Tedeschi-Trucks Band

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 1,829 Senior Member
Waiting to watch them in concert tonight. It's an outdoor concert in the Mississippi Delta.

Check out the link (if it works)

http://www.dockeryfarms.org/

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sounds like fun. Never heard of them, but like a lot of musicians I used to watch on Austin City Limits on TV years ago...........some got famous and some not. Never know.

So how was it?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,829 Senior Member
    It was a great concert. Derek can flat out play a guitar. His wife ain't bad herself, and she has a great voice. All of the musicians are.good.

That plantation, started in the late 1890's (I think), is considered to be the "birthplace of America's music". A lot of the early blues players used to perform there on Saturday nights back in the day.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    I saw Derek Trucks in 1993? in a little club/restaurant in Mt. Dora FL. The dude could flat out play back then. He's only gotten better. He'd have to be a good musician to be the slide guitar player for the Allman Brothers.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 188 Member
    I've seen him perform with Eric Clapton.
    Barry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I used to see a band in Jacksonville FLA called the Second Coming in the late 60s and couple of them went on to be in the Allman Brothers Band. Dickey Betts was one.

As this article says many played with a lot of different musicians/bands back and forth over the years.

He was on probation back then for shootin a cow to BBQ...Cattle Rustling.........

http://ticket.heraldtribune.com/2014/10/29/dickey-betts-on-his-days-before-with-and-after-allman-brothers-interview/
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!