The Donald does it again!

Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior MemberPosts: 1,126 Senior Member
He stuck his foot so deep in his mouth that it took a crowbar to pry it out. Ban abortions
and punish the mother?! Are you kidding me? Of course he retracted the statement
several hours later after having had his consciousness raised by his handlers, but what on
earth was he thinking? He may have really screwed the pooch with that remark. Women
have long memories when it comes to the right to choose; this mistake is going to hurt.
Member formerly known as "vlafrank."

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,281 Senior Member
    How many times has that been said? He'll probably only gain 2% in the polls from that one.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,070 Senior Member
    I listened to that on the news.....Trump was posed with a hypothetical question...."If abortions were illegal, should the women who get abortions be punished?" He answered the question....If abortions were illegal it would follow that there would be consequences for committing the illegal act. He was being set up by the liberal media and the dumb ass was too stupid to tell the commentator to go pound sand....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Chris Mathews was going for a "Gottcha" moment like all the CNN & MSNBC looney leftists do. Trump was just being Trump.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,731 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    He was being set up by the liberal media and the dumb ass was too stupid to tell the commentator to go pound sand....

He was outwitted by that blithering idiot, Chris Matthews.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I am absolutely no fan of Donald Trump, but I have seen and listened to an all out witch hunt perpetrated on him even before the gotchya entrapment.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,560 Senior Member
    He stuck his foot so deep in his mouth that it took a crowbar to pry it out. Ban abortions
    and punish the mother?! Are you kidding me? Of course he retracted the statement
    several hours later after having had his consciousness raised by his handlers, but what on
    earth was he thinking? He may have really screwed the pooch with that remark. Women
    have long memories when it comes to the right to choose; this mistake is going to hurt.

Have you noticed how often Trump surrogates have to explain what Trump really meant or really said?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,609 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    I am absolutely no fan of Donald Trump, but I have seen and listened to an all out witch hunt perpetrated on him even before the gotchya entrapment.
    His biggest problem being the "witch hunt" coming from both sides!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    Americans have always been good at witch hunts. That hasn't changed.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,251 Senior Member

It's where his head is rather than his foot.

I heard on Fox news today, hardly a Liberal Rant like MSNBC that nationally, Trump has a 74% negative rating among women..
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Americans have always been good at witch hunts. That hasn't changed.
    What with 0ver 400 years of practice, right?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    This little fracas only proves The Donald is not a politician, not part of the establishment. No savvy pol would fall into such an obvious 'social issue gotcha' trap. Trump's relative innocence regarding the toxicity of modern American sound-bite politics is both refreshing and reassuring.

T R U M P
    Everybody else is owned.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    I suppose that is one way of looking at this.

He's in over his head. The wheels are starting to fall off the Donald's campaign. The fact that he's been hit like he has in the past couple days is revealing his weakness...he's been reading (and believing) the stories about him.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin