Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Throw out about 99% of gov't regulations, close the EPA, the IRS and BATFE. Then go on vacation.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,396 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Nothing. Its SOP, we jerk their chains also.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    That is nothing new. Ask Tennmike and Woodsrunner. And yea, we do it to them too.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    Nothing. Its SOP, we jerk their chains also.

:agree:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Time to test-fire the Phalanx gun!
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Wonder what in the hell I took the office for!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Anyone who is getting seriously worked up about this obviously missed the Cold War....Get back with me when they start rubbin and bumpin on the high seas....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,139 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Throw out about 99% of gov't regulations, close the EPA, the IRS and BATFE. Then go on vacation.

First order of business, an executive order revoking all previous executive orders and making all future executive orders illegal and punishable by death.

As for the flyby- whatever. Its Russia being Russia
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »

If I were President Obummer, I would bend over and grab my right ear with my left hand and my left ear with my right hand and Pull My Head outta my Ass and shoot the bastards down!!! Obummer, ...........They're Testing your Clueless ass out to see how you will react, and if you act in your usual predictable form, they'll keep on until they do something really bad. Then you will be faced with having to really perform an act of aggression, which you won't and they will walk all over all of us.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    If I were President Obummer, I would bend over and grab my right ear with my left hand and my left ear with my right hand and Pull My Head outta my Ass and shoot the bastards down!!! Obummer, ...........They're Testing your Clueless ass out to see how you will react, and if you act in your usual predictable form, they'll keep on until they do something really bad. Then you will be faced with having to really perform and act of aggression, which you won't and they will walk all over all of us.

Doesn't Jug Ears call what he does...Leading from behind? Shoot 'em down numb nuts.
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Anyone who is getting seriously worked up about this obviously missed the Cold War....Get back with me when they start rubbin and bumpin on the high seas....

That's all true and well and good, but one difference, even Jimmy C would try and back em down. Obummer will sit on his behind and try to laugh it off and go play his afternoon golf round, asleep at the wheel as usual. Obummer is clueless to this while the world laughs at us and he doesn't give a damn.

Wait, he isn't really clueless, he's just following his agenda to a tee.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Cause for an impromptu tracking exercise? Sure....But it appears that there are a lot of folks suggesting opening fire on unarmed aircraft for buzzing a U.S. ship....Sure glad none of them had their fingers on the trigger during the Cold War when far more provocative stuff occured.....and lest you forget....we engage in the exact same thing....
    Cause for an impromptu tracking exercise? Sure....But it appears that there are a lot of folks suggesting opening fire on unarmed aircraft for buzzing a U.S. ship....Sure glad none of them had their fingers on the trigger during the Cold War when far more provocative stuff occured.....and lest you forget....we engage in the exact same thing....

Lots of bad things and near misses went on in the cold war. But you didn't hear about the whole ball of wax, because the government didn't let it out to the media and public. All we heard was rumors. You don't have to take action if they respect you. How do you get them to respect you? Spank them occasionally. If they're afraid of your response they won't do anything. Bullies only take retribution when they know they can get away with it. And with Obummer in charge, that's a given.

What do you think Ronald Reagan would have done about this?
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member

Nothing.
    The same thing he did after Beirut.
    The decison not to do anything stupid was made by the ships Captain.......not Obama. While provocative...those pilots were not endangering the ship.

Are you suggesting that Reagan would have ordered them to defend themselves against unarmed aircraft? Really? The same kind of thing happened during his administration...except the Soviets had live ordnance on the rails....so that probably tells us what he'd have done....
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    The same thing he did after Beirut.
    Allow the CIA to plant an alleged car bomb?
    Overkill is underrated.
    Or maybe just pull out.
    Lots of bad things and near misses went on in the cold war. But you didn't hear about the whole ball of wax, because the government didn't let it out to the media and public. All we heard was rumors.

Maybe all YOU heard were rumors...there were number of folks on this board that were actually "playing the game"...
    Maybe all YOU heard were rumors...there were number of folks on this board that were actually "playing the game"...

In what capacity? Were you all privy to all that was going on?

