Home Main Category Hunting

Quietkat electric trike targeted towards hunters

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,146 Senior Member
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/437480/quietkat-rancher-ap-72-volt-electric-utility-vehicle

I just came across this. To me, this seems interesting in one way (quiet, maneuverable, small), but poorly executed (limited carrying capacity). However, I just can't get past the idea that this is a MartCart for off road!

Thoughts?
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    I saw the price tag and immediately rebooted my computer. I figured it had to be a video driver glitch.

Seriously though, the idea is a good one, though it would still be illegal in wilderness areas out West. I also agree that the lack of defined cargo space is a bummer.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,075 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    However, I just can't get past the idea that this is a MartCart for off road!

Thoughts?
    That it's a MartCart for off road :tooth:

325# capacity.... no bueno :nono:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Saw a similar one at Cabelas. About the same price.
    My thought? I can buy a BRAND NEW Honda 250 4 wheeler for 3 grand.

Disappointed, I was expecting you to say" Ah hell", I can build that for 50 bucks:jester:

Sako
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Hope it's more stable than the old Honda ATC's were.

Can get a pretty darn serious quad for that kind of money.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    The basic Bad Boy electric buggies start at a little less than that and there's a lot more to them.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    What has been said already plus ground clearance is going to be a big issue. Especially after the front tire is sunk in soft ground.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I think the thing going for this would be quiet. But you can get a nice used electric Golf Cart for about $2000-$2500 if you go to a country club or municipal course when they are changing out their carts. I got one for $1200 a couple years back and it had just had new batteries installed about 6 months before. But batteries are expensive. Last time we re-batteried our golf cart it set us back about $700.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.