Home Main Category General Firearms

Whatcha gonna bring to the SE Shoot to Shoot?

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Yep, so do I need to bring a .44 for you to shoot?

If you bring him something, make sure that it's big and heavy so that it absorbs some recoil as we've learned that Ned's a little recoil sensitive with light pistols that push a little.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I'm confused, he said he was bringing .44 spl ammo, no gun, but told me not to either????
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    somebody will have a .44

don't have to aim your .44----I think it has internal radar guidance.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Ned can only bring so much, that hat takes up most of the cab of his truck.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    somebody will have a .44

Ned, I've got a 7-1/2" stainless redhawk that I can bring that should be heavy enough to tame those .44special loads. I'll even bring my shooting sticks to help hold it up for you.:jester:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Maybe Chief can bring a 4" .44 special.
    BAMAAK wrote: »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :spittingcoffee:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Lay off the hat, might get Miss Mary on the warpath.
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Ned, I've got a 7-1/2" stainless redhawk that I can bring that should be heavy enough to tame those .44special loads. I'll even bring my shooting sticks to help hold it up for you.:jester:

Will you shoot it for me, too, to, 2, tu,
    ?
    Here Ned, a Marine video, may be dated (1999) by the so called "Operator" crowd these days, but it is sound advice on shootin an M-16/M-4/AR 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sinv5CO6hwU
    Too much finger on the trigger.
    Well, the narrator says each shooter is different and have different grip holds and finger placement and to use whatever works for you. That is, as long as they use their trigger finger.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Funny enough that's making a comeback.

Exactly, as long as it is SAFE use whatever technique works best for you, not what some Operator, self proclaimed expert says you should. Each to his/her own.

I'm not saying positive coaching and pointers aren't a good thing, they are.
    If ya don't push down and left I guess it could work
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    If ya don't push down and left I guess it could work

Yeah, that can be a problem even with a two hand grip.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    You gonna bring your new Ruger .22 tennmike?
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member

I will bring my old, but newly stocked 10-22, if I don't mess up the trigger.

How many Cigar smokers to we have?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Maybe Chief can bring a 4" .44 special.

OK, I'll bring the 4" little brother 624 of the one you fired.

Yes, the SP101 .22 will be there with new springs and grip. I finally got all the bits in the mail; just need to do the install and knock off the burrs in the internals. I'm FINALLY going to put the AR pistol lower together tomorrow and mount the upper(I STILL need a red dot scope of some kind for it), and maybe build the other lower to get it ready for my nephew's AR. And put scopes on the two .223 rifles (one AR and one Ruger bolt action) I'll be bringing.

Been busier that a one legged man at a butt kicking the last few months and worn out. Lost 2 more pounds since last kidney stone procedure; down to 153 as of day before yesterday. I'm gonna dry up and blow away if I can't get my appetite back. :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
    AR pistol sounds like fun.

I'll bring my Ruger AR 556. Only thing I plan to do with it is put that Ruger Elite trigger I ordered in it, should be here in a couple days. I did put a slip on pad on the butt stock to get a longer stock by about 1" and to fit my shoulder better, not so much for any recoil reducing qualities it may have. Fit like a glove.

Those 6 position collapsible stocks wobble like a fat chicks boobs in an ill fittin sports bra :yikes::tooth:.....I reckon that is the trade off.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member

I'll bring my Ruger AR 556. Only thing I plan to do with it is put that Ruger Elite trigger I ordered in it, should be here in a couple days. I did put a slip on pad on the butt stock to get a longer stock by about 1" and to fit my shoulder better, not so much for any recoil reducing qualities it may have. Fit like a glove.

Those 6 position collapsible stocks wobble like a fat chicks boobs in an ill fittin sports bra :yikes::tooth:.....I reckon that is the trade off.

A little electrical tape lengthwise on the buffer tube will tighten it up.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Anything that is a slip fit that also needs to be able to move with dust/dirt contamination tends to be less than optimum for a good tight fit. And those 6-position stocks are like an old wooden screen door; the more you bang them, the looser they get. That applies to something else, too, that I'll just leave to all y'alls imaginations. And if you think I have a dirty mind, then how did you understand to what I was referring? :uhm: :tooth:

AR lower builds on hold until I either find or fabricate new takedown detent installation tool. Simple tool; looks like a round allen wrench with a hole at one end to make installation of the spring and detent loss free.

And that :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::angry::angry::angry: cataract in my right eye is giving me fits today. Trying to do close work with trifocals and one eye seeing EVERYTHING AT ANY DISTANCE slightly out of focus in the right eye sucks...........and gives me a headache. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
    Keep looking or er..............feeling around Tenn................your tool is right where you left it.........you will find it after you buy another one and the good news is you will have 2!
    Keep looking or er..............feeling around Tenn................your tool is right where you left it.........you will find it after you buy another one and the good news is you will have 2!

I just happen to have some hard alloy aluminum 3/8" round stock and a little tabletop Unimat lathe, and a drill press. I can make one pretty quick, I think, and more better than the store bought variety. If I get motivated, I'll make a few extras and bring them to the shoot.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I don't have anything unusual or special, but I am bringing my new unused Ruger .45 ACP 1911 and my AR with the bumpfire stock that I have not used yet either.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    OK, I'll bring the 4" little brother 624 of the one you fired.
    That's great
    That's great[/QUOTE

Hey NN, that .44 Spl ammo ammo ain't from that company that made the stuff your Ruger blew up with is it? I'll bring plenty ammo too.

OK, my list subject to be added/deleted, but not the following.

4" S&W model 624 .44 Spl

Ruger Am .22 bolt rifle

Ruger 556 AR

.22 revolver probably S&W model 63 Kit Gun

SKS Yugo 59/66

S&W model 28 Hwy Patrolman

Any maybe another I haven't decided on yet.

Any other request...........
    No, Mark, it is the same ammo I shot in the other one last year.

That bad ammo was .45 acp and I pulled the bullets, burned the powder and sent the primed brass and loose bullets home to Kansas for reloading.
    Big Chief: S&W model 28 Hwy Patrolman

What barrel length?
    What barrel length?

6"