to anyone. But, cheer leading doesn't add much to a political discussion.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Really bis, I am good with that. Count the votes, most wins, cruz, trump, you or wambli.
    So you want the RNC to bend over backwards to change the rules 2/3 the way into the primaries because no candidate will likely get a majority-- be it Wambli, Bisley, or Butt Jerm? Or even perhaps Donald Trump?

    I don't think that will go over too well. People would be shouting that their guy got robbed because that is not the contest that they agreed to when they entered last year-- it would be the establishment forcing their will down everyone's throats in order to get the guy with the most votes (but without a majority) the nomination! There would be outrage and a damn good reason for the outrage. If they decided to change the rules that way for the 2020 election, so be it. But it is too late to do now. It would be extremely unfair.

    To be blunt, you want the rules changed so Trump can win. I feel that if he gets a majority of the delegates, he earned the nomination fair and square. If that happens and the RNC changes the rules to screw him out of it, (even if it puts my boy, Rand Paul out there as the nominee) I will be just as outraged as you and will vote 3rd party to show my disgust. While it is pretty obvious that I dislike Trump-- if he earned it fair and square by playing by the rules, he deserves it. If he can't get a majority-- he is a grown man and knew the rules before he joined this circus. I am sure he will do just fine in life without the Republican nomination.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,112 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I am just stating the possibilities, as I see them, after filtering through what I see and hear, and picking out what I think is logical. Obviously, I'm for Cruz, but I'm not emotionally invested, to any great extent. I've been amazed that so many have not seen through Trump from the beginning, so naturally I think he's toast, after each one of his screw-ups. Surely, there has to be some cumulative effect on him, after all that he has gotten away with, so far. Any other candidate would have been long gone, like Rubio.
    For some reason whatever he says still makes him come out smelling like a rose, but anyone else doesn't get away with it. Truly the "Teflon Don" I suppose.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So you want the RNC to bend over backwards to change the rules 2/3 the way into the primaries because no candidate will likely get a majority-- be it Wambli, Bisley, or Butt Jerm? Or even perhaps Donald Trump?

    I don't think that will go over too well. People would be shouting that their guy got robbed because that is not the contest that they agreed to when they entered last year-- it would be the establishment forcing their will down everyone's throats in order to get the guy with the most votes (but without a majority) the nomination! There would be outrage and a damn good reason for the outrage. If they decided to change the rules that way for the 2020 election, so be it. But it is too late to do now. It would be extremely unfair.

    To be blunt, you want the rules changed so Trump can win. I feel that if he gets a majority of the delegates, he earned the nomination fair and square. If that happens and the RNC changes the rules to screw him out of it, (even if it puts my boy, Rand Paul out there as the nominee) I will be just as outraged as you and will vote 3rd party to show my disgust. While it is pretty obvious that I dislike Trump-- if he earned it fair and square by playing by the rules, he deserves it. If he can't get a majority-- he is a grown man and knew the rules before he joined this circus. I am sure he will do just fine in life without the Republican nomination.

    No No No
    not now but for future elections
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    Fair enough.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.