Home Main Category General Firearms

Whatcha gonna bring to the SE Shoot to Shoot?

124»

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I think those Johnson's saw action with the Marines at one specific spot in the Pacific, but I can't recall where?:uhm: I'm pretty sure Bruce Canfield said they liked those rifles too.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey Al, just don't be whipping out yer Johnson at a Hooter's restaurant, against the law in Bama and Tenn....................and parts of GA!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    It has to be unloaded and cased :jester:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Talk about severe procrastination! I'm gonna finally get two rifles and the AR pistol sighted in this afternoon. Meant to do it a good while back, but life got in the way. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    Talk about severe procrastination! I'm gonna finally get two rifles and the AR pistol sighted in this afternoon. Meant to do it a good while back, but life got in the way. :tooth:

Pack that new .22 first so you won't fergit :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,822 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey Al, just don't be whipping out yer Johnson at a Hooter's restaurant, against the law in Bama and Tenn....................and parts of GA!

I only go to Hooters for the wings!!:jester:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,705 Senior Member
    Clean doesn't even let me drive by that place.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,068 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Will there be a WOLF coming along for the ride?
    Wasn't planning on it and don't have but a few rounds loaded for it. Since we're coming in wife's vehicle, I'm packing light. Only planning on bringing the 799 Grendel, the RIA 10mm and my "new toy" that I picked up today that is also a handgun. (Plus my PM40, but that going anywhere with me is a given) and my steel "mini-man" spring loaded target

I wasn't going to fire the new one until I got there, but my personal desire to test fire all newly acquired firearms within the first 24 hours of taking possession got the best of me. Put 2 rounds through it into a pine sapling ~ 5' away just too ensure it made the loud obnoxious noises it was supposed to.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Big Al1 wrote: »
    I only go to Hooters for the wings!!:jester:

Don't they serve legs, thighs and breasts too :jester: :whip2: :whip2:
    NN wrote: »
    Clean doesn't even let me drive by that place.

I don't blame her, never know what an old Marine might try and pull without the proper supervision. :tooth:
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Wasn't planning on it and don't have but a few rounds loaded for it. Since we're coming in wife's vehicle, I'm packing light. Only planning on bringing the 799 Grendel, the RIA 10mm and my "new toy" that I picked up today that is also a handgun. (Plus my PM40, but that going anywhere with me is a given) and my steel "mini-man" spring loaded target

I wasn't going to fire the new one until I got there, but my personal desire to test fire all newly acquired firearms within the first 24 hours of taking possession got the best of me. Put 2 rounds through it into a pine sapling ~ 5' away just too ensure it made the loud obnoxious noises it was supposed to.

Big holes or little holes................? How many cartridges does it hold?

I've been known in years past to pull off the road in the country and bust a few caps off in a ditch or something to the surprise of wife and kids who thought something might be wrong with me. :guns: :guns:
    Pack that new .22 first so you won't fergit :tooth:

It's squatting in its case next to the AR rifle and pistol. Got to go get the Garand and ammo out of the safe, too. And get the Ruger Vaquero from the safe and get the ammo for it packed.

I did get the AR rifle and pistol sighted in sorta-kinda. I suck at shooting either left handed, and the cataract makes shooting right handed sort of iffy, if you know what I mean.
    ― Douglas Adams
    I don't blame her, never know what an old Marine might try and pull without the proper supervision. :tooth:
    I behaved myself in Olongapo Pi
    I believed the scare talk about body parts dropping off
    I behaved myself in Olongapo Pi
    I believed the scare talk about body parts dropping off

Or Mrs Cleans scissors could cause that too :yikes: :yikes:
    Actually, a MGYSGT that I respected had a little talk with a young temporary temporary Capt before he was sent to war and liberty
    in the foreign lands of Asia
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,899 Senior Member

understand, coming up in a rental and will be continuing on for some R&R before hading home so not stacking guns in the car
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I could only scare up 6 Garand En Block clips with 8 rounds each of Lake City Black Tip ammo. I got more En Block clips but no Garand compatible ammo loaded. Garands are kinda picky on what they will shoot, and not bend the op rod all to Hades, or slam fire. :silly:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,822 Senior Member
    I'm bringing about 100 rounds of M2 ball, you're welcome to shoot what you want, just need some for the Johnson!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    I'm bringing about 100 rounds of M2 ball, you're welcome to shoot what you want, just need some for the Johnson!

I wuz thunking the Johnson was a smaller caliber (prototype?) or was originally and later changed to 30-06?
    Mike, I have quite a bit of the Greek M2 CMP was selling a few years ago. I'll bring some if you need it. Or trade you 2:1 for the blacktip :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Mike, I have quite a bit of the Greek M2 CMP was selling a few years ago. I'll bring some if you need it. Or trade you 2:1 for the blacktip :tooth:
    So if I bring a box of 10mm 155 gr XTP would that get me 16 rnds of that ammo to shoot that M1 of Mikes?
    I'll bring plenty of M2 ammo for you Marine. :usa:

With the understanding, no one else can have any, until you're through shooting it (as long as Mike is okay with this)

Been a long time since I shot one and that was high school as M-14s were the battle rifle by the time I went on active duty; then they armed me with a .38 revolver.

Thank you, I think 2 clips would be enough.
    Been a long time since I shot one and that was high school as M-14s were the battle rifle by the time I went on active duty; then they armed me with a .38 revolver.

Thank you, I think 2 clips would be enough.

Knitepoet and I had a confab. You can shoot my M1 until your shoulder screams 'Uncle!'. :usa:

I'm also bringing 100 rounds of Magtech .45 Colt Cowboy Action Loads for the Ruger Vaquero. It's 250 grain flat nose with the bark but not much bite at all.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Matt and I won't be getting there until lunch, so I'm packing very light this year. Gonna bring my M&P AR15-22 and my AR pistol. Will bring my Glock 34 if anyone is interested.