I've got a nephew that's a Lt Col. in the 82nd AB, and whenever any of us ask him what's going on he says he doesn't know what's coming down from day to day. He says when he's given orders then he does as told.

My dad was a fighter pilot and an officer in the 8th Air Force in WWII. He didn't know from day to day where he was going or for what reason until the briefing before the mission. I have all the respect in the world for those who served. I put myself out there for them and was rejected. So I don't apologize for not serving. I wish I would have. But I know that unless you have a very high security clearance and you have a specialization, then you probably didn't know much more than any Joe Sixpack about what was going on. I don't pretend to say I knew anything more than what was in the media back in the day. But a lot of things have come to light since the wall came down.

Do you think this president is doing a good job? Do you think the enemy or potential enemy has any respect for him? I don't. I'm no admiral or general with a big security clearance, but I can read history.
    :popcorn:
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    I'd go to Camp David and build a fire in the fireplace
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Nothing.

When Reagan did strike back he didn't screw around. He sent Qadaffi out in the desert hiding in the doons. Reagan gave it his best with diplomacy but when he had reached the end of his patience he let loose hell fire and brimstone on em. I personally believe that's all they understand.
    When Reagan did strike back he didn't screw around. He sent Qadaffi out in the desert hiding in the doons. Reagan gave it his best with diplomacy but when he had reached the end of his patience he let loose hell fire and brimstone on em. I personally believe that's all they understand.

So do you think Reagan would "let loose hell fire and brimstone" on Moscow? Do you think Obama should? Read Blind Mans Bluff by Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew. You might read about some of the crazy provocative things our sub captains did during the Cold War. Should Moscow have unleashed Brimstone on DC?
    The U.S. can't unleash hellfire and brimstone. They're the good guys. Rainbows and kittens, maybe.

The Soviets could. They were the evil empire.
    Overkill is underrated.
    In what capacity? Were you all privy to all that was going on?

I worked with nukes and had the security clearance to go with it...I maintained that clearance when I went to work for DoD for the next 30 years....so yeah, I probably knew a bit more about what was going on in the world than the average Joe.

And no... I think the current occupant of the White House is probably the worst President we've had in my lifetime....but even he isn't stupid enough to get into a shooting war with the Russians over some inconsequential crap like this....
    I worked with nukes and had the security clearance to go with it...I maintained that clearance when I went to work for DoD for the next 30 years....so yeah, I probably knew a bit more about what was going on in the world than the average Joe.

And no... I think the current occupant of the White House is probably the worst President we've had in my lifetime....but even he isn't stupid enough to get into a shooting war with the Russians over some inconsequential crap like this....

OK, but that doesn't mean that everybody that served knows more than us that didn't. I know more than a few that did that don't have a clue what goes on in the world.

Also, we're talkng Cold War, which I lived almost all the way through and many of the top secrets of the cold war are almost common knowledge nowadays. Believe me, I will be number one to admit I have no clue about most of that. And hey, I'm the last one to want to get into a shooting war with anybody over horse crap like that. But I think what pisses me off and what is pissing most off on this forum about our current POTUS is that not only the Iranians, ISIS, but also the Russians have his number. It goes farther than not shooting at planes harassing our ships, it's his whole no win attitude. They don't believe he'll do anything no matter what they do. And that's all I'm getting at.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member

Rubbin, son, is racin'.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    But I know that unless you have a very high security clearance and you have a specialization, then you probably didn't know much more than any Joe Sixpack about what was going on.

I would say that you're wrong. An overseas issue of Stars and Stripes prints about lots of military activity that never seems to make it to the "Joe six pack" media outlets. It's not classified or anything, it's just that the civilian media outlets determine what you get to know about. I assure you that there is a heck of a lot more going on with all branches of the military every day than what the civilian media prints or reports.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Planes and ships have disappeared under suspicious circumstances on both sides for decades. It's just a little harder to get away with it these days, given the satellite tracking and almost instantaneous communications capabilities we have now. Putin is going to rub obummer's nose in his own crap for as long as he can because he knows the lily-livered coward won't put up a fight. Unfortunately, that cowardice just might get some patriotic young men, my grandson included, killed in the process!
    Jerry