Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

200,000 New Votes For HilLIARy In VA

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Damn Dummicrat Goobernor just restored voting rights to 200,000 convicted felons with one pen swipe. His good friend HilLIARy must be jumping for joy and McAulffie ready for his new appointment from her ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/virginia-governor-restores-voting-rights-200k-felons-154622727.html?nhp=1
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Did the jerk-off restore their gun rights too?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    If they have served their time, he should.
    If a felon does not deserve to have rights restored after their sentence has been completed, then they don't need to be out in the first place.

Yep.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    If they were on probation or parole, I would understand it. But after that, they are supposedly rehabilitated/paid their debt to society/suitably punished and are expected to be responsible citizens afterward. That is kind of hard to do when they can't enjoy the full rights of citizenship.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    How can a state GOV restore the right to vote in a national election. I know they can pardon, but seems they would have to be convicted of a state felony, I dunno.

What about a federal conviction? Does that take POTUS?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    My problem is not anyone has rights (voting, ability to own a gun, etc) if THAT PERSON petitions and legally do so but when a politician does with one swipe for 200,000 ... he is looking for votes for himself (next election, he's the one that killed reciprocity on CHPs until the state legislature went off on him) or another candidate (HilLIARy).
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Do you think him licking Pantsuits heels will get him on the ticket as VP?
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Do you think him licking Pantsuits heels will get him on the ticket as VP?

No, from what VA shooting friends say he does have national political aspirations ... an appointment for her would be a nice step for Goobernor to Congress or such.
    - George Orwell