Home Main Category Personal Defense

Shooting at my former employer

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 12,746 Senior Member
The details are at Onlineathens.com, but basically three Oconee County deputies responded to a family violence call on Dials Mill Spur, and apparently found a victim. The perp (suspected) locked himself in a bedroom and when the deputies got a key they heard the slide of a pistol going forward. They opened the door and there was the suspect with a pistol pointed at them. One of the deputies fired, hitting him in the chest and taking him out of action. He was not killed and he was taken to the hospital, where he's expected to recover.

The incident was caught on body camera, which will be released when it's possible. By all accounts, a clean shoot.

I don't know the perp, but apparently he's known to OCSO and his family. Among the people congratulating the deputies for professional work was his (claimed) sister, who (I gather) thanked the deputies for shooting him and perhaps turning his life back on the right path.

We're in a small county in GA, kinda like Mayberry. Just goes to show you IT can happen anywhere.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies