Today did not suck.

EliEli Senior MemberPosts: 3,074 Senior Member
I have yard work that needs to be done, house work that needs to be done, errands that need to be run......and today I decided not to do a damned thing. :tooth:

relax.jpg

It was a beautiful day outside. I grabbed a John Sandford book that I haven read yet, a Padron Churchill in maduro, a cup of coffee with a bit of heavy cream and maple syrup in it, and did absolutely nothing. It was wonderful.

So, how'd y'alls Sunday go?

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,982 Senior Member
    I understand days like that.

Loaded up some mags with 55/62/75 grain .223 ammo I had reloaded for the range later in the week after my Ruger 556 comes in. Will load some factory 55/64 grain GDs in mags too so I'll have a good assortment of loads to try.

Sorta a lazy day to piddle around.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,008 Senior Member
    Did 200 laps in the pool, but I do that everyday. Other than that, not much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    I just sat around an outside fire and fondled .327 ammo.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Went to church. Loaded some test ammo for the AR. Grilled, and now the inlaws arrived for the next week.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Went to the office for a few hours this morning. Got home and did a little more cleaning and arranging for my new reloading space. Cleaned and assembled the powder measure. Read how to set my die depths and did as much as I could without having cleaned brass or bullets on hand. Had the ball game on in the garage.

Now watching the end of the ball game and waiting on my wife to bring me a glass of wine. :up::up:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    Did a little cleaning, watched a couple of movies, dug a couple of fishing shirts out of storage and thought about putting the boat in the river....thought about it....yoou're right...lazy day
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,260 Senior Member
    Cleaned my Vaquaros, loaded a bunch or 38 special for next weekend, cleaned my coach gun and watched the end of the Nascar race. The rest was leisure time after a busy day yesterday. Speed steel match, GD's softball game than stawberry picking. Wish the weather would stay like this a couple more months.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,095 Senior Member
    Went to the hardware store to get supplies for the wagon project, went to the range, did some laundry, cleaned my guns, installed a new extractor in the Ruger MK III as the original one had 4,200 rds on it and was well along the way cold flowing. Gonna take out the garbage, and hit the shower.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    My parents came over last night. This morning we all went to our church then my parents took us out to dinner. After dinner Dad, the kids, and myself took a nap. Then I finished mowing the yard, Mom and Dad helped me move a big pile of mulch. After my parents left we took a short ride in the Jeep and then supper and baths now bed.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    Went to church this AM, took the MIL to meet with friends afterwards, did the usual Sunday chores, plus mowed (it's that time again) and did a little deck sitting in the sun...I give this day a 7 out of 10. :up:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,459 Senior Member
    Went to Target and Walmart, walked the dog, and that's about it. Except for one quick t-storm, we have had great weather since last Sunday......... :tooth:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,056 Senior Member
    Spent today at the Leesburg Bikefest with 3 friends drinking beer, looking a the bikes, and ogling tattooed, scantily clad women....not necessarily in that order....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    .... we have had great weather since last Sunday......... :tooth:

Oh, you hush!

:tooth:

Next time I'm down, we'll have to grab lunch sometime.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    took care of the wife....102 degree fever. did some errands. Tended to the wife some more. Karaoke with some friends for a short time. Back home caring for the Mrs. nasty Flu going around the Sacramento area.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,459 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    Oh, you hush!

:tooth:

Next time I'm down, we'll have to grab lunch sometime.

:up:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    Hmmmmmmm, Sunday. Did what I have done for every sunday but one since October last year. Worked on a charter. Up at 4am, at the boat by 5, punters arrived at 6, cast off at 6,45, got back to the wharf at 6pm, shut down and cleaned the boat, home by 10pm, a quick bite to eat and a cup of coffee and fell asleep on the couch...............woke up at 4am this morning and did the whole thing again.......... Actually I did the same thing on Saturday as well.......

I have had one day off work so far this year............That means I have worked 115 days out of 116 so far...........BUT, After next weekend I get the following weekend off cos its opening weekend of the

DUCK SEASON!!!!!!!!!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,008 Senior Member
    dmooL4V.jpg

Be vewy vewy quiet!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    Had our usual Sunday dinner crew (that would be lunch, to the Yankees out there) - thirteen of us - both daughters, SILs, and seven grandkids. Mrs. Bisley made a huge roasting pan full of beef enchiladas, pinto beans with hot tamales crumbled in (very good), pico de gallo, and sour creamed spicy corn, and home made pink cake that the kids love. Then, my niece showed up to take family photos - quite a circus. It was a long day, but a good time was had by all. It's like preparing a Thanksgiving meal, every Sunday, but Mrs. Bisley loves it, and I'll admit that I miss it on those few occasions that we have to skip it.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    Spent the morning on the beach, then I drove... And drove... And drove... While answering work phone calls. Bluetooth is a wonderful thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I'm on call this week, so in the morning I was logged in to work until noon, then a light lunch, followed by coffee and a cigar on the deck while Wife was off riding her horse. Nothing else productive happened at all.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Slinging hash for the scouts. We set up out concession trailer at a American Woods racing event. http://awrcs.com/index.php It is one that is close to us and they have been good to us so I am plugging them here a little.

slinghash2%20-%20Copy_zpsxlicsvev.jpg

This, as a fundraiser will fund the troop for the year, it was a real good weekend. The troop will have to find another event to get a little extra if they want to take a trip, but all the bills are paid and they may have made enough selling fish over lent for a trip. We have 2 restaurant quality fryers and a grill in the trailer and we can move some product. Sat we turned 300lb of potatoes into fresh cut fries, and Sun probably around 200 or more. Breakfast sandwiches, coffee, fries, burgers, dogs, cheese sticks, fried oreos, funnel cakes, and drinks. We are legal, permitted, and inspected in PA.

Some of the new people are complaining about the man hours, so its about time for VM to remind them that the last year that we ran the last fundraiser, I had 124 MH in and it was make or break and we made bank by the skin of out teeth. With the trailer, we paid the equipment off the first year, the most MH someone will put in for a weekend is 20 if you help set up Fri night and take 2 shifts, or get involved in picking up supplies. The trailer was my idea, and it kind of makes you feel good when a plan you pushed, and ruffled some feathers on, works like it was expected to. We dont leave any kids back because of funding. They get dollars set aside for them to use for scouting equipment per the hours they put in.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Had a lazy morning; made a pancake breakfast for me, the wife, & the boy; church in the early afternoon, back home to a Game of Thrones marathon with the wife.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Dude that's awesome. And tell the whiners to pound sand.

No kidding - I can peel 10 lbs. of potatoes in 15 minutes, so 6 adults could have given up 2 hours of their time and peeled enough taters for the whole weekend. Who is not able to do that? Let the people who don't mind helping run the windows and the grill, and shame the other adults into doing the grunt work for 2-3 hours of their valuable weekend.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    Picked up Dad, drove to Bass Pro, and bought our 2016 licenses & deer tags. goodygoodygoody!:tooth:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    No kidding - I can peel 10 lbs. of potatoes in 15 minutes, so 6 adults could have given up 2 hours of their time and peeled enough taters for the whole weekend. Who is not able to do that? Let the people who don't mind helping run the windows and the grill, and shame the other adults into doing the grunt work for 2-3 hours of their valuable weekend.
    Scouts cut the fries, do the trash, run drinks, and run the window. Adults play with that which you dont want goofy teen boys around, like 80lb of 350deg oil and a 24 inch flat grill.

Its the same in any organization. There are always the "idea men". Folks who have great ideas in their mind, which is the only place the idea will actually work. But they will lay the blame as long as someone else does the work. When I got sucked into being Chairman, we had just lost the big fundraiser that we had for 5 years, the committee chair moved on, and the scoutmaster quit. The troop was broke and screwed, so I applied the negotiating tactics that I have expressed on here because they work for me. I am leaving them with a viable, paid for fundraising solution that isnt beholden to anyone but the Troop, and being the only troop from this council to make Boys Life in 35 years because we put them in packs and they decided it was fun.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.