Home Main Category General Firearms

Whatcha gonna bring to the SE Shoot to Shoot?

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    No, Mark, it is the same ammo I shot in the other one last year.

That bad ammo was .45 acp and I pulled the bullets, burned the powder and sent the primed brass and loose bullets home to Kansas for reloading.

OK, sounds good.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    6"
    Dang
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Dang

Dang what, you wanted shorter or longer?

I do own a 4" model 13, fixed sight .357

I think I had it there last year, Nickel plated one???
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Dang what, you wanted shorter or longer?
    ?
    No, well yes; but, I was thinking about Mrs. BML's 4" HWY Patrolman a few years back
    it was a fine shooter.

I have a 4" .357 in the 6 trilogy.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    Question. While I'm still not 100% on being able to make it, If I can, does anyone want me to bring my newly converted Grendel bolt gun?

Probably the only other things I'll be bringing are my AR pistol (seems they have gained in popularity, I believe mine was the first one there) and my 10mm, unless I get a LW commander before then.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Ned, my Wolff springs I ordered will be here next week. I'll put the kit in the 4" 624, it ain't bad, but not near as slicked up as its big brother that got the attention of a gunsmith.

I think the Hwy Patrolman is fine just like it is, but will reevaluate.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Question. While I'm still not 100% on being able to make it, If I can, does anyone want me to bring my newly converted Grendel bolt gun?

Probably the only other things I'll be bringing are my AR pistol (seems they have gained in popularity, I believe mine was the first one there) and my 10mm, unless I get a LW commander before then.

Yes, you can make it........you can make it.............
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    I know one thing EVERYBODY's bringing, and there's going to be a ton of it shot.....

cow_dung_pie_crap_pooh_delivery.jpg
    I know one thing EVERYBODY's bringing, and there's going to be a ton of it shot.....

cow_dung_pie_crap_pooh_delivery.jpg

Dang right, we will shoot flies off a cow pie with iron sights @ 100 yards using a mirror shooting backwards without disturbing the pile .....anyone who doubts it is welcome to stand near the pasture decoration enjoying the aroma and see fer themselves :guns: :guns: :tooth:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    Okay, Officially going to make it. Will bring the 799 and MAY have a New toy to surprise you with. Depends on my meeting with Ins adjuster tomorrow, and how long until I get a check. I'll be ordering it and will have to check to see how long until it gets here.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I reckon I'll change out the hammer and trigger return springs on the SP 101 in the morning. Hate for CPJ to have his lower lip dragging the ground because I didn't change them out. :roll2: Had to watch a couple of Youtube videos on how to remove the trigger group; Ruger sho' nuff does things different from S&W.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,572 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I reckon I'll change out the hammer and trigger return springs on the SP 101 in the morning. Hate for CPJ to have his lower lip dragging the ground because I didn't change them out. :roll2: Had to watch a couple of Youtube videos on how to remove the trigger group; Ruger sho' nuff does things different from S&W.

You'll be happy you did. Makes a huge difference, for $8.
    jbohio wrote: »
    You'll be happy you did. Makes a huge difference, for $8.

$9.79 + $7.85 shipping. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
    $9.79 + $7.85 shipping. :tooth:

Buy a bakers dozen fer different guns and they ship fer the same price...........I ordered a few for various guns direct from Wolff. One thing is most of the ones for S&W fit multiple K//LN frame models.
    Buy a bakers dozen fer different guns and they ship fer the same price...........I ordered a few for various guns direct from Wolff. One thing is most of the ones for S&W fit multiple K//LN frame models.

The few S&W revolvers I have already have good triggers(they're mostly as old, or nearly as old, as me! :tooth:)
    My other few revolvers also have good triggers, and the single action Rugers are good, too.

I still haven't changed the springs out on the SP 101; my get up and go done got up and went, I guess. I'll do the changeout before bedtime, maybe.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I am just bringing a GP 100 .327 and a .45acp/45 long colt Redhawk.
    Got the trigger and hammer springs changed out on the SP 101. Made a lot of difference in the trigger return tension and a noticeable drop in double action trigger pull (13# hammer spring). I also got the Hogue fatty grip put on it. THAT made it a lot more comfortable to grip.

Also cut my thumb on that little :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss: stirrup that holds the hammer strut in position. I HATE stainless steel stampings with sharp edges. Good thing I had the strut in my small drill press vise; chances are good that I'd have flung that :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: assembly across the living room, otherwise. :tooth:

HEY, NED! Do you want me to bring my Ruger Vaquero birds head grip single action in .45 Colt? I brought it once and I don't think you shot it.
    ― Douglas Adams
    [SIZE=5"]HEY, NED![/COLOR][/SIZE] Do you want me to bring my Ruger Vaquero birds head grip single action in .45 Colt? I brought it once and I don't think you shot it.

I don't think I ever shot a birds head
    I'll bring some 45 colt ammo
    I don't think I ever shot a birds head
    I'll bring some 45 colt ammo

I'll bring it, and a couple of boxes of cowboy ammo I have,too.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I'm bringing a box of 45 Colt + P if anybody is bringing something that we can shoot it in with iron sights.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Anybody want me to bring a Trapdoor!!??
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Okay, Officially going to make it. Will bring the 799 and MAY have a New toy to surprise you with. Depends on my meeting with Ins adjuster tomorrow, and how long until I get a check. I'll be ordering it and will have to check to see how long until it gets here.

Will there be a WOLF coming along for the ride?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Will there be a WOLF coming along for the ride?
    Probably in your car
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Anybody want me to bring a Trapdoor!!??

You can bring whatever you like so long as that lovely Johnson makes a showing.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    No worries, I shot the Johnson last week and it's ready to go. I'll pack along the TD carbine! You all can fight over who gets to play with the Johnson!! Hopefully somebody will record the event!!
    OK Ned I put a Wolff spring kit in my 4" model 624 .44 Spl today, leaf and trigger return spring. It wasn't real bad to start, but much mo better now. I used the middle of the three TR springs. It was a bit harder for me than the YouTube videos. Took a lot of tapping on the frame with a rubber mallet to get the side plate off.

That ink pen trick didn't work so well either compressing the TR spring as you get it over a stud it rest on. Yep it flew out twice, but I finally figured out something. They have a special slotted tool to compress it, I wish I'd had one today.

Long as it goes bang every time, Ill be happy even if I have to put the stronger spring in or the original parts I saved.

Model 27 doesn't need a thing done to it. 686 has been slicked by a gunsmith years ago. J frame .22 model 63 can wait, I have a kit for it too.

About all ready to go. Ammo loaded in car, I knew I'd find a good use for those NRA bags they send you for renewing. Makes toting it easier to break down to smaller bags.

Bringing plenty .223/.22/.44 Spl/.357 and some.38s.

In fact, I got some .357 that needs to be shot up and some of them coated hard cast Penn Bullets I reloaded, 158 SWCs I haven't gotten around to trying yet.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I hope all you guys have safe travel and a great time. Too many differnt and distant obligations for to make that kind of trip.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    Correction model 28 Hwy Patrolman I'm bringing.
    early wrote: »
    I hope all you guys have safe travel and a great time. Too many differnt and distant obligations for to make that kind of trip.

Why thank you early, wish you could come.
    You can bring whatever you like so long as that lovely Johnson makes a showing.

Big Als JOHNSON is gonna be a show piece fer sure :yikes: :yikes: :rotflmao: :jester: