Just another isolated incident...

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,660 Senior Member
http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/suspicious-devices-found-strapped-to-power-lines-in-tyngsborough/189785303

Pipe bomb like devices found on high tension lines in MA. Nah... Can't be terrorism
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,065 Senior Member
    Trial run.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BingBing Member Posts: 95 Member
    When wouldn't finding explosives on power lines not be considered terrorism.

Terrorism derived from Terror: Terror implies an intense fear that is somewhat prolonged and may refer to imagined or future dangers: frozen with terror.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Bing wrote: »
    When wouldn't finding explosives on power lines not be considered terrorism.

Terrorism derived from Terror: Terror implies an intense fear that is somewhat prolonged and may refer to imagined or future dangers: frozen with terror.

The same when that a guy shooting up Fort Hood yelling Alan Akbar is workplace violence.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    Alan Akbar? :jester:
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »

Ha ha. I need to proof read just a little bit.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,724 Senior Member
    Incendiary devices on a metal frame structure? Not explosives? Here we go.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,724 Senior Member
    Oh yea, he sells camels and some real nice rugs down on Main and Craphole st.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member

Aloha Snackbar. :roll2:

I call shenanigans on that. Nobody not familiar with 200KV+ power lines would not be familiar with how far that the static electricity around those lines can jump, and probably would not know what special equipment must be used to hang something on one of those lines, either from the ground or from the tower. I smell either a rat, or a disgruntled power distribution employee. You just don't go to Lowes to buy a 15 foot insulated fiberglass high tension wire pole to hang stuff on power lines, as if Lowes carries such items. And wood can be an extremely poor choice depending on humidity.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.