Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Change for a $20: Tubman to replace Jackson on new bills

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I think the PC Police hate all our founding fathers, they fergit there wouldn't be a USA and a constitution without them. Things were different back then, things are different now. Erasing their faces or removing a statue or removing a name doesn't change history, they seem to want to erase it. What horse manure they spread to make themselves feel better about history's "Wrongs".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/20/change-for-20-treasury-to-replace-jackson-with-tubman-on-bill.html?intcmp=hpbt1
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«1

Replies

  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Why not Oprah? Or HilLIARy?

    ETA: Put her on the $2 bill ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Maybe all the welfare crowd will want their goobermint checks cashed in 20's now!
    Jerry
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    I don't know why Jackson ever got the honor of getting his face on US currency. He reneged on his promise to the Cherokee nation after they helped him win the battle of New Orleans. He was about as sorry a person as we've ever had in the white house.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Old Hickory and all other white men speak with forked tongue to Injins.

    Is that a good enough reason to remove him from the $20 bill? We look hard enough there are reasons that nobody would qualify to ever be on our currency, have a school or building named after them or a statue put up in their honor.

    Seems to be a "De-Stalinization" of American historical figures going on lately.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    And at the same time the elevation of some to near Sainthood status that shouldn't be.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TugarTugar Senior Member Posts: 2,222 Senior Member
    I don't mind their choice. I think it's nice to have a wider variety of historical figures on our currency. Mrs Roosevelt would have been my choice.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
    Winston Churchill
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Tugar wrote: »
    I don't mind their choice. I think it's nice to have a wider variety of historical figures on our currency. Mrs Roosevelt would have been my choice.

    Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, Frank Hamer, Sam Colt, John Browning , Skeeter, Manuel “Lone Wolf” Gonzaullas, Black Jack Pershing, Patton and others would be cool on bills.

    Of course, could you imagine how hard a time folks would have trying to figure out if a bill that comes with multiple figures on them was counterfeit. Kids these days would be in a real pickle too, they can barley make/count change as it is at the... do you want fries with that joints...................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    the elevation of some to near Sainthood status that shouldn't be

    Hmmmm- - - -like maybe a rabble-rousing serial philanderer with a national holiday dedicated to him?
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Why not Oprah? Or HilLIARy?

    ETA: Put her on the $2 bill ...

    No no my friend...........$3 Dollar Bill with Pantsuit on the front and Huma on the backside or Bubba smoking a cigar with an intern on his lap :jester: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Eleanor Roosevelt would fit in nicely with Oprah, Rosie O'Donnell, Billie Jean King, Hilary Clinton, and Ellen DeGeneris!
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    After thinking about it I am all for redoing all currency ... just like Monopoly money ... denomination written out.

    ONE --- FIVE --- TEN ...

    Oh wait, can't do that because it would not be PC being in English only.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    I'm holding out for Marie Laveau!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Why not Oprah? Or HilLIARy?

    ETA: Put her on the $2 bill ...

    I recommend Hillary be put on the $3 bill. Hell you say, they're illegal counterfeit? Oh well, as untruthful as She is, that's a pretty good match up!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Why not Oprah? Or HilLIARy?

    ETA: Put her on the $2 bill ...

    I think they should put Hillary on a $3 bill. Hell you say, they aren't legal Tender? Well Hillary ain't exactly Kosher her self so that should be a pretty good fit.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Just send me a few hundred bundles to try out. I'll let you know what I think of em later.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The progressive thinking is that our revolution, like the Constitution itself, is a living thing - always growing, evolving and improving, and our original 'founders' are no more or less important than the 'founders' who arose out of every generation, who have shaped and contributed to our civilization. Interesting train of thought, but 'caca-del-toro' nonetheless. The currency should be reserved to honor our Founding Fathers, and our notable Presidents.

    I like Andrew Jackson. He fought in the American Revolution, conquered Florida from Spain, defeated the British at New Orleans, and the Creek and Seminole Indians, and stood up to the judicial tyranny of John Marshall. He was Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons Of Tennessee.

    If Jackson's portrait on our $20 bill is to replaced by a socially important woman, let it be with a portrait of Linda Lovelace, who did more to liberate millions of Americans from the chains of their sexual inhibitions, than anything Tubman ever did for a small handful of African-Americans.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    And what about Johnny Horton ?
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Why couldn't they just come up with a $3 bill.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I don't know why Jackson ever got the honor of getting his face on US currency. He reneged on his promise to the Cherokee nation after they helped him win the battle of New Orleans. He was about as sorry a person as we've ever had in the white house.
    If we are going on the "sorry in the Whitehouse" standard ole Barry H Obama should be put on the new $13 dollar bill.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,948 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    If we are going on the "sorry in the Whitehouse" standard ole Barry H Obama should be put on the new $13 dollar bill.

    I'm not arguing with you on that point. Heck, I think they should put my bare backside on the $20. The way things are going, it won't be long until "paper work" is all it's good for.
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I like Andrew Jackson. He fought in the American Revolution

    Jackson was 9 years old in 1776. His only claim to fame during the revolution was getting his face scarred by a Brit officer's riding crop for refusing to shine his boots. He was pretty ruthless as an indian fighter, and later as a politician, with David Crockett and Sam Houston as a couple of his victims. He did manage to pay off the national debt and tell the supreme court to kiss his behind, so he wasn't all bad. I grew up about 2 miles from the Hermitage, his Tennessee home, and hunted rabbits and squirrels on property that used to be part of the plantation.
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Eleanor Roosevelt would fit in nicely with Oprah, Rosie O'Donnell, Billie Jean King, Hilary Clinton, and Ellen DeGeneris!
    Jerry

    J. Edgar Hoover suspected her of being a communist or commie sympathizer and had associations with leftist groups, and she had a big FBI investigation file. Not someone's face I want to see on my money.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    J. Edgar Hoover suspected her of being a communist or commie sympathizer and had associations with leftist groups, and she had a big FBI investigation file. Not someone's face I want to see on my money.

    Dang, like Pantsuit huh?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I thought for sure it'd be what's HIS name? You know, O'bummer's husband Michelle.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Why couldn't they just come up with a $3 bill.

    Then we could be like the Bahamas with their $3 bills! I have a few of those stashed somewhere. :uhm:

    http://www.centralbankbahamas.com/bank_notes.php
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    As a friend of mine pointed out.... it's a shame that the Federal Government is forcing Andrew Jackson to relocate after all these years...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    What a bunch of BS this is. Why can't the libtards leave well enough alone?
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,262 Senior Member
    Ok boys. . .When I take over. . .

    The one dollar bill will consist of a montage of Teddy Roosevelt, flanked by Hiram Maxim with one of his suppressors (Speak softly), and Enrico Fermi bordered by a B29 and a mushroom cloud (and carry a big stick)

    The "We Can Do It" Rosie Riveter on the Five. Border of the bill with be rows of rivets on the skin of a B24.

    The ten dollar bill will be replaced with the eight dollar bill, faced with a portrait of John Cantius Garand. Two diagonal corners will have the usual number "8" the other corners will have a loaded en-bloc full of .30-06 black tip. Back of the bill will have a '43 production M1 prominently displayed with a Higgins boat to the left and a scruffy GI to the right - caption: "Your World: Delivered".

    The $20 bill - our most common denomination - will be faced by John T. Thompson holding an early model with a 20 round box, and captioned "Spread the Love"

    The front of the $50 bill will have a portrait of John Browning working on one of his belt-feds under a banner that says "Freedom Conceived".
    The back of the bill will have a montage of a B-17G, a P-51D, and a Sherman Tank - M2's proudly protruding from all - with a banner that reads "Freedom Delivered". Border will contain Alvin York with a 1911, Val Browning with BAR, John Basilone with an M1917, and Carlos Hathcock behind his Unertl-scoped M2

    $100 bill - Robert Oppenheimer on the front, flanked by Fat Man and Little Boy, mushroom cloud on the back. "You can have our money or our wrath: choose wisely" scripted out in Latin.

    Sam Colt on the penny, Oliver Winchester on the nickle, Eli Remington on the dime (group size), Smith & Wesson on the quarter, and Browning on the .50 (DUH!)
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    If they have to have a woman who accomplished something for the United States, I nominate Betsy Ross.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Nice to know everything is hunky dorey enough that our gvt spends time and resources on such important this as this. If it ain't broke, they'll break it and throw money at it.
    Support your local Scouts!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement