Home Main Category General Firearms

Went to the gun show!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
And got an old hand gun!!

ry%3D400

I know, I pulled this trick last year! But I did get an old hand gun.
I got me a heater, a gat, watch out or I'll plug ya, ya dirty rat!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It's a 1927 vintage Colt Official Police in .32WCF (.32-20). I've been looking for one for a while to go with my 1889 Marlin in .32-20. There were venders from all over the south east, and the guy I bought it from lives two blocks from me! It's in original condition, just the way I like them.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I like it! Congrats :applause: :applause: :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    My Official Police is a three digit SN# made in 1929/30 chambered in .22 lr.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    For some reason the cylinder looks huge. Like cartoonish. Good looking pistol anyway.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    http://proofhouse.com/colt/

Colt models and MFR year by SN range.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Very nice! For almost 90 years old it only show patina and no real wear at all! Real nice!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    You suck. Nice colt.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Man, Big Al has the luck of the Irish, he always comes up with a good gun find no matter where he goes.

FLA to WI he seems to fall into guns.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Oh man that is old.

And really cool!
    From back in the days when cops walked a beat and some still kept em in the pockets a thier long coats outta sight.

Break out your fedora.

Edit
    V- spring:guns:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    Very interesting
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Man, Big Al has the luck of the Irish, he always comes up with a good gun find no matter where he goes.

FLA to WI he seems to fall into guns.

I'm thinking it's because he's always looking. Me, unless I want something specific I don't pay attention (Cheaper that way).

Everything I have is more or less a grail gun to me or rather it's something I wanted Specifically. A few times I've gone to pawn shops and just looked at the rack and a couple of LGS too, but I have bought relatively few guns like that. I bought my 20 Ga Mossberg like that in my favorite LGS, but I had been thinking about buying a good used 20 Ga. anyway because I had a bunch of shells for it and I had lost my 20 Ga. in a divorce and this one was in really good shape, AND the price was right.

Also, the donor action for my .250 Savage, a Howa 1500 which was at the time chambered in .22-250 was one I found in a pawn shop. But I had been going to that pawn shop looking for the perfect donor and and when I saw that one I knew that was it, the one I wanted. It was in great shape and the parent case for a .22-250 was the .250 Savage so what's not to love? That was a perfect acquisition. And it worked out great.

But I don't go looking for guns unless I have something in particular in mind. If I did, I'd been broke a long time ago and all I would have left to my name would be about 5 safes full of guns. So it's better that I don't tempt myself by looking around.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,419 Senior Member
    Congratulations. and you suck
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    That is very cool, you suck, the 32-20 and 25-20 are two cartridges that are really starting to interest me, and a 32-20 in a handgun is just beyond cool, I'd give my eye teeth to use that Colt on some high country hares or a few goats.
    As for this Marlin, a pic of the happy couple? :guns: :applause:
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    waipapa13 wrote: »
    That is very cool, you suck, the 32-20 and 25-20 are two cartridges that are really starting to interest me, and a 32-20 in a handgun is just beyond cool, I'd give my eye teeth to use that Colt on some high country hares or a few goats.
    As for this Marlin, a pic of the happy couple? :guns: :applause:

I'll have to take a few pics tomorrow.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,727 Senior Member
    I sold my OP. It was in mint condition in .38 Special; I think I posted pictures of it on this forum. Got some big $$$ for it. It had the large frame, almost the size of a python, in fact, the holster was a good fit with a python.

Had wooden grips. Made in about 1930 or so, IIRC.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    And got an old hand gun!!

ry%3D400

Saturday Night Special?
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Yup, you really suck
    I like old guns, and thats a nice one.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,396 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Saturday Night Special?

{walk away.... just walk away}
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    After doing a little more research, I ID'd the pistol wrong, which with this model is easy to do. It's a commercial version of the New Army and Navy pistol. The ser# dates it at 1907. It later morphed into the Official Police in 1927 and remained in production until 1969.
    After doing a little more research, I ID'd the pistol wrong, which with this model is easy to do. It's a commercial version of the New Army and Navy pistol. The ser# dates it at 1907. It later morphed into the Official Police in 1927 and remained in production until 1969.

I saw that on a Google look at SN# search/date made and wuz wondering..........man even better and worth more???? Makes it even more interesting.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,727 Senior Member

Yeah, I wondered about that since my OP was a lot bigger-framed. It also had Official Police on the barrel.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    You suck! Nice find.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yep, I think it's next gen of mine. IIRC it's a late 1890s gun.

image-3.jpg

Nice!! Similar to my New Service in .455. Do you shoot it?? It's a .41, right??
    Notch's!! Cool! Hey, there was a vender at the gun show that specializes in odd ball ammo, they had everything, they might have your .41 Colt.

Shadowsmith Ammo
    770-880-8998
    Cartersville Ga.
    [email protected]

They are also on face book.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,144 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Don't be silly. It would be better to just convert that .41 to something easier to find ammo for. Like a .38 special.

And ceracote it olive drab
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    HERESY! People have been burned at the stake for less!!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member